1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 02:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    So if good and bad don't matter, how does the option of resorting to "a blink of an eye" in the very last moments of life ~ and thus gain "salvation" ~ promote morally sound living throughout one's life? And if good and bad doesn't matter, and the objective is not to promote morally sound living throughout one's life, what is the purpose of your religion?
    No one said that good and bad don't matter, obviously they do.

However, how much good must you do to matter? And most perplexing of all, how much good must you do to make up for the bad you have done? Then again, if you commit a sin like murdering someone, how much good could you do to make up for it? Would it even be possible?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 03:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    How do they matter according to your particular set of superstitions?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 03:21
    However, how much good must you do to matter? And most perplexing of all, how much good must you do to make up for the bad you have done? Then again, if you commit a sin like murdering someone, how much good could you do to make up for it? Would it even be possible?
    If even you don't know the answers to these questions, what is the value or even purpose of the religious doctrines you seek to disseminate?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 11:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    How do they matter according to your particular set of superstitions?
    So you think that believing that we should do "good" is superstitious?

Interesting.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 11:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    If even you don't know the answers to these questions, what is the value or even purpose of the religious doctrines you seek to disseminate?
    I suppose it boils down to the basic meaning of life.

What are we here to do?

What is expected of us?

Answer these questions and it will determine, not only your fate in this life, but in the life beyond.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 11:352 edits
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 11:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rajk999 is a Christian and he's made a case that is better than yours. That's all my initial comment refers to. sonship ~ and others like him ~ present a formula for "salvation" which only involves [b]thinking certain things. Rajk999 has presented a persuasive argument that "salvation" is also possible if people are doing the things Jesus said he wants people to do.[/b]
    Doers find favour with God. Talkers and thinkers [referred to in the bible as hearers] .. well God will decide but their fate is dismal.

Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 11:581 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Salvation is it needed according to scripture and who and how is it all done?

According to scripture the fall of man began when the Serpent convinced
    the woman and man to eat of tree in the middle of the garden, the tree of
    knowledge of good and evil. Taking the serpent at his word, because
    they saw the fruit looked good and having that knowledge appe ...[text shortened]... opinion. He is our great shield and
    our great reward, to miss out on Him is our greatest ruin.
    I am thankful that there are people like you to help me get eternal life. All these years I was mistakenly following what Jesus Christ preached :

.. Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him .. if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Mat 19:16-19)

Stupid me for following Jesus Christ... what was I thinking !!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 11:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Doers find favour with God. Talkers and thinkers [referred to in the bible as hearers] .. well God will decide but their fate is dismal.

Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    Did you ever enjoy reading the entire book of Romans ? I know you are good at proof texts and selecting passages. Did you ever read the whole book ?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 12:03
    Originally posted by sonship
    Did you ever enjoy reading the entire book of [b]Romans ? I know you are good at proof texts and selecting passages. Did you ever read the whole book ?[/b]
    I have read Romans and I fully understand and appreciate what Paul wrote. There is no conflict with the teachings of Christ.

There is much that you can learn from me about Romans but you are far too arrogant to humble yourself to do that. You do not have the ability to discuss matters properly. You think that the more convoluted nonsense you write, the more you know. Good luck with that attitude.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 12:09

Exactly how does good and bad matter? Can you explain?

Your comment and questions about how much etc is similar to this man :

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (Mat 19:22-24)

Arguing over and questioning the teachings of Christ is a sign that your heart is not with Christ.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 12:262 edits
    Originally posted by Rakj999

Arguing over and questioning the teachings of Christ is a sign that your heart is not with Christ.
    Is this another way of saying "I'm write because I agree with Jesus and if you argue with you are arguing with Jesus"?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 12:271 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You fully appreciate what Paul wrote there ?

If so then how could you teach that we outgrow the need to live in faith ?

Did you notice the second to the last verse in the book, Romans 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith" ?

What is "the obedience of faith" if the Christian no longer needs faith after regeneration ?

"But has now been manifested, and through the prophetic writings, according to the command of the eternal God, has been made known to all the Gentiles for the obedience of faith."

THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH.

And you say the Christians should graduate from faith, discarding it for higher matters ?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 13:38
    So you think that believing that we should do "good" is superstitious?

Interesting.
    I think human beings can be good without the aid of superstition. I can, for example. But if you need superstition in order to be a moral person, then that's OK by me. I welcome your morally sound behaviour, however you happen to make yourself engage in it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 13:41
    I suppose it boils down to the basic meaning of life.

What are we here to do?

What is expected of us?

Answer these questions and it will determine, not only your fate in this life, but in the life beyond.
    This is a complete and utter dodge.

I'll pose the question: answer it or ignore it, don't pretend to answer it.

If even you don't know the answers to [the four questions you asked me, which were in themselves posed by you in order to dodge the point I'd made to you previously], what is the value or even purpose of the religious doctrines you seek to disseminate?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree