1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 03:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think everyone should carry rocket launchers. I insist on maximum public safety.
    I have Y-Fronts that are essentially a dirty bomb. And a rocket launcher inside. Maximum public safety and then some.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 03:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have Y-Fronts that are essentially a dirty bomb. And a rocket launcher inside. Maximum public safety and then some.
    NBC weapons are below the belt sir.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 05:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sorry. My mistake.

I meant a "no gun " policy, like in the UK and here in Oz.

To me it seems that aquiring firearms in the US is quite common place and "normal" .
    I have a problem with that .
    I read somewhere that " a well armed populace is the best defense against any possible future attacks on US soil" or something to that affect. I have a problem with that too.
    Guns don't kill people....Stupid People kill people

Manny
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    I understand this. Are you aware of the wording of your constitution?

"A well armed populace is the best defence against tyranny" , or something like that written way back in the 18th century.

What a ridiculous idea.
    Whose the biggest threat to the US being the only superpower left? Why the US themselves of course.

I bet this little debacle has went down real well with gun lobbiers (or whatever you call them). Now they have more of a reason to promote safety via purchasing a gun for self defense.
    give it a break Manny. I'm not buying any of this.
    There is way too much money spent on killing people or making instruments of death than actually helping people who are genuinly struggling.

does anyone believe that the government does anything "good" ?
    I dont , just change this and that and continue to make money for the same people that have been egging us on to kill each other for 5000 years.
    Thats my view and I'm sticking to it
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 06:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I understand this. Are you aware of the wording of your constitution?

"A well armed populace is the best defence against tyranny" , or something like that written way back in the 18th century.

What a ridiculous idea.
    Whose the biggest threat to the US being the only superpower left? Why the US themselves of course.

I bet this little debacle ha ...[text shortened]... een egging us on to kill each other for 5000 years.
    Thats my view and I'm sticking to it
    "A well armed populace is the best defence against tyranny"

I agree with this otherwise your government can potentially do what they will with you.

Manny
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 06:09

I agree with this otherwise your government can potentially do what they will with you.

Manny
    So you dont trust your government. That's wise. However I would like to point out that a bunch of well trained hick soldiers who are trained relentlessly to kill will wipe out the other drunken kicks who shoot at cans n' stuff in their spare time.

Give peace a chance.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 06:32

Manny
    Exactly what government decision are you and your gun going to overturn?

Your vote and your voice are better weapons.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 06:35

Manny
    Stupid people with guns kill people.

You think chummy would have killed and injured so many with a baseball bat?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 06:40
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    If everyone carried a gun this wouldn't happen either.
    Are there any examples of mass shootings that were shortened by a member of the public who had a gun?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 06:51
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think everyone should carry rocket launchers. I insist on maximum public safety.
    Lol, a new line in personal armoured vehicles would help public safety too.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 08:05

Gun owners citing this as their justification for being armed are surely simply reserving the right to gun down federal employees or local/state public employees at a time and for reasons of their own choosing.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 08:45
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    several. and if i was in that theater, perhaps the body count would have been less.
    Reports indicate he was wearing a bullet proof vest along with tactical armour and gloves, unless your gun can fire armour piercing bullets i doubt there's a lot you or anybody could have done.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 09:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Reports indicate he was wearing a bullet proof vest along with tactical armour and gloves, unless your gun can fire armour piercing bullets i doubt there's a lot you or anybody could have done.
    Hence the need for rocket launchers as suggested by SwissGambit. 🙂
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:27
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Why wouldn't it still happen?
    Usually people who desire to break the law by killing other people, have no problem breaking the law to obtain a gun to do it.

Crazy, huh?
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 11:071 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis

I don't think US history would bear that out too well. The invention of the Six Shooter by Samuel Colt gave thousands of people the security of purchasing a hand gun for a week's worth of wages in the American West.

The number of shooting incidents and deaths because of "self defense" I think, was significant. In some places with high strung tension in the air, ie. Doge City, the saying "Shoot first and ask questions latter" was a kind of motto.

If arguments did not escalate into gun shooting, threats of shooting were made. Kind of like "Next time ... !"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree