1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    19 Nov '17 17:54
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You see, feel, taste, hear, and smell to take in what is around you.
    Did I get that right?
    You process all you take it, using your mind.
    Did I get that correct?
    If I tell you something and it’s the truth, it’s the truth isn’t it?
    If I am holding a 5 dollar bill, and I tell you I’m holding a 5 dollar bill, is that the truth absolutely, or only some degree of truth only?
    Am I in error in anything yet?
    Edit: You see, feel, taste, hear, and smell to take in what is around you. Did I get that right?"

No.
    I see, feel, taste, hear, smell and then evaluate herenow the nature of the specific objects of my senses to take in what is around me. Then I enter a sensemaking process of what is actually around me herenow by means of the evaluation of the mind.

Edit: "You process all you take it, using your mind. Did I get that correct?"

No.
    I use my mind when I have to use it; I do not use my mind when I have not to use it.

Edit: "If I tell you something and it’s the truth, it’s the truth isn’t it?"

Perhaps. For I have to evaluate whatever one says in order to conclude that he is saying something that is true to him and to me.

Edit: "If I am holding a 5 dollar bill, and I tell you I’m holding a 5 dollar bill, is that the truth absolutely, or only some degree of truth only?"

If you indeed are holding a 5-dollar bill right now at your home and you are telling me that you do so, this is absolutely true to you at the level of your own purely subjective conceptual awareness. If I could see you holding it, it would be absolutely true to me too at the level of my purely subjective conceptual awareness. However our consensus over our respectful subjective awareness would only mean that we both acknowledge a fact through the validated by our perception knowledge at a specific spasetime; this has nothing to do with some sort of absolute truth that is not graspable, as is the case with the religious Absolute Truth that you accept on the basis of faith to a specific religious dogma.

Furthermore, our consensus means not that the fact you are holding a 5-dollar bill is some kind of absolute truth to all the other human beings, which must believe as true a case that stands out of the realm of their purely subjective conceptual awareness.
    And again, these persons must decide to hold this belief or to discard it solely by means of their own subjective evaluation of the mind: Those that will believe you although they cannot have a direct perception of your claim they will do it solely because they decided to believe you blindly on the basis of faith alone, and not because whatever you happen to say is "absolute truth", while those who will decide to believe you not will do so stricty on the basis of their lacking of knowledge and not because whatever you happen to say is or isn't a part of some sort of "absolute truth".
    😵
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '17 18:18
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Edit: You see, feel, taste, hear, and smell to take in what is around you. Did I get that right?"

No.
    I see, feel, taste, hear, smell and then evaluate herenow the nature of the specific objects of my senses to take in what is around me. Then I enter a sensemaking process of what is actually around me herenow by means of the evaluation of the mind. ...[text shortened]... not because whatever you happen to say is or isn't a part of some sort of "absolute truth".
    😵
    I can see you are in your own world, I hope you hear that still small voice speaking while He
    is speaking to you.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Nov '17 19:33
    I can see you are in your own world, I hope you hear that still small voice speaking while He
    is speaking to you.
    Hearing voices?
    There are a number of diagnoses which
    could be made but please see a health professional.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 18:39
    is speaking to you.
    Dude! The man has a clue, and it isn't based on revealed knowledge delivered by prophets.

There are other ways to interpret the deep feelings you have.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 18:49
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Dude! The man has a clue, and it isn't based on revealed knowledge delivered by prophets.

There are other ways to interpret the deep feelings you have.
    I am sure you are correct, but there is only one Good Shepherd with whom we should be dealing with, Jesus Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree