Satan?

Satan?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 09

Any thoughts on what Satan's influance has to do, if any, with the hundreds of religions in the world today?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Any thoughts on what Satan's influance has to do, if any, with the hundreds of religions in the world today?
My understanding that it is about division and separation...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
My understanding that it is about division and separation...
Good answer....

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
27 Aug 09

I would recommend reading "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis, they are letters form a greater demon to a lesser demon (his protege) and instructs him how to cloud the minds of Christians etc.... very cool book

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 09

Some names or terms the Bible uses for him: Devil, resister, manslayer, serpent, dragon, deciever, tempter, liar and father of the lie, slanderer, ruler of the demons, Beelzebub, wicked one, a roaring lion, for a few.
Some may come up with more....

TL

Moves
27 Aug 09

I think you are right about seperation and division. Some people want to be top dog or they think they have special insight. Satan is not needed.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
I think you are right about seperation and division. Some people want to be top dog or they think they have special insight. Satan is not needed.
But with all these names and descriptions and knowing these describe Satan and his personality and what he's capable of doing, what could he have done over the centuries with humans ideas of their worship to God?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by duecer
I would recommend reading "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis, they are letters form a greater demon to a lesser demon (his protege) and instructs him how to cloud the minds of Christians etc.... very cool book
It's been a while but I've read Screwtape letters. Also Mere Christianity is another good one. i

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Aug 09

Lucifer I think means bearer of light. I think he is also called an angel of light by the apostle Paul. The devil does not come with with pitch fork & horns on his head as some think. He comes to enchant also to try to usurp or replace God's plan with something counterfeit. Looks real but something is not right. Satan means Adversary I believe from the Hebrew. Someone might correct me.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
Lucifer I think means bearer of light. I think he is also called an angel of light by the apostle Paul. The devil does not come with with pitch fork & horns on his head as some think. He comes to enchant also to try to usurp or replace God's plan with something counterfeit. Looks real but something is not right. Satan means Adversary I believe from the Hebrew. Someone might correct me.

Manny
Yes the scripture speaks of satan transforming himself into an angel of light. A trick he uses against humans...

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Aug 09
1 edit

Also Satan always uses scriptures or questions what did God really say?
Example Genesis. Also when he quotes scripture to Christ during his 40 days in the desert however Satan omits an important part of the scripture.
Once again counterfeit or causes us to question God.

Manny

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Aug 09

He is all about killing, stealing, and destroying that which he can.
He knows religion is powerful force to do all of the above and he uses
them to their fullest.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
He may not be needed, but he sure helps the process along.
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
He may not be needed, but he sure helps the process along.
Kelly
Is it possible that Satan has influanced religions and what they teach?

T

Moves
27 Aug 09

Is it possible that Satan has influanced religions and what they teach?
In what ways do you believe that Satan has influenced the JWs and what they teach?