1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 15:10
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Are you implying that the teachings of all religions have been corrupted by Satan? If not, which ones do you believe have not been corrupted?
    1 John 5:19 says the whole world is in his power. But the bible also gives hope with the scripture at Matt 7:13 where it shows that some can find the way from his influance.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 17:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    He is all about killing, stealing, and destroying that which he can.
    He knows religion is powerful force to do all of the above and he uses
    them to their fullest.
    Kelly
    I understand that your god will not allow evil in his presence or so it is written. Then you read the book of Job where your god tortures a human to prove to Satan that he will not abandon him. Your god and satan even have a conversation so logic follows that Satan is not evil. I think they are a team.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 17:18
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I understand that your god will not allow evil in his presence or so it is written. Then you read the book of Job where your god tortures a human to prove to Satan that he will not abandon him. Your god and satan even have a conversation so logic follows that Satan is not evil. I think they are a team.
    Your reading the scriptures wrong there. God did not test Job but allowed him to be tested.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 19:34
    Originally posted by galveston75
    1 John 5:19 says the whole world is in his power. But the bible also gives hope with the scripture at Matt 7:13 where it shows that some can find the way from his influance.
    This does not at all address the questions of my post. Did you inadvertently reply to the wrong one?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 19:49
    This does not at all address the questions of my post. Did you inadvertently reply to the wrong one?
    No I didn't answer the wrong one. I do believe the Witnesses have got a very good understanding of the Bible and we have dismissed and obstain from any teachings that have any pagan origins in them. We obey the laws and principles in the Bible. If a religion insist on having and keeping anything that has a Satanic belief in it then they will have to answer to God over that.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 19:56
    No I didn't answer the wrong one. I do believe the Witnesses have got a very good understanding of the Bible and we have dismissed and obstain from any teachings that have any pagan origins in them. We obey the laws and principles in the Bible. If a religion insist on having and keeping anything that has a Satanic belief in it then they will have to answer to God over that.
    Okay. I'll rephrase my question for you then:

Is it your position that any religion without the exact same teachings as the Witnesses has been influenced by Satan?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 20:321 edit
    Okay. I'll rephrase my question for you then:

Is it your position that any religion without the exact same teachings as the Witnesses has been influenced by Satan?
    As I answered before. If a religion has any teachings that originate with a pagan origins then it cannot be accepted by God. The Bible is very clear on that. Not my words but God's in the Bible.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 20:35
    As I answered before. If a religion has any teachings that originate with a pagan origins then it cannot be accepted by God. The Bible is very clear on that. Not my words but God's in the Bible.
    A small point here, but one that i feel is worthy.

Did God write the Bible? No. So how can the Bible be Gods word?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 20:411 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A small point here, but one that i feel is worthy.

Did God write the Bible? No. So how can the Bible be Gods word?
    Geezzz. You obviously don't believe in God so why waste my time answering as I've know you've been stuck on this as long as I've seen your postings.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 20:47
    Geezzz. You obviously don't believe in God so why waste my time answering as I've know you've been stuck on this as long as I've seen your postings.
    Here's the deal. I'll stop asking awkward questions when you can write a sentence that makes sense.

I'll ask again. How can the Bible be Gods word if the Bible isn't written by him? It's surely a basic concept of Christianity, is it not?!
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 20:491 edit
    Here's the deal. I'll stop asking awkward questions when you can write a sentence that makes sense.

I'll ask again. How can the Bible be Gods word if the Bible isn't written by him? It's surely a basic concept of Christianity, is it not?!
    Boogatee, boogatee boogatee...Lol. Sorry but you asked for that. I know you don't know what that means and that makes it even funnier!!!
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 20:56
    Boogatee, boogatee boogatee...Lol. Sorry but you asked for that. I know you don't know what that means and that makes it even funnier!!!
    My mistake. I thought i might be able to have an adult discussion, but no, silly me.

Is this tactic of resorting to childish jokes when confronted by a tricky question part of JW doctrine? I notice Robbie does it a lot, and you seem to also.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 20:58
    My mistake. I thought i might be able to have an adult discussion, but no, silly me.

Is this tactic of resorting to childish jokes when confronted by a tricky question part of JW doctrine? I notice Robbie does it a lot, and you seem to also.
    Sorry for having a personality....Try it sometime. But as I said I'm not waisting my time on you...
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 21:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 21:05
    Sorry for having a personality....Try it sometime. But as I said I'm not waisting my time on you...
    What a Christian you are then. The love of Jesus Christ surely runs through your veins. All the best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree