1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 20:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    kinda goes against the spirit of 'we should all have guns' doesnt it?
    Don't make me slap you. 😠
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:18
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    So you know the decision to drop the bomb was in anger? Ladies and gentlemen please give a big hand to The Amazing Kreskin....Kreskin!!
    It's a figure of speech, your sarcasm is misplaced. Furthermore, you used two of them, and both against non-military targets. To use one was heavy-handed, using the second was... well, it's hard to argue it was reasonable. I can't see why these actions should qualify you to decide who else should possess such a weapon.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 21:59
    WWII??

That was like a long time ago. If we cant move on from there, we might as well start building bomb shelters in our basements
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Very sad indeed . Thanks G-75.

Mind you if there were no guns then this type of thing wouldn't happen so easily.

Do you own a gun ? (anyone)
    I only own one rifle and it is not semi-automatic with clips. I am satisfied with that. But it is the people that do bad things and not the guns. They will find away to do evil, until their hearts change to love instead of hate. After all, fertilizer bombs can do a lot of damage. And those muslims blow themselves up due to their hatred of other people that they think are different from themselves. It makes their hatred more acceptable, because they claim to do it in the name of Allah the devil.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:10
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Stupid people [b]with guns kill people.

You think chummy would have killed and injured so many with a baseball bat?[/b]
    Just the same as drunks in cars kill people 😉 So do we ban cars ?

Manny
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I only own one rifle and it is not semi-automatic with clips. I am satisfied with that. But it is the people that do bad things and not the guns. They will find away to do evil, until their hearts change to love instead of hate. After all, fertilizer bombs can do a lot of damage. And those muslims blow themselves up due to their hatred of other people ...[text shortened]... makes their hatred more acceptable, because they claim to do it in the name of Allah the devil.
    True. I could suss out potential idiots, invite them over for a coffee and drop a bit of cyanide into it.
    I wouldn't put it past me.

I admit in some places you'd have to own a gun, but I was thinking more like in the country where you have to protect livestock.
    It's a messy way to take care of humans and a way that will surely get you caught.

There are also some very deep holes out on places like coober pedy. If you dropped someone down there I doubt anyone would ever find out
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Gun owners citing this as their justification for being armed are surely simply reserving the right to gun down federal employees or local/state public employees at a time and for reasons of their own choosing.
    maybe some whack jobs living in Montana but there is a proper way for Americans to have and own guns responsibly.....

Manny
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I only own one rifle and it is not semi-automatic with clips. I am satisfied with that. But it is the people that do bad things and not the guns. They will find away to do evil, until their hearts change to love instead of hate. After all, fertilizer bombs can do a lot of damage. And those muslims blow themselves up due to their hatred of other people ...[text shortened]... makes their hatred more acceptable, because they claim to do it in the name of Allah the devil.
    It's not only the muslims that have a death wish while taking out some innocents.
    Most of the mass murderers in the west wouldn't thought they were coming out of their little venture alive, would they?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:15
    Originally posted by menace71
    maybe some whack jobs living in Montana but there is a proper way for Americans to have and own guns responsibly.....

Manny
    Phase them out Manny. Your society needs a lot of rehabilitation
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:15
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If everyone carried a gun this wouldn't happen either.

I don't think US history would bear that out too well. The invention of the Six Shooter by Samuel Colt gave thousands of people the security of purchasing a hand gun for a week's worth of wages in the American West.

The number of shooting incidents and deaths because of "self de ...[text shortened]... nto gun shooting, [b]threats
    of shooting were made. Kind of like "Next time ... !"[/b]
    A lot of this wild west stuff is BS pushed by Hollywood and most of those old colt handguns were not as accurate as today's handguns. Too many movies about Tomb Stone 🙂

Manny
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:16
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    A cliche that should be abolished. Guns kill people, and people [of all intelligence levels] kill people.
    http://rangelmd.com/2012/07/mass-shootings-dont-make-good-gun-control-examples/
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:17
    Phase them out Manny. Your society needs a lot of rehabilitation
    I disagree I think responsible people should be able to own firearms

Manny
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    I disagree I think responsible people should be able to own firearms

Manny
    You sure you dont just like the power it gives you (well maybe not you, but the average uneducated joe somewhere out there in the US)?
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 22:50
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    It's a figure of speech, your sarcasm is misplaced. Furthermore, you used two of them, and both against non-military targets. To use one was heavy-handed, using the second was... well, it's hard to argue it was reasonable. I can't see why these actions should qualify you to decide who else should possess such a weapon.
    I didn't use them. I have a great deal of influence, but I wasn't born yet. Rest assured I would have dropped at least 25 bombs if the choice were mine.
    Also if it's all the same to you, or even if it isn't, I'll decide when to use sarcasm or not. Obama has such power, yet he isn't qualified to do squat, so slam me down as the deciding factor, damn eurotrash.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 23:08
    You sure you dont just like the power it gives you (well maybe not you, but the average uneducated joe somewhere out there in the US)?
    If I lived on a ranch or farm a gun would be nothing more than a tool. Used to kill vermin if needed. I don't own any firearms as of now. Well technically I own a .22 target rifle but even that is not in my possession. I think it is an American right to own firearms. I think responsible Americans should be able to own them.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree