Salvation

Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
If even you don't know the answers to these questions, what is the value or even purpose of the religious doctrines you seek to disseminate?
He knows the answers, he's seeing if you do. Clearly, you don't.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Doers find favour with God. Talkers and thinkers [referred to in the bible as hearers] .. well God will decide but their fate is dismal.

Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Just take a moment here and tell us how you, in your infinite wisdom, can judge ANYone as a 'doer' OR a 'thinker'?

You can't. And btw, which are you? How do we know?

Hypocrisy.

F

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Is your love for your children merely a "momentary thought"? Same exact category of thought here. Perhaps you should maybe think before you type, once in a while.
No my love for my two children is not a "blink of an eye" thing or a "momentary thought". That's the whole point. Do you agree with whodey that living a good life or a bad life as a Christian is not what matters, and that it can be just what a bad person happens to think in the "blink of an eye" that can gain "salvation"? Do you agree with him?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

I am thankful that there are people like you to help me get eternal life. All these years I was mistakenly following what Jesus Christ preached :

.. Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him .. if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no m ...[text shortened]... s thyself. (Mat 19:16-19)

Stupid me for following Jesus Christ... what was I thinking !!
So all one has to do to get eternal life is to follow the Ten Commandments?

Then why did Christ (the Son of God) have to come and die on the cross?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
No my love for my two children is not a "blink of an eye" thing or a "momentary thought". That's the whole point. Do you agree with whodey that living a good life or a bad life as a Christian is not what matters, and that it can be just what a bad person happens to think in the "blink of an eye" that can gain "salvation"? Do you agree with him?
Neither is a Christian's commitment to Christ.

But, as you've told us a thousand times, maybe yours was.

That's MY "whole point".

F

Moves
18 Sep 15
1 edit

He knows the answers, he's seeing [b]if you do. Clearly, you don't.[/b]
He knows the answers? Really?

Here were his questions:

how much good must you do to matter? And most perplexing of all, how much good must you do to make up for the bad you have done? Then again, if you commit a sin like murdering someone, how much good could you do to make up for it? Would it even be possible?

What are his answers?

You say he knows the answers ~ what are they then?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
He knows the answers? Really?

Here were his questions:

[b] how much good must you do to matter? And most perplexing of all, how much good must you do to make up for the bad you have done? Then again, if you commit a sin like murdering someone, how much good could you do to make up for it? Would it even be possible?

What are his answers?

You say he knows the answers ~ what are they then?[/b]
Why don't you stuff your pride back where it belongs and ask him?

F

Moves
18 Sep 15

Neither is a Christian's commitment to Christ.
Have you even read what whodey said? It seems you have not. You're in Autopilot Lash Out Mode. Go and read what whodey said. It's on page 1. Read it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15
1 edit

I have read Romans and I fully understand and appreciate what Paul wrote. There is no conflict with the teachings of Christ.

There is much that you can learn from me about Romans but you are far too arrogant to humble yourself to do that. You do not have the ability to discuss matters properly. You think that the more convoluted nonsense you write, the more you know. Good luck with that attitude.
We can't learn anything from you, not with your attitude. The majority of Christians here DO "follow Christ", but here you are, saying they don't. How do you know this? Hint: You don't. You are giving false witness of these Christians, and that is NOT "following Christ".

Arrogance, yes, that's what I'd call your attitude. This is WHY I call you a hypocrite.

F

Moves
18 Sep 15

Why don't you stuff your pride back where it belongs and ask him?
Have you even read the exchange between whodey and me?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Have you even read the exchange between whodey and me?
Typical dodge.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Exactly how does good and bad matter? Can you explain?

Your comment and questions about how much etc is similar to this man :

[i]But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And aga ...[text shortened]... guing over and questioning the teachings of Christ is a sign that your heart is not with Christ.
He is questioning YOUR "teaching" of Christ, which is incredibly lacking.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
This is a complete and utter dodge.

I'll pose the question: answer it or ignore it, don't pretend to answer it.

If even you don't know the answers to [the four questions you asked me, which were in themselves posed by you in order to dodge the point I'd made to you previously], what is the value or even purpose of the religious doctrines you seek to disseminate?
Now this is "incoherent".

F

Moves
18 Sep 15
2 edits

Typical dodge.
Dodge? How so? It is exactly and specifically the very thing we are talking about. How can it be a "dodge"? whodey: All other religions, from what I can assess, put us on a scale. God weighs the good and the bad as we hope the good outweighs the bad. Christianity is the only religion I know not geared toward this measure. A lowly guilty theif hanging on a cross can attain salvation in the blink of an eye. It's not me who is talking about "salvation"... "in the blink of an eye", it's whodey. Isn't it you who is dodging here with your quips and retorts?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Dodge? How so? It is exactly and specifically the very thing we are talking about. How can it be a "dodge"? whodey: [b]All other religions, from what I can assess, put us on a scale. God weighs the good and the bad as we hope the good outweighs the bad.
Christianity is the only religion I know not geared toward this measure. A lowly guilty theif hanging on a c ...[text shortened]... is talking about "salvation"... "in the blink of an eye", it's whodey. Isn't you who is dodging?
No. Asking if I "even read" it is the dodge. You claim to be "insightful" and "accurate" in your posts, yet you distort everything, at every opportunity. Perhaps you've been in the trenches in the "forum wars" participating in "forum combat" for so long that you can't even have a normal discussion anymore.