Salvation

Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Ok .. I will respectfully decline to continue this discussion with you.
Since you are telling others to ignore the Word of Jesus I would too if I were you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by sonship
[b] I never said this : If so then how could you teach that we outgrow the need to live in faith ?. Neither have I said to 'discard' faith.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You practically are saying this and that have to be ADDED to faith. But you do not teach this in the same spirit as the New Test ...[text shortened]... y when we are so naturally confident in ourselves.

For length's sake I will continue below.[/b]
I wish you and your delusion good luck ..😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 15

I wish you and your delusion good luck ..😀
I don't need your wish of good luck. The word of God will do.

T

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Since you are telling others to ignore the Word of Jesus I would too if I were you.
Exactly where has Rajk999 told "others to ignore the Word of Jesus"? He seems to spend quite a bit of time and energy trying to get others to listen to it only to have THEM "ignore the word of Jesus".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 15

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Exactly where has Rajk999 told "others to ignore the Word of Jesus"? He seems to spend quite a bit of time and energy trying to get others to listen to it only to have THEM "ignore the word of Jesus".
He will quote scripture to you and tell you want it means, and tell you why he believes
what he does. The issue is he doesn't look at all of the scripture, he only sticks with what
he looks up and shares. Go back in this thread and look at where he disagrees, see the
scripture that was given to show him where he was wrong, does he even acknowledge it,
or ignore it?

Point blank things like all who do not believe in Jesus, Jesus said are condemned already
and he refuses to see it.

Point blank things like Jesus said you must be born again, He refuses to see it.

Point blank things like you must have the Spirit of God to belong to God, he refuses to
see it.

Typically when confronted with things like this he will bring up another scripture on
another topic and start complaining about that. He does not take scripture that does not
go along with his views seriously. I hate some of the things I read in scripture, but my
likes and dislikes are not the scale on if it is true or not.

If you ignore what Jesus says about a topic than that is what you are doing!

Moves
17 Sep 15

Ok .. I will respectfully decline to continue this discussion with you.
As someone who vociferously and adamantly preaches salvation through good works, you certify seem to fall out with people a lot over it.

T

Moves
18 Sep 15
1 edit

He will quote scripture to you and tell you want it means, and tell you why he believes
what he does. The issue is he doesn't look at all of the scripture, he only sticks with what
he looks up and shares. Go back in this thread and look at where he disagrees, see the
scripture that was given to show him where he was wrong, does he even acknowledge it,
o ...[text shortened]... is true or not.

If you ignore what Jesus says about a topic than that is what you are doing!
This is the accusation you made:
"Since you are telling others to ignore the Word of Jesus I would too if I were you."

I don't recall anything that he said that would lead me to believe that he believes in ignoring the word of Jesus - no less him telling others to do so (which your accusation states)

If you can point me to specific posts, I'll take a look. But as it stands, he's due an apology from you.

You have to keep in mind that you and he disagree on what is required for "salvation" to be granted.

In fact, this is what he recently posted on page 2 of the 'Is RJHinds a Real Christian' thread:
It is clear that there are many Christians who do not like some of the teachings of Jesus. In order to escape from these teachings they have developed an expression called the 'Administration of Grace' which effectively removes the teachings of Christ from their required beliefs and focus only on Pauls teachings that grace alone through faith as the only requirement for eternal life. Nothing else is required and these Christians claim to have eternal life immediately upon professing their faith. Hence for these Christians there is a significant difference between the teachings of Christ and that of the Apostles.

From what I've seen, this is his position in a nutshell and has been for some time. What you posted regarding being "born again", for example, shows nothing to refute his position.

w

Moves
18 Sep 15

Exactly how does good and bad matter? Can you explain?

Your comment and questions about how much etc is similar to this man :

[i]But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And aga ...[text shortened]... guing over and questioning the teachings of Christ is a sign that your heart is not with Christ.
So do you think Jesus saying that it is impossible for rich people to be good enough to enter heaven?

T

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
As someone who vociferously and adamantly preaches salvation through good works, you certify seem to fall out with people a lot over it.
What exactly is your point? Seems like your trying to imply something, but I can't think of anything that's reasonable.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Sep 15

"Since you are telling others to ignore the Word of Jesus I would too if I were you."

I don't recall anything that he said that would lead me to believe that he believes in ignoring the word of Jesus - no less him telling others to do so (which your accusation states)

If you can point me to specific posts, I'll take ...[text shortened]... What you posted regarding being "born again", for example, shows nothing to refute his position.
As I said, when Jesus says one thing he disagrees with it, and it is as plain as day whose
word is he telling everyone to believe, his or Jesus?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Sep 15

As I said, when Jesus says one thing he disagrees with it, and it is as plain as day whose
word is he telling everyone to believe, his or Jesus?
His.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 15

If you can point me to specific posts, I'll take ...[text shortened]... What you posted regarding being "born again", for example, shows nothing to refute his position.
Thanks for taking the trouble to make that point to KJ. I did not have the strength to do it myself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by whodey
So do you think Jesus saying that it is impossible for rich people to be good enough to enter heaven?
Is the word 'impossible' anywhere in there ?
NO it is not.
Then why ask such a foolish question?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 15
3 edits

Commenting on this:

It is clear that there are many Christians who do not like some of the teachings of Jesus.

I don't think anyone, unbeliever or Christian always "likes" the teaching of Jesus. This is especially try when the Holy Spirit specifically convicts someone in a certain personal area of their life.

I don't trust anyone who boasts that he always likes the teaching of Jesus. Jesus eventually touches some area of your life and demands that you deny yourself and take Him in instead.

This is not just for "bad" things or evil things. This is not just for wicked things in an obvious way. He will also demand that you deny your own goodness; your own self effort; your own natural effort to serve God.

Any one claiming that he is exceptional in that he really LIKES all the teaching of Jesus, probably doesn't have much experience in knowing Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 15

In order to escape from these teachings they have developed an expression called the 'Administration of Grace' which effectively removes the teachings of Christ from their required beliefs and focus only on Pauls teachings that grace alone through faith as the only requirement for eternal life.

Where to start ? The expression "The Administration of Grace" certainly does not remove the sense of responsibility in the case of many of us lovers of Christ.

Rajk999 runs into real trouble when he attempts to make these blanket generalizations. "Cheap Grace" was the expression used in the 70s by some teachers who pointed out that some believers are loose, irresponsible, or taking advantage of forgiveness to want to continue to live as carnal believers.

Though Arminians would like to ride this horse to uttermost, driving the point hard, there will always be some who can proclaim an administration of grace as not at all being incompatible with the same New Testament's sober teaching on kingdom living and kingdom responsibility. And blaming Paul for somehow producing with his epistles loose and carnal Christians only concerned about their "ticket" to heaven is completely unfounded.

We cannot blame the epistles of Paul for abuses of any term "administration of grace."