1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 11:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    FACT: there have been all manner of supposed "revelations" of God throughout human history and throughout the world. FACT: all manner of people internalize and regurgitate the details of these supposed "revelations". FACT: virtually all of these sets of beliefs involve an "eternal life". FACT: you cannot cite a single instance of a person having "eternal life" i ...[text shortened]... of how certain you are that it has. FACT: you keep telling me that you will have "eternal life".
    It's a fact. I have eternal life. And I don't need to prove it to you.

Can you imagine a universe where there is no life? Certainly God is eternal, and it can be said unequivocally that God is life!

Therefore eternal life is real, and I have it. No doubt whatsoever.

You just don't get. Why?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 12:20
    Originally posted by josephw

Can you imagine a universe where there is no life? Certainly God is eternal, and it can be said unequivocally that God is life!

You just don't get. Why?
    Whether you got the idea from a book or dreamt it up yourself, it makes little or no difference to the credibility of the claim you make about yourself.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 14:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whether you got the idea from a book or dreamt it up yourself, it makes little or no difference to the credibility of the claim you make about yourself.
    The credibility of the claim I make about myself is as good as what God says about me. If God says I have eternal life because I believe in, and trust in what Jesus did for me on the cross, then that's good enough for me.

Your problem is the credibility of what you say. When you say there's no credibility to what I say about myself based on what God's says about me, then you have to prove that the credibility of your words are greater than God's.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 15:121 edit

You just don't get. Why?
    "But the natural man [unbeliever] does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them [the Gospel and Bible doctrine] because they are spiritually appraised [discerned from the source of the human spirit]." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

All human beings are born possessing body and soul [dichotomous]. The human spirit is acquired at the moment of spiritual birth [becoming trichotomous at regeneration having used volition to privately express faith in Christ to God the Father].
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 19:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "But the natural man [unbeliever] does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them [the Gospel and Bible doctrine] because they are spiritually appraised [discerned from the source of the human spirit]." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

All human beings are born possessing body and soul [dichotomous] ...[text shortened]... us at regeneration having used volition to privately express faith in Christ to God the Father].
    You're loading me up Bob. I still have to get back to you about that other thing.
    We have some deeper theological differences. Would be interesting to bandy a few thoughts around. Over a game? Been half a year since I played one!

My reply to FMF didn't necessarily have to do with spiritual perception as much as with his predilection for twisting and turning simple words and concepts around so that what one actually means he avoids.

FMF acts as though he doesn't know what I'm talking about, but he does. He is certainly intellectually astute enough. Bunches smarter than me, and he did learn of the faith over a 28 year period. So I know he understands the theology and doctrine.

I just hope he's enjoying himself here as much as I am. Sincerely.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 20:47
    Certainly God is eternal, and it can be said unequivocally that God is life!

You just don't get. Why?
    If there is a god.

If that god is eternal..

If that god "is life" (whatever that means.)

Then that still has no logical bearing on your life.

Why do you bandy about the word "therefore" without understanding its meaning?

So in answer to your "You just don't get. Why?"
    The reply is "Because it makes no logical sense"
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 22:25
    Your problem is the credibility of what you say. When you say there's no credibility to what I say about myself based on what God's says about me, then you have to prove that the credibility of your words are greater than God's.
    No I don't. If I ever find your claims of personal immortality credible, I will let you know. What I have pointed out to you is that you cannot cite a single instance of a person having "eternal life" in the whole of human history because you have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that it has ever happened.

And I have pointed out that you saying it's all "true" because you read it in a book is subjectivity in its purest form and can only be said to affect reality in so far as you can cite evidence that substantiates it beyond the literature that just so happens to have caught your imagination.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 22:28
    My reply to FMF didn't necessarily have to do with spiritual perception as much as with his predilection for twisting and turning simple words and concepts around so that what one actually means he avoids.
    I'll think you will find that I address you head on and focus on the words you say. That is the point of a forum like this after all.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 22:42
    You're loading me up Bob. I still have to get back to you about that other thing.
    We have some deeper theological differences. Would be interesting to bandy a few thoughts around. Over a game? Been half a year since I played one!

My reply to FMF didn't necessarily have to do with spiritual perception as much as with his predilection for twisting and turn ...[text shortened]... the theology and doctrine.

I just hope he's enjoying himself here as much as I am. Sincerely.
    Joe, the Word of God is the issue not an unbeliever's ignorance. Please summarize the "deeper theological differences". There are a few personal issues in the way of increasing my game load at this time. I'll clue you in a week from now.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 23:19
    Joe, the Word of God is the issue not an unbeliever's ignorance.
    More often than not, I find, the underlying issue is circular logic and the way that circular logic is ever present when religionists like you and josephw make your assertions.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 18:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    No I don't. If I ever find your claims of personal immortality credible, I will let you know. What I have pointed out to you is that you cannot cite a single instance of a person having "eternal life" in the whole of human history because you have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that it has ever happened.

And I have pointed out that you saying it's all "tr ...[text shortened]... hat substantiates it beyond the literature that just so happens to have caught your imagination.
    Yes you do. As long as you use the argument that my claims are not credible based on your claims that there is no evidence for the credibility of God's Word, I can also say the same.

Your objections are not credible because you cannot prove that there aren't people in heaven with God at this very moment enjoying eternal life. And you also can't prove that I don't have eternal life as a present possession, even though this physical body will surely die!

But I do have evidence in the form of God's Word. God's Word says that Jesus rose from the dead. The record is true, and the testimony of the eye witnesses is beyond doubt and cannot be refuted.

All you have as evidence is unbelief. I'm not trying to be an ass to you FMF. Just speaking my mind as honestly as I can.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 18:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    More often than not, I find, the underlying issue is circular logic and the way that circular logic is ever present when religionists like you and josephw make your assertions.
    That is bizarre.

Is it logic that informs you that God is silent?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 18:39
    Joe, the Word of God is the issue not an unbeliever's ignorance. Please summarize the "deeper theological differences". There are a few personal issues in the way of increasing my game load at this time. I'll clue you in a week from now.
    I was an unbeliever once too Bob.

The Word of God is always the issue.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Oct '14 07:35
    God's Word says that Jesus rose from the dead. The record is true, and the testimony of the eye witnesses is beyond doubt and cannot be refuted.

There is a god because Jesus said so.
    There is a Jesus because it says so in the bible.
    There is a bible because its god's word.
    There is a god because Jesus said so,
    There is a ....

Repeat 40 times, speak in tongues then put your money in the box.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '14 07:51
    That is bizarre.

Is it logic that informs you that God is silent?
    It would seem you do not know what 'circular logic' is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree