1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 16:24
    HERE ARE A FEW SIGNS OF THE LAST DAYS

Jesus said the signs would be like "birth pangs" (Matthew 24:8).

1. "...and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:11)

2. "Realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God..." (2 Timothy 3:1-4) People are calling evil good and good evil (Isaiah 5:20).

3. "The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:3-4) There will be preaching of the Gospel worldwide (Matthew 24:14).

4. Israel is revealed as being re-established (Ezekiel 37:21-22) and surrounded by hostile Arab neighbors intent on its destruction (Ezekiel 35:1 - 36:7) The Bible pictures a great power, Gog and Magog, from the north. This power will menace Israel in the end times and will ultimately lead an invasion of Israel together with specified allies, all of which are modern day Muslim states (Ezekiel 38:1 - 39:16). The nations of the world are prophesied to come together against Israel in the end times over the issue of the control of Jerusalem (Zech. 12:2-3) — a prophecy being fulfilled today.

5. "Men will faint from fear over the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken." (Luke 21:26)

6. "It shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people who are left, from Assyria and Egypt, from Pathros and Cush, from Elam and Shinar, from Hamath and the islands of the sea. He will set up a banner for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:11–12)

The second key prophecy is the re-establishment of their state which occurred on May 14, 1948 (Isaiah 66:7-8).

The third key prophecy is the re-occupation of Jerusalem which occurred on June 7, 1967 during the miraculous Six Day War (Zechariah 8:4-8).

The fourth key prophecy is the one whose fulfillment we are witnessing today — the re-focusing of world politics upon the nation of Israel. (Zechariah 12:2-3).

"Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."

1. "...and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:11)

2. "Realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God..." (2 Timothy 3:1-4) People are calling evil good and good evil (Isaiah 5:20).

3. "The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
    Preaching of the Gospel worldwide (Matthew 24:14).

4. Israel is pictured as being re-established (Ezekiel 37:21-22) and surrounded by hostile Arab neighbors intent on its destruction (Ezekiel 35:1 - 36:7) The Bible pictures a great power located in the land of Magog in the "remote parts of the north." This nation will menace Israel in the end times and will ultimately lead an invasion of Israel together with specified allies, all of which are modern day Muslim states (Ezekiel 38:1 - 39:16).

5. "Men will faint from fear over the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken." (Luke 21:26)

6. "It shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people who are left, from Assyria and Egypt, from Pathros and Cush, from Elam and Shinar, from Hamath and the islands of the sea. He will set up a banner for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:11–12)

The second key prophecy is the re-establishment of their state which occurred on May 14, 1948 (Isaiah 66:7-8).

The third key prophecy is the re-occupation of Jerusalem which occurred on June 7, 1967 during the miraculous Six Day War (Zechariah 8:4-8).

The fourth key prophecy is the one whose fulfillment we are witnessing today — the re-focusing of world politics upon the nation of Israel. (Zechariah 12:2-3).

"Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."

3. "The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

4. Israel is pictured as being re-established (Ezekiel 37:21-22) and surrounded by hostile Arab neighbors intent on its destruction (Ezekiel 35:1 - 36:7) The Bible pictures a great power located in the land of Magog in the "remote parts of the north." This nation will menace Israel in the end times and will ultimately lead an invasion of Israel together with specified allies, all of which are modern day Muslim states (Ezekiel 38:1 - 39:16). The nations of the world are prophesied to come together against Israel in the end times over the issue of the control of Jerusalem (Zech. 12:2-3) — a prophecy being fulfilled today.

4. Israel is pictured as being re-established (Ezekiel 37:21-22) and surrounded by hostile Arab neighbor...
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 16:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]HERE ARE A FEW SIGNS OF THE LAST DAYS

2. "Realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be l ...[text shortened]... s pictured as being re-established (Ezekiel 37:21-22) and surrounded by hostile Arab neighbor...[/b]
    1. There have been earthquakes, famines and plagues for centuries.

2. Arrogant, boastfu, lovers of self, etc., have existed for millennia.

3. That existed duribg biblical times, which is why the bible says God punished Israel so , many times in the OT.

4. Israel was "reestablished" in 1948, eight decades ago.

5. This also has been happening for at least 8 decades.

all this has been happening for a very long time. Still no end of the world.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 17:30
    Originally posted by vivify
    1. There have been earthquakes, famines and plagues for centuries.

2. Arrogant, boastfu, lovers of self, etc., have existed for millennia.

3. That existed duribg biblical times, which is why the bible says God punished Israel so , many times in the OT.

4. Israel was "reestablished" in 1948, eight decades ago.

5. This also has been happening for ...[text shortened]... east 8 decades.

all this has been happening for a very long time. Still no end of the world.
    I don't know what happened to my post. I tried to edit it, but it got all messed up. Anyway, It appears that you don't believe there are any signs of the last days. Is that right?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 17:341 edit
    I don't know what happened to my post. I tried to edit it, but it got all messed up. Anyway, It appears that you don't believe there are any signs of the last days. Is that right?
    How did you guess? OF COURSE there are no end days, unless we bring it all on ourselves, like totally messing up the climate where 7 billion people starve or some such.

All that worry mongering is just that, paranoid talk from those who would continue to control knowing full good and well nothing like that will be happening.

So what source did you cut and paste from?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 17:40
    I think what he said was the signs could apply to just about any time. I know that religious people have been claiming the signs indicate their particular point in time, for the last 2000 years.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 17:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    How did you guess? OF COURSE there are no end days, unless we bring it all on ourselves, like totally messing up the climate where 7 billion people starve or some such.

All that worry mongering is just that, paranoid talk from those who would continue to control knowing full good and well nothing like that will be happening.

So what source did you cut and paste from?
    I believe you are using the humanist point of view.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think what he said was the signs could apply to just about any time. I know that religious people have been claiming the signs indicate their particular point in time, for the last 2000 years.
    That may be true, however the modern idea is that the signs are all coming together like birth pangs, as Jesus said. Certain prophecies like the gathering of Jews from the nations of the world and them becoming a nation in a day and others concerning Judah (Jews) and Jerusalem as a burden to those around them, etc. seem very specific to our time. It is possible that that is just coincidence, but maybe it is not. That seems suspicious to me, and I haven't come to the conclusion that it is coincidence at this time.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 18:44
    That may be true, however the modern idea is that the signs are all coming together like birth pangs, as Jesus said.
    Thats what they all say - for the last 2000 years, and no doubt, the next 2000. Unless you have something concrete to make yourself stand out from the crowd, then you just look like the rest of the crazies.
    So, how about you tell us where the plagues are happening?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 21:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Thats what they all say - for the last 2000 years, and no doubt, the next 2000. Unless you have something concrete to make yourself stand out from the crowd, then you just look like the rest of the crazies.
    So, how about you tell us where the plagues are happening?
    Haiti cholera outbreak

The ongoing Haiti cholera outbreak is the worst epidemic of cholera in recent history, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. After the 2010 earthquake, in little over two years, as of August 2013, it has killed at least 8,231 Haitians and hospitalized hundreds of thousands more while spreading to neighboring countries including the Dominican Republic and Cuba. Since the outbreak began in October 2010, more than 6% of Haitians have had the disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%932011_Haiti_cholera_outbreak

2011 dengue outbreak in Pakistan

Dengue fever has become an important disease is Pakistan with increasing epidemics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_dengue_outbreak_in_Pakistan

2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak

An ongoing epidemic of the Ebola virus has spread throughout Guinea and beyond the nation's borders in West Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Guinea_Ebola_outbreak

Madagascar bubonic plague warning

Madagascar faces a bubonic plague epidemic unless it slows the spread of the disease, experts have warned.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-24461474
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 21:26
    [b]Haiti cholera outbreak

The ongoing Haiti cholera outbreak is the worst epidemic of cholera in recent history, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. After the 2010 earthquake, in little over two years, as of August 2013, it has killed at least 8,231 Haitians and hospitalized hundreds of thousands more while spreading to n ...[text shortened]... the spread of the disease, experts have warned.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-24461474[/b]
    Current USA measles outbreak compared to past normal...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/05/31/measles_2014_infection_rate_at_highest_levels_in_20_years.html

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6204a1.htm#Fig1

The world is steadily getting better decade by decade [with a few bumps along the way].

But even were that not true, you're religions 'predictions' and 'prophecies' are
    soooo vague and imprecise and open to interpretation that they could both
    refer to any time and almost any set of circumstances, but also they apply
    to circumstances you would naturally expect to happen regularly even if they
    were not 'real'.

If I forecast that it will rain in the next month [here in the UK] then it's not any
    demonstration of any prescience on my part if it rains some time in the next month.
    Because rain is common, and natural, and expected [here].

Earthquakes and volcanoes and disease and violence are facts of life.
    They have and will happen till the word is destroyed by the sun.

They fluctuate in frequency and intensity, but if they are increasing at any given moment
    that means absolutely nothing with respect to your religions 'prophecies'.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 21:49
    Cholera is pretty much a regular occurrence in Zambia. But I wouldn't call it a plague.
    Cholera has been killing people for thousands of years.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 22:02
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Current USA measles outbreak compared to past normal...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/05/31/measles_2014_infection_rate_at_highest_levels_in_20_years.html

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6204a1.htm#Fig1

The world is steadily getting better decade by decade [with a few bumps along the way].

But even were that n ...[text shortened]... at any given moment
    that means absolutely nothing with respect to your religions 'prophecies'.
    In the past there was no way to teach the gospel of Christ all over the world at one time. However, in the age of satellite radio and television, it can go throughtout the world.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 22:08
    In the past there was no way to teach the gospel of Christ all over the world at one time. However, in the age of satellite radio and television, it can go throughtout the world.
    And? So? Your Point?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 22:28
    I don't suppose England losing to Uruguay is one of the signs is it? Feels like it.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 23:492 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    And? So? Your Point?
    Preaching of the gospel of Christ to the whole world is one of the signs of the last days. The fact that when He comes again in the clouds all nations of peoples will be able to see Him, even though His coming is described as quick, could indicate Television all over the world. The last days is also described as a time of greatly increased knowledge.

The last days could not have happened during the last 1900 years, described as the times of the Gentiles, because Israel was no longer a nation that would allow the last day prophecies to be fulfilled. Once the temple in Jerusalem is rebuilt everything will be set for a possible fulfillment of all the last day prophecies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree