1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My dad was killed in a robbery, I don't own a gun.
    Sorry to hear that.
    :'(

You example is very courageous
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:061 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    several. and if i was in that theater, perhaps the body count would have been less.
    Dont you think your trimming the branches rather than attacking the root of this problem?

edit: I mean, by the sound of your posts I would say "Yeah, let people like voidspirit have a gun" , but do you think everyone would use it as wisely as you?

"perhaps" just dont cut it now, does it😞
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Bad neighbourhood?
    YouTube
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:18
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNBxxoVSn8
    πŸ˜•
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:20
    πŸ˜•
    YouTube
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:24
    Dont you think your trimming the branches rather than attacking the root of this problem?

edit: I mean, by the sound of your posts I would say "Yeah, let people like voidspirit have a gun" , but do you think everyone would use it as wisely as you?

"perhaps" just dont cut it now, does it😞
    i've gone through extensive training and registration process. i don't think everyone would use it as wisely as i would, that's why i carry one with me at all times (except when entering places where it is prohibited to carry one).

perhaps is worse than certain but better than nothing.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:25
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNBxxoVSn8
    work of art.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:29
    i've gone through extensive training and registration process. i don't think everyone would use it as wisely as i would, that's why i carry one with me at all times (except when entering places where it is prohibited to carry one).

perhaps is worse than certain but better than nothing.
    Yeah well, I'm not in the US so I feel somewhat unqualified to comment properly.

"Perhaps is worse than certain but better than nothing"

I dont know man....
    This issue is very disturbing and does not fit well with my vision of peace, but for now.... it may be the best thing we have.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:44
    Yeah well, I'm not in the US so I feel somewhat unqualified to comment properly.

"Perhaps is worse than certain but better than nothing"

you don't have to be in the US to be qualified to comment. we're just sharing opinions.

is it impossible to attain illegal firearms in the UK?

I dont know man....
    This issue is very disturbing and does not fit well with my vision of peace, but for now.... it may be the best thing we have.

the issue of owning firearms?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 01:56
    you don't have to be in the US to be qualified to comment. we're just sharing opinions.

is it impossible to attain illegal firearms in the UK?

I dont know man....

the issue of owning firearms?
    I'm in australia. Yeah, I could get a gun if I wanted one but it would go against my nature.
    I reckon i'm tough enough without one.

"The issue of owning firearms?"

Yes. Very disturbing.

I'm glad I dont live in the US and if I did I'd move to a peaceful state or a different country altogether. But then again running away from problems is not in my nature either.
    It's a tough problem , no doubt.

How can we lead ourselves out of a world of violence into a world of peace while carrying firearms?
    It's like the mob, they're all friendly but they never really trust each other.

Than again it may be altogether a different story again if I wasn't a lone parent. But I am, so my views reflect that.
    BTW I teach my kid all about firearms, not because I want to but because he is seriously interested in them.
    I have no problem with telling him what they are all about without obscuring the truth about them, (just in case you were wondering πŸ™‚ )
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 02:111 edit
    If everyone carried a gun this wouldn't happen either.
    This was my first thought also when I heard about this.

Perhaps this is why this didn't occur in Arizona, where a permit is not necessary to carry a concealed weapon. (BTW, this is a new law that just went into effect today, July 20, 2012.)

And amazingly enough, I'm as liberal as they come.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 02:29
    If everyone carried a gun this wouldn't happen either.
    I think everyone should carry rocket launchers. I insist on maximum public safety.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 02:291 edit
    I'm in australia. Yeah, I could get a gun if I wanted one but it would go against my nature.
    I reckon i'm tough enough without one.
    it's not a question of courage or toughness (which often cause unnecessary violence). sometimes the presence of a firearm can deter violence.

"The issue of owning firearms?"

Yes. Very disturbing.

and well it should be.

I'm glad I dont live in the US and if I did I'd move to a peaceful state or a different country altogether. But then again running away from problems is not in my nature either.
    It's a tough problem , no doubt.

it probably is. however, there is little evidence that the presence of firearms increases crimes (particularly homicides). the rate of such crimes is a social trend which involves many variables.

How can we lead ourselves out of a world of violence into a world of peace while carrying firearms?
    It's like the mob, they're all friendly but they never really trust each other.

we can't lead ourselves out of a world of violence without first changing our violent nature. we are predators and firearms aren't the only tools of the trade. there are also bombs (which anyone with a little know-how can make), knives, large sticks, large sticks with pointy things at the ends...there are many, many options.

Than again it may be altogether a different story again if I wasn't a lone parent. But I am, so my views reflect that.
    BTW I teach my kid all about firearms, not because I want to but because he is seriously interested in them.
    I have no problem with telling him what they are all about without obscuring the truth about them, (just in case you were wondering πŸ™‚ )

better to be equipped with knowledge than end up getting dead from curiosity.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 02:37
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think everyone should carry rocket launchers. I insist on maximum public safety.
    Far too much collateral damage.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 02:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Far too much collateral damage.
    An armed society is a polite society. No would-be criminal would dare open fire when his own destruction is assured. Thus, there will be no damage, collateral or otherwise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree