Satan?

Satan?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Is this"inherited imperfection from Adam" is not due to the influence of
Satan? You agreed that "everyone who follows a religion other than JW is...influenced by Satan." If they had not "inherited imperfection from Adam" they would not have sin and without sin they would be "able to see the truth in the only non-Satan-influenced religion" since they wou ...[text shortened]... see "truth" just as Satan wants non-Witnesses to believe they see "truth"?
Jehovah's spirit lets us know it's the truth... Play with words all you want but it's as simple as that.

T

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Jehovah's spirit lets us know it's the truth... Play with words all you want but it's as simple as that.
Play with words all you want but it's as simple as that
It's not about "playing with words". It's about reason and what is truth and not truth. If you have truth as you claim, you'd demonstrate that truth instead of trying to skirt difficult questions which seems to be your preferred method of discussion. If you had truth, you not only wouldn't be afraid to place it under scrutiny, you'd welcome the opportunity. Truth welcomes the light, because it is light. You seem to prefer to hide in darkness when the light is shone.

Jehovah's spirit lets us know it's the truth

Do not most if not all of the non-JW religions make a similar claim?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Aug 09

[b]Play with words all you want but it's as simple as that
It's not about "playing with words". It's about reason and what is truth and not truth. If you have truth as you claim, you'd demonstrate that truth instead of trying to skirt difficult questions which seems to be your preferred method of discussion. If you had truth, you not only wouldn't be ...[text shortened]... the truth[/b]

Do not most if not all of the non-JW religions make a similar claim?[/b]
I'm not skirting any questions. If they make sence I'll answer them but so far your questions have been a silly play with words on your part. Ask a serious question and I'll do my best to answer but you have shown your trying nothing more then to insult. .

Cape Town

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
I agree neither all by themselves are bad; however, being joined
together is good if done right, and being united in a bad thing is going
to be bad, it is the foundation or reasons for the unity or division that
needs to be looked at.
Kelly
So would you agree that it is entirely possible that God is causing division?
For example, the religion of Islam from your point of view is probably a bad thing, so is it conceivable that God would be causing division in Islam? Could we extend the same argument to all Christian denominations other than your own?

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

[b]Play with words all you want but it's as simple as that
It's not about "playing with words". It's about reason and what is truth and not truth. If you have truth as you claim, you'd demonstrate that truth instead of trying to skirt difficult questions which seems to be your preferred method of discussion. If you had truth, you not only wouldn't be ...[text shortened]... the truth[/b]

Do not most if not all of the non-JW religions make a similar claim?[/b]
the essential difference between Jehovahs witnesses and all other religions that i can think of, is that they do not profess the immortality of the human soul. Every other religion, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, Nominal Christianity, professes that there is a part of us that survives death and goes some place else. That this is Satanic is clearly seen from the account in the book of Genesis which I reproduce here for your evaluation,

(Genesis 2:16-17) 16 And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.

(Genesis 3:4-5) . . .At this the serpent said to the woman: “you positively will not die.  For God knows that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God, knowing good and bad.”

thus it can be clearly discerned that there are two diametrically opposite views, the first in which God says that death is the result of sin, the latter which is Satanic and states that this is not the case. thus are we not correct to state that those religions which state that 'you will not die', but that you will transcend death and go some place else, are Satanically influenced based on this well known and clearly defined Biblical account, i think so!

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

I'm not skirting any questions. If they make sence I'll answer them but so far your questions have been a silly play with words on your part. Ask a serious question and I'll do my best to answer but you have shown your trying nothing more then to insult. .
why don't you ask him if he is a sinner, if you really want to see someone not only skirt around the issue but dance!

T

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

The fact is that if you had truth to share on this matter you'd do it. Why don't you take your cue from Jesus? He answered questions with poignant truths rather than skirting them by saying that the questions didn't make sense, were silly, not serious, etc. If Jehovah's spirit reveals the truth to you as you claim, you'd do the same.

The following questions still stand:
Is this"inherited imperfection from Adam" not due to the influence of
Satan? You agreed that "everyone who follows a religion other than JW is...influenced by Satan." If they had not "inherited imperfection from Adam" they would not have sin and without sin they would be "able to see the truth in the only non-Satan-influenced religion" since they would be one with God. They would be able to see the truth. If Witnesses have the same ""inherited imperfection from Adam", would they not also have the same problems with seeing the truth?

What would preclude the "truth" that Witnesses see in the only "non-Satan-influenced" religion from being due to the influence of Satan? What would preclude this from being another "blind leading the blind" scenario? Wouldn't Satan want them to believe they see "truth" just as Satan wants non-Witnesses to believe they see "truth"?

T

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the essential difference between Jehovahs witnesses and all other religions that i can think of, is that they do not profess the immortality of the human soul. Every other religion, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, Nominal Christianity, professes that there is a part of us that survives death and goes some place else. That this is Satanic is clea anically influenced based on this well known and clearly defined Biblical account, i think so!
Care to explain how this is relevant to my posts? You seem to be really off topic. Perhaps you've taken something out of context.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Care to explain how this is relevant to my posts? You seem to be really off topic. Perhaps you've taken something out of context.
question : do you think that other religions have been influenced by Satan
answer : given in the above text.

result: panic over!

T

Moves
28 Aug 09

question : do you think that other religions have been influenced by Satan
answer : given in the above text.

result: panic over!
Read my posts. You seem not to understand the context.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Read my posts. You seem not to understand the context.
it seems to me that you have forgotten your very own words, only recently uttered, let me refresh your memory.

"Is it your position that any religion without the exact same teachings as the Witnesses has been influenced by Satan?"

The important part that I'm trying to understand is if you believe that the all religions other than JW have been influenced by Satan

it seems to me that the post that i gave comprehensively answers that question, with references and an example. now if your motive is really to understand why this should be the case, then it is there in black and white, for you to read and comprehend. why this should be difficult, i do not know?

T

Moves
28 Aug 09

it seems to me that you have forgotten your very own words, only recently uttered, let me refresh your memory.

"Is it your position that any religion without the exact same teachings as the Witnesses has been influenced by Satan?"

The important part that I'm trying to understand is if you believe that the all religions other than JW have been i ...[text shortened]... lack and white, for you to read and comprehend. why this should be difficult, i do not know?
Well for one, that question was asked of and finally answered by galveston75 quite a few posts back. For another, the post that you did a "reply & quote" on was pretty far removed from that question.

Like I said, "out of context".

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Well for one, that question was asked of and finally answered by galveston75 quite a few posts back. For another, the post that you did a "reply & quote" on was pretty far removed from that question.

Like I said, "out of context".
ahhh yes, but i do not think my brother gave the details that would aid you in your understanding. it was not far removed, but succinctly states why he could have made the assertion. i see that you have accepted it and offer no resistance! panic over!

Cape Town

Moves
28 Aug 09

That this is Satanic is clearly seen from the account in the book of Genesis ...
Do you consider all incorrect beliefs to be Satanic? Or are there some specific aspects or degree of incorrectness before you declare them Satanic?
And what do you mean by 'Satanic'? Do you believe that those who believe it have been deceived by Satan, or are they knowingly or unknowingly supporting Satan?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
28 Aug 09

ahhh yes, but i do not think my brother gave the details that would aid you in your understanding. it was not far removed, but succinctly states why he could have made the assertion. i see that you have accepted it and offer no resistance! panic over!
If it could be proven that the WTS teachings are incorrect, would you denounce them as Satanic?