Revelation 20:14,15

Revelation 20:14,15

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Mar 19

@suzianne said
He was first targeted by the both of you long before the subsequent events unfolded. I saw the psychological drama being played out, it was right out of your standard operating manual for discrediting people who disagree with you.

GB was tougher than Romans, but his health was a factor. Sonship is tougher than Romans, so he endures. Romans was already a fractured indiv ...[text shortened]... sintegration. I hope you two are proud of yourselves. Another tragic notch on your belts, I guess.
You've been banging on about this crap for years suzianne; it’s all so terrible and injust and yet you never report it to the site administration. Why is that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Mar 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Well said.

He was really attacked from the start and dug in his heels.

Some of the resulting stuff was regrettable, of course, but i honestly think he was trying to mirror the abuse he felt he was receiving from not one member but several.

But the abuse that people give here is rather unique because it is really all about the Puritanical accusations of abuse at ...[text shortened]... h other on small issues.

Death by a thousand cuts, but NEVER ever be direct with an insult, lol.
You have no clue what goes on in this forum; you don’t even know that I’m anti-trinitarian and yet there have been literally dozens and dozens of debates on it across dozens and dozens of threads.

Your defence of a poster who was banned from the entire site for repeated trolling and other inappropriate behaviour is more evidence of your lack of comprehension ability.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Mar 19
1 edit

@Suzianne said:

He (Romans1009) wasn't able to handle the psychological pressure that you two mete out on a daily basis here, and we all saw the result in his social disintegration.

You’re as bad as Philokalia! Romans1009 was deliberately, systematically and completely ignored by FMF Ghost of a Duke and myself for three months because of his incessant trolling. Hundreds of posts a day, day after day after day. The guy was a git and was rightfully banned by Russ.

If you have an issue with what happened, why didn’t you take it up with Russ at the time instead of now, 9 months later.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Mar 19

@suzianne said
If the search function wasn't such crap, we'd all see. But I'm sure that's just coincidence. Yeah.
Are you blaming FMF for the demise of the forum search function?

Are you drunk?

F

Moves
02 Mar 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
I have thought of racism as something predicated on hate. Thus, I cannot be a racist towards any group because I am not hateful toward any group and try to not be hateful to any individual.

If that is not the case, tell me what racism is.
There doesn't have to be "hate".

If you want to know "what racism is", look it up.

The fact that I have lived in several countries around the world and speak foreign languages and have friends from races and nationalities other than my own is certainly not something I would cite if I were defending myself against the suggestion or suspicion that I was a racist.

You surely don't think that places like Jakarta, and Bali, and Tokyo, and Seoul don't have their fair share of white people with a deeply ingrained and even intellectualized racist outlook but who are happy to date and drink and eat interesting food, and learn a language and make a living among the 'friendly locals', and enjoy the exotic surroundings, and do so in an environment where one's Caucasianness can set them apart, and where white beta males can often get away with strutting around as if they are alpha males etc. etc.? Surely you know what I am talking about? Did you start your ex-pat life only last week and you have not realized it yet?

So, having been an expat for almost 30 years, and having met a stack of racist expats in several countries in various parts of the globe during that time, even people doing 'good works' and integrating gamely after a fashion, I would not be defending myself using the good old "I can't be a racist; I've got some black friends" chestnut.

What I would do, however, to defend myself from the suspicion that I was a racist, would be to say to people: read what I write and what I say about race and culture in public.

If, in that writing, I had exhibited any obsessions or fixations or chosen hobby horses on the matter of race, incessantly so, then I would just let people decide for themselves - based on that - and let them say whatever they think is true and accurate. If they are wrong, then they're wrong.

F

Moves
02 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Are you blaming FMF for the demise of the forum search function?

Are you drunk?
It wasn't me who disabled the website's search function. Honest.

But I will admit I was drunk 13 hours ago.

S. Korea

Moves
02 Mar 19

@fmf said
There doesn't have to be "hate".

If you want to know "what racism is", look it up.

The fact that I have lived in several countries around the world and speak foreign languages and have friends from races and nationalities other than my own is certainly not something I would cite if I were defending myself against the suggestion or suspicion that I was a racist.

You su ...[text shortened]... - and let them say whatever they think is true and accurate. If they are wrong, then they're wrong.
It's all in how you define it.

Racism means there is malice and hatred and some visceral element.

Critiquing immigration and multikulti doesn't make anyone a racist.

In*group preference doesn't make someone a racist.

You've surely seen in group preferences among many different types of people, you expat of thirty years.

Are you prepared to say the bulk of every Asian country is racist because it doesn't subscribe to your humanist western mindset?

This is the burnt out, tired, and dumb sixties thought that is still failing the West.

S. Korea

Moves
02 Mar 19

The left has to view nearly everything as racist because it's the only way that they can account for their grave concern about inequality and injustice. It's also the only way that they can brush aside legitimate concerns about impractical ideas and desires to maintain tradition in the face of postmodernism.

Of course it also functions as an ersatz religion.

And as we see with Dive; anyone who believes these things will sooner be a heretic than be associated with traditional Christianity, and they will place egalitarianism and the world above God.

F

Moves
02 Mar 19

@philokalia said
Racism means there is malice and hatred and some visceral element.
No, it doesn't. But I see what you did there.

F

Moves
02 Mar 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Critiquing immigration and multikulti doesn't make anyone a racist.

In*group preference doesn't make someone a racist.

You've surely seen in group preferences among many different types of people, you expat of thirty years.

Are you prepared to say the bulk of every Asian country is racist because it doesn't subscribe to your humanist western mindset?

This is the burnt out, tired, and dumb sixties thought that is still failing the West.
Post this on the Debates Forum, I suggest.

All I wanted to share with you is that stuff along the lines of 'I can't be a racist; I've got some black friends' or 'I live in a foreign country; I can't be a racist' is an unimpressive defence.

F

Moves
02 Mar 19

@philokalia said
The left has to view nearly everything as racist because it's the only way that they can account for their grave concern about inequality and injustice. It's also the only way that they can brush aside legitimate concerns about impractical ideas and desires to maintain tradition in the face of postmodernism.
I suggest you just let people decide for themselves - based on your activity on the Debates Forum - and let them reach whatever conclusion they want. If they are wrong, then they're wrong.

S. Korea

Moves
02 Mar 19

Oddly enough, you once pressured me to post a debates topic on the spirituality forum, and now you're urging me to not discuss a debates topic in the spirituality forum

Kind of funny.

F

Moves
02 Mar 19

@philokalia said
Oddly enough, you once pressured me to post a debates topic on the spirituality forum, and now you're urging me to not discuss a debates topic in the spirituality forum
I didn't pressure you to post a debates topic on the spirituality forum, I just asked you to reply to my posts on an existing topic on the spirituality forum. But you skulked off.

F

Moves
02 Mar 19

@philokalia said
And as we see with Dive; anyone who believes these things will sooner be a heretic than be associated with traditional Christianity, and they will place egalitarianism and the world above God.
Do you really believe that the gap between divegeester's belief that Revelation 20:14,15 is metaphorical, which is the way he sees a lot of other stuff in Revelation - and your belief about Revelation 20:14,15 being [presumably] literal - makes him a "heretic"?

S. Korea

Moves
02 Mar 19

@fmf said
I didn't pressure you to post a debates topic on the spirituality forum, I just asked you to reply to my posts on an existing topic on the spirituality forum. But you skulked off.
Isn't it funny the way that people remember things differently.