Satan?

Satan?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
So would you agree that it is entirely possible that God is causing division?
For example, the religion of Islam from your point of view is probably a bad thing, so is it conceivable that God would be causing division in Islam? Could we extend the same argument to all Christian denominations other than your own?
Yes, without a doubt God did in my mind and may still do for the same
reasons as before. If many are going down a path of destruction He'd
keep as many as possible from joining that group I'd say is a worth
while goal.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 09

So would you agree that it is entirely possible that God is causing division?
For example, the religion of Islam from your point of view is probably a bad thing, so is it conceivable that God would be causing division in Islam? Could we extend the same argument to all Christian denominations other than your own?
I still reject you and others attempting to say my denomination is
any different than any other just because I belong to it. Satan attacks
all and no matter what denomination your in, you are fair game, the
only thing that does matter is our relationship with God in Christ, other
than that I try not to worry about anything man made.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
I still reject you and others attempting to say my denomination is
any different than any other just because I belong to it. Satan attacks
all and no matter what denomination your in, you are fair game, the
only thing that does matter is our relationship with God in Christ, other
than that I try not to worry about anything man made.
Kelly
I was not talking about Satan attacking denominations but rather God choosing to cause divisions in them. You suggested that he might choose to do so when the foundation is not good. Are you suggesting that your denominations foundations are not good, or are you merely saying that it is a possibility?
Are you also saying that you did not really choose your denomination based on its teachings but for other reasons? I would agree that that is entirely reasonable. However you must presumably believe that some Christian denominations are way off the mark, would you not?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
28 Aug 09

. However you must presumably believe that some Christian denominations are way off the mark, would you not?
which ones would those be?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 09

I was not talking about Satan attacking denominations but rather God choosing to cause divisions in them. You suggested that he might choose to do so when the foundation is not good. Are you suggesting that your denominations foundations are not good, or are you merely saying that it is a possibility?
Are you also saying that you did not really choose yo ...[text shortened]... u must presumably believe that some Christian denominations are way off the mark, would you not?
I'm saying that people are flawed, even within Jesus' circle of 12 you
had someone who turned out to be more concern about things other
than God. You spend time looking at the man made you can neglect
the God of the universe which is the only thing important when it comes
to religion, do you know God? I don't preach denominations, I also
stay away from those that do, because they are not God centered!

You can find God fearing people in many denominations and within
those very same denominations you'll find people that are there for
other reasons altogether, it isn't about denominations! The only thing
important is your relationship with God through Christ, once that is
right all the other stuff will work itself out.

If you are asking me if the thing that makes one denomination
something different than another can be that they may be more right
about this, that, or the other thing my answer is yes that is possible.
At the same time you may find people in both that know God well,
some groups deny very important things about God or reject God at
many levels, or try to turn God into something more human than the
divine, errors like that can keep you from God.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 09

Are you also saying that you did not really choose yo ...[text shortened]... u must presumably believe that some Christian denominations are way off the mark, would you not?
We use to attend an Assembly of God for years, I love the people in
the church we belonged to, they where there for us when we married,
when we lost our first child and so on. We tried to join one in
California, but didn't like it, we ended up in a Vinyard. Point being we
are where we believe we should be, it wasn't based upon we had to
stick with a certain denomination, we wanted to go to a place we felt
we should be in and we found one. I have never been in a place where
I agreed with all its teachings, if I wanted a place like that I'd have
to create my own denomination which is not the goal.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
I don't preach denominations, I also stay away from those that do, because they are not God centered!
So you do believe that there are some denominations that are 'different'. The ones you 'stay away from' because they are not God centred. Yet you were not happy with me making that assumption.
But I do think I get what you are saying and I think your attitude is better than that of people who say "my denomination is the only 'true' Christianity'".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

So you do believe that there are some denominations that are 'different'. The ones you 'stay away from' because they are not God centred. Yet you were not happy with me making that assumption.
But I do think I get what you are saying and I think your attitude is better than that of people who say "my denomination is the only 'true' Christianity'".
I believe within each denomination you can have good and bad, I did
not want you thinking because a church is part of my denomination it
automatically means I like it or think it is good.
Kelly

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Do you consider all incorrect beliefs to be Satanic? Or are there some specific aspects or degree of incorrectness before you declare them Satanic?
And what do you mean by 'Satanic'? Do you believe that those who believe it have been deceived by Satan, or are they knowingly or unknowingly supporting Satan?
i have given one specific belief, which in a biblical context is directly traceable to a satanic agent, why do you not comment on that before proceeding to speculate on others, for it appears to me to be self evident.

however the question is a good one, do i consider all incorrect beliefs to be satanic. for us to fully develop and understand this, it would be necessary as you say, to define what is satanic, look at its defining characteristics, and only then, shall we be able to make a proper evaluation. this should not be too difficult for the bible clearly defines what is satanic, and what is not.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by duecer
If it could be proven that the WTS teachings are incorrect, would you denounce them as Satanic?
i denounce slander as being satanic, please read the following.

Devil,

this descriptive name was given to Satan because he is the chief and foremost slanderer and false accuser of Jehovah, his good word, and his holy name. The Greek dibolos means “slanderer.” (Compare Lu 16:1, where the related verb diaballo occurs.)

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i denounce slander as being satanic, please read the following.

Devil,

this descriptive name was given to Satan because he is the chief and foremost slanderer and false accuser of Jehovah, his good word, and his holy name. The Greek dibolos means “slanderer.” (Compare Lu 16:1, where the related verb diaballo occurs.)
answer the question, if the WTS is proven incorrect, or false, would you denounce them? that requires a yes or no answer, not obfuscation and avoidance.

edit: it is not slander if its true.

Moves
28 Aug 09

Satan hardly needs to lift a finger with all the fine help he's receiving from the posters on this thread. When will any of you take responsibility for your own thoughts, feelings, and actions. Roll back the clock half a millennium and you'd all be arming for a holy war. Silly people.

"Man is the measure of all things, of all things that are, that they are, of all things that are not, that they are not." - Protagoras

You want peace? Make peace with each other.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Satan hardly needs to lift a finger with all the fine help he's receiving from the posters on this thread. When will any of you take responsibility for your own thoughts, feelings, and actions. Roll back the clock half a millennium and you'd all be arming for a holy war. Silly people.

"Man is the measure of all things, of all things that are, that the ...[text shortened]... hat are not, that they are not." - Protagoras

You want peace? Make peace with each other.
hey terrierJack, i gave you my life story, your meant to be psychoanalysing me!

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by duecer
answer the question, if the WTS is proven incorrect, or false, would you denounce them? that requires a yes or no answer, not obfuscation and avoidance.

edit: it is not slander if its true.
it is not as simple as a yes and a no answer, for your continuing education, the world is not black and white. shall we denounce the apostles of Christ because at one time they also held erroneous beliefs, even while being in the presence of the Christ? No, then why not? let me answer that rhetorical question. because spirituality is a progressive entity, would you like me to show you in the Bible where this is written?

(1 Corinthians 13:9-13) . . .For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially;  but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with.  When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a babe.  For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known.  Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

you cannot Deucer, say anything about the good work of Jehovahs witnesses, in that they are 'doing', the will of the father, thus you must resort to the only avenue left open to you, exposing past errors and mistakes, you have really went down in my estimation, in this regard, for it is cowardly and pathetic. which denomination of Christendom are you, shall we examine their actions, how many persons they are responsable for shedding the blood of? shall we?

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Any thoughts on what Satan's influance has to do, if any, with the hundreds of religions in the world today?
On the religions themselves - no much. On the persons within a given religion? Much more. It's too bad, because when one gives too much creedence to an non-entity like Satan, then they pass the buck on understanding and dealing with the evil that is present in themselves. For me Satan is representative of the mystery of evil. To make him an entity presents theological problems, and most of what is thought about of Satan in Christian religions is outside of scriptural text; however, for the fervent believers in the idea of Satan, they treat these ideas as scripture. Not the way to go.