Revelation 20:14,15

Revelation 20:14,15

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Mar 19

@sonship saidTake your trophy and enjoy it - "Twelve Years and I can STILL ask hard questions to demonstrate my Atheism is better." Take your trophy, boast a little to new posters, and enjoy your lack of whatever.
"Trophy"?

Which nook or cranny of your ego did you pull that metaphor from?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19
4 edits

@FMF

I asked you about your subjective opinion about a supposed "final accounting" and the fate of the Jews but I know why you have run away from it.

Maybe if someone else asks Ill express some thoughts.

I do not HAVE to debate you for another decade.
Grasp it.

Your silences in the face of certain questions and observations during the course of debates and discussions are part of the discourse.

And you're going to get more silences. Get use to it.

Maybe if a fresh participant asks, I'll write something. Which you and others are likely to label waffle, plagiarism, monologues, etc.

You seem to think I have some duty to wrangle perpetually forever with you. I don't have that responsibility.

Did I say I was the greatest apologist of the Christian Gospel? Maybe someone else with a different delivery and different interpretations you can argue with.

Personally thought djbecker exposed a lot of your nonsensical arguments.

Unanswered questions are gaps in what you present and point to the gaps in the credibility of the things you claim.

Run with your lack of belief in God.
That's what you want to trust your soul to. Run with it and see how things turn out.

Go silent if you want to. People will make of you what they will.

That's right.

They can easily pull up my profile and read my comments on Spirituality for hours, to see what I have written over the years.

F

Moves
04 Mar 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I asked you about your subjective opinion about a supposed "final accounting" and the fate of the Jews but I know why you have run away from it.

Maybe if someone else asks Ill express some thoughts.

I do not HAVE to debate you for another decade.
Grasp it.

[quote]
Your silences in the face of certain questions and observations during the c ...[text shortened]... pull up my profile and read my comments on Spirituality for hours to see what I have written.

I will continue to comment on what you say in public. You being unable or unwilling to respond is part of the dialogue.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19

@FMF

Ask me if I care.

Comes with the medium.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19

Questions about my OP anyone else ?

F

Moves
04 Mar 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Ask me if I care.

Comes with the medium.
You should start a blog and then you could use that to propagate your ideology free of dissent and affronts to your 'holiness' [for want of a better word] while using this debate and discussion forum to have debates and discussions with intelligent and motivated people who have different beliefs from you.

F

Moves
04 Mar 19

@sonship said
Questions about my OP anyone else ?
I suggest you just post a link to the relevant material by Witness Lee and Watchman Nee.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19

@FMF

Yea, yea.

Anyone else with a question about what I believe on this OR if you wish what Nee or Lee may have written on it ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19
1 edit

@FMF

Oh poor, poor FMF. You see, he has another QUESTION. He needs some clarification you see. He doesn't understand you see? Please explain to him, you see?

Run with your lack of belief in God's existence.
Put your trust in that.

Time will tell. It has to.

Oh, for a long time FMF has said I should do a blog.
Maybe I will. Maybe I prefer instant one on one except not with the same debater for a decade plus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
3 edits

@FMF

I suggest you just post a link to the relevant material by Witness Lee and Watchman Nee.

This time I think I'll refer readers to one G.H. Lang from his book "The Last Assize ". ( my spacing, and bolding)
THE UNEVANGELIZED (continued)

We have seen that those who in this life seal their eternal doom are those who have so resolutely hardened their heart as to become irreclaimable. Will the justice or the mercy of God allow that any created being be declared for ever lost until that irreversible state has been reached?
Must there not be likeness in condition before there can justly be equality of doom? Is it conceivable, consistently with the justice and the grace of God, that He shall Himself, by decree and sentence, put beyond the possibility of repentance one in whom the possibility of it still exists?

G.H. Lang is saying that it seems that for some even who were judged temporally with death, the possibility of repentance may still exist.

My opinion is that he has biblical ground for such a theory.
Going on.

The question therefore is, does Scripture warrant the idea that such possibility of repentance can exist after death?
What bearing on this question has the unequivocal statement by CHrist that if the men of Sodom, Tyre, or Sidon had in their day been blessed with the knowledge and privilege granted to Capernaum "they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes? (Luke 10:13; Matt. 11:21, 24)

Christs words seem to indicate that they died yet still with the potential to be able to be repentant, had they heard the gospel.

cont. below.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
4 edits

G.H. Lang continues -

... (Luke 10:13; Matt. 11:21, 24) . This makes clear that when those ancient men, though so "wicked and sinners against Jehovah exceedingly (Gen. 13.13) , were slain for their sins, they had nevertheless not reached the moral condition of being beyond repentance.

It was only that sufficient spiritual influence had not acted upon them to produce repentance. This was not their fault. Is it then beyond possibility or likelihood that such spiritual influence and opportunity have been granted since their death, or will yet be granted?

[ The Last Assize, G.H. Lang, Schoettle Publishing, pgs. 76,77 ]

The question, IMO, is quite legitimate. I don't know the answer for certain.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
2 edits

G.H. Lang continues -

It was only that sufficient spiritual influence had not acted upon them to produce repentance. This was not their fault. Is it then beyond possibility or likelihood that such spiritual influence and opportunity have been granted since their death, or will yet be granted.

It is true that we do not know this to be fact, but neither do we know the contrary so as to warrant our passing upon them sentence of eternal damnation, which in any case it is not our province to do.

Does not the possibility accord with the longing of God that "all should be saved and come to full knowledge of truth " (1 Tim. 2.4), until at least they may have rejected the truth and become irreclaimable? Since final sentence is pronounced against firm love of sin and definite suppression of truth, can justice consign to this same eternal fate any who have not reached the same extreme and deserving state?

Christians should not permit themselves to be forced to pronounce final judgment when there are unknowns left that only God has authority to judge.

Skeptics often try to force me to actually conduct the final great white throne judgment on my authority. I cannot. I can only obey the great commission to preach the gospel.

Sodom is set forth as an example of such great wickedness that condign temporal judgment was decreed, and yet, according to Christ, they were not beyond repentance. Must not this be assumed as to other sinners of ancient times seeing that sin was not so deep as to call for even such severe temporal judgment? We are not entitled to assume that one is lost for ever because he may have forfeited his life prematurely by sin, else Paul could not have said that the death by Satan of the wicked brother at Corinth would have served to the salvation of his spirit in the day of the Lord Jesus (1 Cor. 5:5)

[ The Last Assize, G.H. Lang. Schoettle Publishing, pgs 77,78 ]

S. Korea

Moves
05 Mar 19

@fmf said
It was a disastrous thread for you. Presumably, we don't "remember things differently" when it comes to how you had it deleted a couple of weeks later on the pretence that your screen name was in the thread title?
I had it deleted because it was my legal name, lol.

And it wasn't a disastrous thread.

My first posts in it were half a dozen up votes about how it was inappropriate to put my legal name in the thread title.

Moves
06 Mar 19
1 edit

@fmf said
I will continue to comment on what you say in public. You being unable or unwilling to respond is part of the dialogue.
This is why I still respond to KellyJay despite him blanking me; as you say the inability or unwillingness to respond is part of the dialogue and it is also reflective of poster’s cognitive fragility.

Moves
06 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
This is a question to everyone not just you. Outside of Jesus how many NT or the OT writers spoke about Hell? Jesus spoke about it more than anyone else in any of the books, and He didn't pull punches, there is a day coming when evil and wickedness will no longer be allowed to pollute the souls of man, all who are given over to either who are servants of sin will be dealt with, it isn't going to go well for them.
Is the content of your post here, your “opinion” or is it the “truth”?