Sad day in Aurora, Colorado....

Sad day in Aurora, Colorado....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Americans didn't know anything about germ warfare back in those days. Blame the small pox on God if you want; but the Americans didn't have anything to do with that. And the Americans did incorprate the Indians that were willing into there society. But like I said before, many of them were not very cooperative.
http://www.nativeweb.org/pages/legal/amherst/34_41_114_fn.jpeg

A letter from Amherst to Bouquet, dated 16 July 1763
You will do well to try to inoculate the Indians by means of blankets, as well as to try every other method that can serve to Extirpate this Execrable Race. I should be very glad your scheme for hunting them down by dogs could take effect.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jul 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
http://www.nativeweb.org/pages/legal/amherst/34_41_114_fn.jpeg

A letter from Amherst to Bouquet, dated 16 July 1763
You will do well to try to inoculate the Indians by means of blankets, as well as to try every other method that can serve to Extirpate this Execrable Race. I should be very glad your scheme for hunting them down by dogs could take effect.
Amherst and Bouquet were British, not American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Bouquet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffery_Amherst

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jul 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
are you really trying to justify the taking of american native land with 'we needed to expand' and 'we set aside some land', really???? are you mental???? 'needed' what exactly was the 'need' other than greed?

when china runs out of space and they 'need' some more land, im sure you wont mind when they expand into america, as long as they set a bit o ...[text shortened]... genous people to be killed by american settlers.

you really are a myopic edjit.
Well, it was the British that did most of what you are talking about before we fought for independence against British tyranny.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
23 Jul 12

Aborigines to us Americans are those half naked people that live in Australia.

We still have what we call Indians or Native Americans. They have land that was set aside for them to live on and they still own that land today. However, most of them are a part of our regular society today.

When we got independence from British tyranny we gradually need ...[text shortened]... ing and massacring our peace loving settlers, our government was forced to take drastic actions.
One of the reasons the elite of the colonies revolted against the British elite is because they had agreed a pact with the native americans not to allow expansion westwards past the Appalachian mountains.

Of course if they did not agree to live on reservations you slaughtered their women and children like so many vermin. As a Brit I am dripping in the blood of indigenous peoples around the world, as an American so are you. The difference is that I can admit it, whereas your view of yourselves is such a charade that you have to live in perpetual denial lest the facade collapses around you.

Moves
23 Jul 12

Well, it was the British that did most of what you are talking about before we fought for independence against British tyranny.
please, im happy to be corrected here as im no historian but didnt the british empire only stretch to the east coast of america?? i thought there were only about 14 or so states belonging to britain? we were gone by the end of the 1700's. so what happened in the 1800's? who's to blame for all the slaughter and land grabbing in the 1800's???

is their any coincidence that a nation built on greed should all end up as tubby little consumer-bots? 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jul 12

please, im happy to be corrected here as im no historian but didnt the british empire only stretch to the east coast of america?? i thought there were only about 14 or so states belonging to britain? we were gone by the end of the 1700's. so what happened in the 1800's? who's to blame for all the slaughter and land grabbing in the 1800's???

is the ...[text shortened]... coincidence that a nation built on greed should all end up as tubby little consumer-bots? 😉
You can read something about the American Revelutionary War here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

The native American Indians were not landowners at that time. They did not have a society that believed in land ownership. But they became upset because we were interferring with their hunting for food. We tried to negotiate treaties with them, but due to misunderstanding many of those treaties broke down. We still make treaties with the Indians today. You can read something about it here:

http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0700/frameset_reset.html?http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0700/stories/0701_0141.html

That might not be the best source, but it was the first thing that come up on my search on google.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by kevcvs57
One of the reasons the elite of the colonies revolted against the British elite is because they had agreed a pact with the native americans not to allow expansion westwards past the Appalachian mountains.

Of course if they did not agree to live on reservations you slaughtered their women and children like so many vermin. As a Brit I am dripping in the b ...[text shortened]... s such a charade that you have to live in perpetual denial lest the facade collapses around you.
I admit that there were many of the British, who became Americans that were not very nice people. But there were many that came over for religious freedom and to escape British tyranny.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
23 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by kevcvs57
I thought the first indigenous people migrated from the north across the Bering straight during the ice age and were Asiatic in origin.
Yep. That's why Mexicans and Mayans and such look like south Asians e.g. Indians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:*Spreading_homo_sapiens.svg
(remove *)

http://athousandyoung.blogspot.com/2010/12/history-and-prehistory-of-everything.html

They're known as "paleoamericans" in anthropology.

Every wave of people came across the Bering Strait and drove older populations south. Mexicans were driven from the American Southwest into what became the Mexican Empire when other people (possibly Apache or related) showed up and began to pick on them.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
23 Jul 12

I admit that there were many of the British, who became Americans that were not very nice people. But there were many that came over for religious freedom and to escape British tyranny.
No they went there because they were not allowed to persecute non Puritans in England. You actually have no idea who you are do you.

Moves
23 Jul 12

You can read something about the American Revelutionary War here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

The native American Indians were not landowners at that time. They did not have a society that believed in land ownership. But they became upset because we were interferring with their hunting for food. We tried to negotiate treati ...[text shortened]... at might not be the best source, but it was the first thing that come up on my search on google.
im baffled by your innocent take on the nice lovable american settlers, you make them sound like a bunch of hippies that just wanted to get on with everybody. i suppose all the slavery was just a misunderstanding and i guess you were just trying to invite the mexicans over for dinner when all the fighting broke out.
are you really, honestly saying you dont think americans in the late 1700's and most of the 1800's were not responsible for the killing and stealing of land? do you really think it was okay to take the land because the indians didnt believe in land ownership?

are you some sort of super patriot that is unable to accept your country may have and still does some pretty bad things?

Cape Town

Moves
23 Jul 12

So it goes like this:
1. British wipe out Native Americans and steal all their land.
2. 'Americans' (where did they come from again, I am getting confused here), kicked out the British and stole their land (that they stole off the Natives).

Cape Town

Moves
23 Jul 12

are you really, honestly saying......
No he's a troll, but were bored.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
23 Jul 12

Originally posted by menace71
True but that should not negate good citizens rights to own guns. Felons lose their license to drive for DUI but some of em still get in a car to drive after that. Should we take away cars so that law abiding citizens can't drive or own cars ?

Manny
no, but i actually said what i said in support of allowing citizens to keep their guns! the criminal is going to get it regardless of laws.

outlaw guns and the gun trade will flourish in the black market. the same way it has happened with the outlaw of dangerous drugs (the non-state sponsored ones).

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
23 Jul 12

the persecution of the natives lasted well into circa 1890. are you saying the british were involved up until then? that's ~114 years after the declaration of independence.

Moves
23 Jul 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
No he's a troll, but were bored.
hehe!! so true. its fun though.....most of the time.