1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '12 15:13
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it didn't happen according to jesus christ's timetable. and things i don't see may be happening, but prophecies aren't fulfilled in secret.
    What didn't happen?
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Jun '12 17:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What didn't happen?
    his return.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jun '12 04:25
    his return.
    knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NKJV)
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Jun '12 04:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    knowing this first: that [b]scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NKJV)[/b]
    it's not according to my own lust. it's according to his (jesus christ's) own promise that he would return with the kingdom in power within one generation and that some of the people he was speaking to would be alive to see it.

fail. false promises of false messiahs. trying to cover your bases by claiming there would be scoffers (of course there would be!) is irrelevant to the failure of christ.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '12 12:50
    his return.
    So when do you feel like he should return? In the past, present or the future?
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Jun '12 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So when do you feel like he should return? In the past, present or the future?
    it's too late for that, he already missed his window of return. he should've returned within the time frame in which he promised to return; within 1 generation; while some of those in his audience were still alive.

the people living in those times were also taken by surprise at the missed window. but their foolish faith prevented them from declaring him the false messiah that he was and reinterpreted what he said to justify the failure in their minds...by coming up with cockamamy excuses like the JWs do with their missed 1914 time frame... declare that it already happened in some invisible unseen realm or ignore the words spoken and claim it didn't happen "yet"
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 04:14
    it's too late for that, he already missed his window of return. he should've returned within the time frame in which he promised to return; within 1 generation; while some of those in his audience were still alive.

the people living in those times were also taken by surprise at the missed window. but their foolish faith prevented them from declaring ...[text shortened]... in some invisible unseen realm or ignore the words spoken and claim it didn't happen "yet"
    You must have amnesia or your head was up your arse when I explained that to you before.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 05:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You must have amnesia or your head was up your arse when I explained that to you before.
    you were never able to refute what jesus said. his failure is complete.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree