1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 15:56
    Originally posted by Badwater
    On the religions themselves - no much. On the persons within a given religion? Much more. It's too bad, because when one gives too much creedence to an non-entity like Satan, then they pass the buck on understanding and dealing with the evil that is present in themselves. For me Satan is representative of the mystery of evil. To make him an entity presents ...[text shortened]... fervent believers in the idea of Satan, they treat these ideas as scripture. Not the way to go.
    For me Satan is representative of the mystery of evil.

Do you really view "evil" as mysterious? How so?
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it is not as simple as a yes and a no answer, for your continuing education, the world is not black and white. shall we denounce the apostles of Christ because at one time they also held erroneous beliefs, even while being in the presence of the Christ? No, then why not? let me answer that rhetorical question. because spirituality is a progressiv ine their actions, how many persons they are responsable for shedding the blood of? shall we?
    my denomination has a decidedly anti-war stance. Jesus was a pacifist.

so you you admit there have been errors in the WTS past? good, that's a start.

edit: what other works besides knocking on doors do the JW's lay claim to? If you are not following Christs directive to feed the poor, comfort the sick, bring hope to prisoners and their families, care for the elderly, then you are denying Christ.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    my denomination has a decidedly anti-war stance. Jesus was a pacifist.

so you you admit there have been errors in the WTS past? good, that's a start.

edit: what other works besides knocking on doors do the JW's lay claim to? If you are not following Christs directive to feed the poor, comfort the sick, bring hope to prisoners and their families, care for the elderly, then you are denying Christ.
    care to name your denomination Deucer that we may examine its example of past conduct.

of course there are errors, what do you think we are, infallible like the Pope? goodness sake man, get a grip!
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 18:58
    care to name your denomination Deucer that we may examine its example of past conduct.

of course there are errors, what do you think we are, infallible like the Pope? goodness sake man, get a grip!
    methodism
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 19:00
    methodism
    which sub denomination of Methodist?
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 19:06
    which sub denomination of Methodist?
    the one and only united methodist
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 20:21
    the one and only united methodist
    hah,hah it is to laugh! if i ask a Scottish Methodist, do you profess the same articles of faith as an African Methodist, or an American Methodist, what is likely to be the answer?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 20:56
    hah,hah it is to laugh! if i ask a Scottish Methodist, do you profess the same articles of faith as an African Methodist, or an American Methodist, what is likely to be the answer?
    No Robbie. He meant Un-united Methodist.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 21:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No Robbie. He meant Un-united Methodist.
    it may have even been Manchester united!
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 21:12
    likely to be ....drum roll please.....yes
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 02:17
    Any thoughts on what Satan's influance has to do, if any, with the hundreds of religions in the world today?
    Well needless to say this question proved the confusion that satan is able to cause in the religious community. Not only the obvious confusion but even feelings of animosity between many. Score...Satan 1.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 02:39
    Well needless to say this question proved the confusion that satan is able to cause in the religious community. Not only the obvious confusion but even feelings of animosity between many. Score...Satan 1.
    Oh- you know I was just wating for that. As soon as this post went somewhere you didn't like, blame Satan.

C'mon christians! Snap out of it! We're all here to create the world and we are the only ones who can carry on Satans legacy- whatever that is.

So lets put in our own creations. The arts and music and literature and all that. Chess stategies, favourite numbers and colours.
    That which is origonal can never be taken away and twisted against you...as long as you keep regurgitating old , worn - out doctrines, there is always going to be room for error.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 02:42
    Any thoughts on what Satan's influance has to do, if any, with the hundreds of religions in the world today?
    If Satan and a bunch of demons were sent to earth, isn't that like sentencing a pedophile to live with your own kids?
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 03:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Oh- you know I was just wating for that. As soon as this post went somewhere you didn't like, blame Satan.

C'mon christians! Snap out of it! We're all here to create the world and we are the only ones who can carry on Satans legacy- whatever that is.

So lets put in our own creations. The arts and music and literature and all that. Chess stategies ...[text shortened]... ou keep regurgitating old , worn - out doctrines, there is always going to be room for error.
    Who has room for responsibility when someone or something else is always to blame? Apparently the "The Butter Battle Book" is free of Satan's influence while "The Bible" is nothing but a handbook for demons - who knew?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 11:032 edits
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Who has room for responsibility when someone or something else is always to blame? Apparently the "The Butter Battle Book" is free of Satan's influence while "The Bible" is nothing but a handbook for demons - who knew?
    What kind of "faith" is that? You just say you believe in Jesus and goto church on Sunday and say "Amen" and "hallelujah" and all is well and you can go on sinning...
    Just a nice way to get around responsibility , I agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree