1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 01:08
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    So you know the decision to drop the bomb was in anger? Ladies and gentlemen please give a big hand to The Amazing Kreskin....Kreskin!!
    no, it was as a warning to the soviet union.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 02:07
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    no, it was as a warning to the soviet union.
    no, at this point, the USSR was still an ally.

Truman dropped the bombs to end the war. Period. When the Japanese refused after the first one, he sent a second one. They surrendered the next day. The bombs saved tens of thousands of lives on each side by shortening the war and making an invasion unnecessary.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 02:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I only own one rifle and it is not semi-automatic with clips. I am satisfied with that. But it is the people that do bad things and not the guns. They will find away to do evil, until their hearts change to love instead of hate. After all, fertilizer bombs can do a lot of damage. And those muslims blow themselves up due to their hatred of other people ...[text shortened]... makes their hatred more acceptable, because they claim to do it in the name of Allah the devil.
    I live in the biggest Muslim country in the world where the citizens are not "armed" and deaths due to gun violence are negligible. I would probably move away from here [if possible] if gun ownership was legalized.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 02:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    I live in the biggest Muslim country in the world where the citizens are not "armed" and deaths due to gun violence are negligible. I would probably move away from here [if possible] if gun ownership was legalized.
    Thank God you won't be moving here then.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 02:53
    Thank God you won't be moving here then.
    Why?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 03:363 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Muslims usually use bombs and sometimes fly planes into buildings.

P.S. They are also fond of whacking off peoples heads.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 03:52
    Originally posted by menace71
    I disagree I think responsible people should be able to own firearms

Manny
    So what magic formula do you think we could use to decide who's respondsable and will not go off the deep end as this kid did?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 04:001 edit
    The Muslims usually use bombs and sometimes fly planes into buildings.

P.S. They are also fond of whacking off peoples heads.
    These are not instances of homicide that have any discernible effect on homicide statistics around the world, however. This makes it a rather peculiar thing for you to focus upon when evaluating the possibility that you will be a victim of homicide and your perceived need to be armed.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 04:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Truman dropped the bombs to end the war. Period. When the Japanese refused after the first one, he sent a second one. They surrendered the next day. The bombs saved tens of thousands of lives on each side by shortening the war and making an invasion unnecessary.
    that's the myth they taught you to justify a great evil. then there is the real story.

when truman dropped the bombs, the war was already over. japan was no longer capable of defending itself the US had destroyed its navy and airforce, the soviets were moving in from the north. the japanese had already expressed their desire to surrender, all they wanted was to preserve the dignity of their emperor. but due to war-time censorship, the american public were never informed of this.

the bombs could serve no conceivable purpose in ending the war. they were meant as a show of force to the USSR.

it was a war crime of the first order and truman should have been hung alongside the nazi war criminals.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v16/v16n3p-4_Weber.html
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 04:55
    http://rangelmd.com/2012/07/mass-shootings-dont-make-good-gun-control-examples/
    http://thinkforyourselfforachange.com/
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 04:571 edit

Probably three main reasons

a) to end the war with the loss of as few American lives as possible

b) to 'assist' the Russians in agreeing with the carve up of europe and let them know who was running the pacific.

c) to test the effects of this new weapon in a combat situation
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 10:31
    Don't make me slap you. 😠
    watch you dont hurt your hand on my chiseled granite jaw.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 10:45

i like to imagine what jesus would have done if he was flying the enola gay.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 11:04
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    that's the myth they taught you to justify a great evil. then there is the real story.

when truman dropped the bombs, the war was already over. japan was no longer capable of defending itself the US had destroyed its navy and airforce, the soviets were moving in from the north. the japanese had already expressed their desire to surrender, all the ...[text shortened]... e been hung alongside the nazi war criminals.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v16/v16n3p-4_Weber.html
    That is nonsense.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 11:131 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Probably three main reasons

a) to end the war with the loss of as few American lives as possible

b) to 'assist' the Russians in agreeing with the carve up of europe and let them know who was running the pacific.

c) to test the effects of this new weapon in a combat situation
    You are crazy. Americans are not like the British and the Soviet Union who want to aquire more territory to rule over. We only wanted to keep the peace. We eventually handed back control of Okinawa to Japan. The USSR was pretty much forced to release the East Germans back to the West. They did not do it willingly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree