1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 12:04
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    watch you dont hurt your hand on my chiseled granite jaw.
    Thanks for the warning. 🙂
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 13:33
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I didn't use them. I have a great deal of influence, but I wasn't born yet. Rest assured I would have dropped at least 25 bombs if the choice were mine.
    Also if it's all the same to you, or even if it isn't, I'll decide when to use sarcasm or not. Obama has such power, yet he isn't qualified to do squat, so slam me down as the deciding factor, damn eurotrash.
    Golly you sure are a prickly fella, aintcha? Guess it's just as well for us poor eurotrash that your considerable influence falls short of the Whitehouse!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 14:25
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Golly you sure are a prickly fella, aintcha?
    ChessPraxis fancies himself as bit of a comic but sadly lacks an interesting sense of humour. 😀
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 14:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are crazy. Americans are not like the British and the Soviet Union who want to aquire more territory to rule over. We only wanted to keep the peace. We eventually handed back control of Okinawa to Japan. The USSR was pretty much forced to release the East Germans back to the West. They did not do it willingly.
    Keep taking the Stars n Stripes coloured drugs mate.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 15:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are crazy. Americans are not like the British and the Soviet Union who want to aquire more territory to rule over. We only wanted to keep the peace. We eventually handed back control of Okinawa to Japan. The USSR was pretty much forced to release the East Germans back to the West. They did not do it willingly.
    yes the one thing you can say about americans is that they are not greedy for territory.....oh apart from every inch of american soil, invaded and stole from the aborigines, like little fat chubby kids with greedy sausage fingers let loose in a sweet shop that the land grab and butchering of the locals was.
    or is it only bad when other countries do it?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 17:04
    yes the one thing you can say about americans is that they are not greedy for territory.....oh apart from every inch of american soil, invaded and stole from the aborigines, like little fat chubby kids with greedy sausage fingers let loose in a sweet shop that the land grab and butchering of the locals was.
    or is it only bad when other countries do it?
    Americans stole from the Aborigines.
    Are you sure?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 17:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Are you sure?
    yes.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 17:561 edit
    yes.
    ok .. just that the aboriginal people are the first established people on the continent. Are you sure those were what is now called the native American Indians?
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 18:14
    ok .. just that the aboriginal people are the first established people on the continent. Are you sure those were what is now called the native American Indians?
    Lets split the difference and call them the indigenous people of North America, but the fact remains they are schizoid about what other Nations do when they colonise somebody else'e land, and their own pride in their frontier past.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 19:05
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Golly you sure are a prickly fella, aintcha?
    That's what she said.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 19:16
    There were multiple waves of "Indians". The first, first people were the "Indians" of Latin America - Mexicans and the like, dark and stocky - the ones that actually look like they may be from India.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 20:061 edit
    aborigine can apply to any indigenous people. native american indians are also aborigine.

either way is it really worth beings so pedantic?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 20:16
    Are you sure?
    He didnt say that. He used aborigine without the capital; meaning the first people there.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 20:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    no, at this point, the USSR was still an ally.

Truman dropped the bombs to end the war. Period. When the Japanese refused after the first one, he sent a second one. They surrendered the next day. The bombs saved tens of thousands of lives on each side by shortening the war and making an invasion unnecessary.
    What history books have you been reading?
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jul '12 21:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    There were multiple waves of "Indians". The first, first people were the "Indians" of Latin America - Mexicans and the like, dark and stocky - the ones that actually look like they may be from India.
    I thought the first indigenous people migrated from the north across the Bering straight during the ice age and were Asiatic in origin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree