1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 11:52
    Originally posted by vivify
    Rj,

Paul also belived Jesus was coming back soon, even using words like "the time is short". That was about 2,000 years ago. Was Paul wrong? Or are you going to use the old "a day is like a thousand years" mantra?
    Vivify,

Many things we don't understand with regards to the Bible, timing and meaning are a couple of big ones. As a Christian, I am bothered that over the last 30 years or so that I have had an interest in 'end of times' things whenever an event happens in the middle east a new round of books is published about the last days. With that being said, I do believe these are the last days, but there are more important things to focus on besides the building of the temple and all the other end of times predictions... in my honest humble opinion and for me anyways. I believe that the love of God is way more important and showing that to our friends and neighbors is what we ought to be doing.

John 13:35
    English Standard Version (ESV)

35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Nevertheless it is interesting, that some of the chatter her on RHP seems to fulfill some prophecies.

2 Peter 3:1-13 (English Standard Version)

This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, 2 that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, 3 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6 and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, 12 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 13 But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

The love of the Father is what we all should be focusing on.
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 13:17
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    The love of the Father is what we all should be focusing on.
    A kindred spirit!

Though I would change the words "focusing on" to "enjoying and reveling in!"
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 13:41
    Originally posted by CalJust
    A kindred spirit!

Well said, exactly!
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 13:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]Haiti cholera outbreak

The ongoing Haiti cholera outbreak is the worst epidemic of cholera in recent history, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. After the 2010 earthquake, in little over two years, as of August 2013, it has killed at least 8,231 Haitians and hospitalized hundreds of thousands more while spreading to n ...[text shortened]... the spread of the disease, experts have warned.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-24461474[/b]
    Wow, killed 8000 did it. The tsunami in Japan killed at least three times that, but tsunami's aren't mentioned in all that end of day BS.

I do look at the humanist POV since there is no bible god. Which isn't to say there might be REAL gods out there but it is clear as a bell there is no bible god so whatever happens, we do to ourself or se save ourselves the same way, on our own. No god is coming down to fix our boo boo's and tell us everything is alright, especially your paranoid jealous assshole god.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 14:20
    Originally posted by CalJust
    A kindred spirit!

Amen to that. Don't count me out on enjoying the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 17:12
    Originally posted by sonship
    Amen to that. Don't count me out on enjoying the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
    Isn't that what following God is really all about?

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 19:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Wow, killed 8000 did it. The tsunami in Japan killed at least three times that, but tsunami's aren't mentioned in all that end of day BS.

I do look at the humanist POV since there is no bible god. Which isn't to say there might be REAL gods out there but it is clear as a bell there is no bible god so whatever happens, we do to ourself or se save ourselve ...[text shortened]... our boo boo's and tell us everything is alright, especially your paranoid jealous assshole god.
    Nearly every time you post in response to me lately, you remind me of those in the Holy Bible that are boastful mockers and willingly ignorant of God.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 20:30
    Nearly every time you post in response to me lately, you remind me of those in the Holy Bible that are boastful mockers and willingly ignorant of God.
    Not just WILLINGLY ignorant. Shying away from your jealous, spiteful, human traits of your god. I will NEVER worship such a made up god as your buddies did those thousands of years ago so they could control their subjects. There was no spiritual purpose of any kind, it was a control measure to snag weak minded people like yourself. Worked like a charm too. Just goes to show just how stupid most people are to fall for such rot, especially in this day and age when we know good and well there was no WW flood, and we KNOW the universe is nearly 14 billion years old. Your god would NEVER have put out such BS stories as the 6 day creation tale stolen from Egypt. It would have said something MUCH different. It would never have set a trap for Eve since it would have known the outcome before the universe was even created so there WAS no trap set for Eve and there was no EVE or ADAM for that matter and she CERTAINLY did not come from a frigging male rib.

ALL that crap is just plain proof the whole thing is just a man made construct to control people and build up a political power base which I have acknowledged worked like a charm. Which is sad. It just says people are gullible to an extreme degree.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 20:54
    Not just WILLINGLY ignorant. Shying away from your jealous, spiteful, human traits of your god. I will NEVER worship such a made up god as your buddies did those thousands of years ago so they could control their subjects. There was no spiritual purpose of any kind, it was a control measure to snag weak minded people like yourself. Worked like a charm too. ...[text shortened]... ledged worked like a charm. Which is sad. It just says people are gullible to an extreme degree.
    Well at least we have a working theory of the origin of life on earth that conforms to the established law of biogenesis, named after the book of Genesis, I might add. Your evolution buddies say the origin of life is for some other scientists to figure out, since they have nothing but stupidity on their side.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 01:32
    Well at least we have a working theory of the origin of life on earth that conforms to the established law of biogenesis, named after the book of Genesis, I might add. Your evolution buddies say the origin of life is for some other scientists to figure out, since they have nothing but stupidity on their side.
    I don't even know how to respond to your nonsense. Go live in your little world, I'll live in the real world where answers are being worked out daily while you have the one trick pony existence, suitable for your self lobomized paranoid tenth century mindset. You are stuck in the past while real people look to the future. We don't need BS tales from the ancient past to brighten our day. We look for miracles in the genius of a composer like Mozart or the virtuosic playing of a Segovia. THOSE are the important things in life, not the paranoid fear filled days of your world. The world of art, music, dance, physics, astronomy, and so forth, are the REAL joys of life, not your dead ancient words.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 02:26
    I don't even know how to respond to your nonsense. Go live in your little world, I'll live in the real world where answers are being worked out daily while you have the one trick pony existence, suitable for your self lobomized paranoid tenth century mindset. You are stuck in the past while real people look to the future. We don't need BS tales from the anc ...[text shortened]... dance, physics, astronomy, and so forth, are the REAL joys of life, not your dead ancient words.
    We can all enjoy these thing without leaving God out.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 03:57
    We can all enjoy these thing without leaving God out.
    And we can enjoy them a LOT more not needing to constantly worry about whether you are going to hell or not. That is for children spooked by the boogie man.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 07:331 edit
    And we can enjoy them a LOT more not needing to constantly worry about whether you are going to hell or not. That is for children spooked by the boogie man.
    Repent of your sins and accept Christ as your LORD and Savior and there will be no need for you to worry about going to hell.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 12:41
    Repent of your sins and accept Christ as your LORD and Savior and there will be no need for you to worry about going to hell.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I'll sin to the rest of my days without fear of ANY stupid jealous paranoid insane bible god to worry about.

YOU are the one living in fear, fear that you are sinning, fear of the incredibly vicious plot of the bible god of original sin, the worse feature of your bible god. I don't live in such a dreadful lifestyle, I am free of all that utter rot.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 14:57
    I'll sin to the rest of my days without fear of ANY stupid jealous paranoid insane bible god to worry about.

YOU are the one living in fear, fear that you are sinning, fear of the incredibly vicious plot of the bible god of original sin, the worse feature of your bible god. I don't live in such a dreadful lifestyle, I am free of all that utter rot.
    Obviously these discoveries in these last days are God's reminders to all of us of what happened to the unrepenting sinners of ancient days. So heed the warning and repent now while you have time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree