Respect

Respect

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Nov 17

Originally posted by @thinkofone
What you seem to fail to understand is that the conceptual model of God for many people is not bound by "reason or credibility". To do so is to make God less than He is and brings God down to the level of man.
The Christian –and any other– conceptual model of G-d is non-transcendental and, as such, an absurd mental projection, since by definition G-d stands above all kinds of conceptualization😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @black-beetle
The Christian –and any other– conceptual model of G-d is non-transcendental and, as such, an absurd mental projection, since by definition G-d stands above all kinds of conceptualization😵
Isn't everything between your ears a conceptual this or that? The tagging of anything as
absurd also rests with you too doesn't it?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Nov 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Isn't everything between your ears a conceptual this or that? The tagging of anything as
I enter conceptualization according to my convenience strictly when I am requested to use my conceptual awareness during the interaction of my 6 senses with the Physical World.

When I have to experience directly that which cannot be transferred with words, it comes through my non-conceptual awareness. Then, I use my conceptual awareness strictly in order to establish a way to transmit what I know, keeping in mind that what I transmit is merely a product of my own mind that mirrors my purely subjective direct experience.

So yes, everything on which my mind works on, is a conceptual this or that. But when my mind is still and well balanced on its natural state, concepts are non-existent😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Nov 17

Edit: "The tagging of anything as absurd also rests with you too doesn't it?"

It is not absurd for us to have conceptual models of every abstract real or imaginary mental object we happen to evaluate; however, since the Christian dogma is grounded on the concept that G-d is transcendental, it is absurd to see Christians holding conceptual models of G-d😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 17

Edit: "The tagging of anything as absurd also rests with you too doesn't it?"

It is not absurd for us to have conceptual models of every abstract real or imaginary mental object we happen to evaluate; however, since the Christian dogma is grounded on the concept that G-d is transcendental, it is absurd to see Christians holding conceptual models of G-d😵
You mean since we believe God isn’t a constuct of human thinking we are in error?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Nov 17

You mean since we believe God isn’t a constuct of human thinking we are in error?
All kinds of mental projections as regards the nature of G-d are purely subjective noise, for the mind of the human beings cannot conceive the transcendental reality of G-d's nature under all circumstances.

So I mean that the Christian adept must cultivate faith in G-d according to the Word without the slightest conceptualization as regards the nature of this entity. The conceptualization is merely a conventional and provisional mapping that cannot envelop G-d's transcendental nature😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 17

All kinds of mental projections as regards the nature of G-d are purely subjective noise, for the mind of the human beings cannot conceive the transcendental reality of G-d's nature under all circumstances.

So I mean that the Christian adept must cultivate faith in G-d according to the Word without the slightest conceptualization as regards the natu ...[text shortened]... merely a conventional and provisional mapping that cannot envelop G-d's transcendental nature😵
Yes/no you mean because we don’t believe God is a human construct we are in error?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Nov 17
1 edit

Yes/no you mean because we don’t believe God is a human construct we are in error?
Kindly please read again my post just above. What exactly do you fail to understand?
😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 17

Kindly please read again my post just above. What exactly do you fail to understand?
😵
Your answer yes and this is why see above, or no and this is why see above.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 17

So I mean that the Christian adept must cultivate faith in G-d according to the Word without the slightest conceptualization as regards the natu ...[text shortened]... merely a conventional and provisional mapping that cannot envelop G-d's transcendental nature😵
To take a stab at this you believe we cannot understand God, because He is beyond our grasp being to much to our to little. If that is the case you reject God plays apart in our understanding?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Nov 17

To take a stab at this you believe we cannot understand God, because He is beyond our grasp being to much to our to little. If that is the case you reject God plays apart in our understanding?
I said:
It follows that either G-d exists or not, all conceptualizations about G-d's nature are pure nonsense.

What the Christian adept must do? In my opinion, she must cultivate faith on G-d by Grace and at the same time avoid all kinds of conceptual models as regards G-d's nature.

As reards your question: According to the Christian dogma, faith in the Father through Jesus is fruitful by Grace.
😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 17

I said:
It follows that either G-d exists or not, all conceptualizations about G-d's nature are pure nonsense.

What the Christian adept must ...[text shortened]... n: According to the Christian dogma, faith in the Father through Jesus is fruitful by Grace.
😵
Quite a pronouncement you just made about limitations under all circumstances.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Nov 17

Quite a pronouncement you just made about limitations under all circumstances.
I think you do not understand a crucial paradox of the Christian doctrine and thus you are confused as regards G-d's immanence and G-d's transcendental nature😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 17

I think you do not understand a crucial paradox of the Christian doctrine and thus you are confused as regards G-d's immanence and G-d's transcendental nature😵
Really it couldn’t be someone who doesn’t believe in God, doesn’t know Him, has instead misconceptions about God in his head that don’t reflect God’s true nature or being?

Why is it Christians who are the ones missing the truth about who God is and the relationship God desires? I get I may not grasp what you think God is according to you, but your god lays only between your ears no where else, quite unlike the Lord God of Heaven and Earth who fills all creation.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Nov 17

Really it couldn’t be someone who doesn’t believe in God, doesn’t know Him, has instead misconceptions about God in his head that don’t reflect God’s true nature or being?

Why is it Christians who are the ones missing the truth about who God is and the relationship God desires? I get I may not grasp what you think God is according to you, but your god ...[text shortened]... n your ears no where else, quite unlike the Lord God of Heaven and Earth who fills all creation.
Edit: “Really it couldn’t be someone who doesn’t believe in God, doesn’t know Him, has instead misconceptions about God in his head that don’t reflect God’s true nature or being?”

It could be, but I spent years in studying and meditating deeply on the Word and I know perfectly well what I know herenow and what I am talking about.
It is my knowledge that, being under any circumstances fully unknown and unknowable due to his transcendental under all circumstances nature, G-d seeks constantly to be revealed to his creation. His transcendental nature keeps him distant and remote from Kosmos in spacetime, while G-d's Agape draws him near to his creation, enabling the fallen man to see G-d's immanence overshadowing his transcendence. So all one sees is G-d’s immanence; no one but the Son sees the nature of the transcendental nature of G-d, which under all circumstances transcendental remains.
This is the Orthodox Greek Christian thesis.
If you adopt a different approach and you believe I have misconceptions about G-d’s nature, kindly please expand and state the related denomination.

Edit: “Why is it… …who fills all creation.”

Because in this forum it is strictly Christians the ones who do not meditate on the Word, ending up superstitious.
I worship not any kind of supernatural entities, G-d included; I have nothing between my ears but my own fallible mind; and I surely don’t know how exactly you perceive Heb. 1:3, Isa. 55:8-9, Rom. 11:33-36, Ex. 33:20 and Isa. 64:6-7 –but what you say is not in accordance with the way these passages are perceived by the Orthodox fathers. No big deal😵