1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 20:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The words are synonyms. If you like "intent" better, then that's your choice. My choice was to use "purpose" meaning the same thing. Maybe my feelings are as you ask, however, feelings can easily change from minute to minute, so that proves nothing.
    You still have yet to address the issue several of us filthy atheists have brought up, the FACT that this end of days card has been played a thousand times over and WHAT? we haven't hit the big one? Not once. So what makes you think YOUR particular last day scene is any different from the thousand other fails?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 21:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You still have yet to address the issue several of us filthy atheists have brought up, the FACT that this end of days card has been played a thousand times over and WHAT? we haven't hit the big one? Not once. So what makes you think YOUR particular last day scene is any different from the thousand other fails?
    There are more signs in place today than there has ever been. So the birth pangs seem more evident now than they ever have been. It may not come for 25 years or even 225 years, but it is certainly closer than it has ever been. So we should heed the warning signs.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 22:14
    There are more signs in place today than there has ever been. So the birth pangs seem more evident now than they ever have been. It may not come for 25 years or even 225 years, but it is certainly closer than it has ever been. So we should heed the warning signs.
    How about the Second World War, or the Great War, or the Napoleonic Wars, or the Norman Invasion of England (there was a comet). You can always find this stuff. If you look at some clouds eventually one of them is going to look like a seven crowned beast. Besides they'd have to rebuild the Temple first and the Israelis aren't in a hurry.

It may not come for 25 years or even 225 years, but it is certainly closer than it has ever been.
    That sentence is a tautology. The end of the world, or at least all life, is scientifically expected in around a billion or so years time due to heating from the sun. Things in the future are always getting closer.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 22:372 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    How about the Second World War, or the Great War, or the Napoleonic Wars, or the Norman Invasion of England (there was a comet). You can always find this stuff. If you look at some clouds eventually one of them is going to look like a seven crowned beast. Besides they'd have to rebuild the Temple first and the Israelis aren't in a hurry.

[quote]It ...[text shortened]... n or so years time due to heating from the sun. Things in the future are always getting closer.
    To many, World War I and II may have been seen as a sign of the End Times. Many Jews were being exterminated at that time, but the Jews had not yet been gathered back to the Holy Land or their nation born in a day according to prophecy in scripture. However, Israel only became a nation again in 1948 after those great wars. Jews are still migrating back there now. Many Jews are preparing to rebuild their temple, which appears to be another sign of the End Times, since a temple in Jerusalem is believed to be a requirement for the End Times by many Biblical prophecy experts.

Even God does not consider billions of years as being soon.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 22:50
    To many, World War I and II may have been seen as a sign of the End Times. Many Jews were being exterminated at that time, but the Jews had not yet been gathered back to the Holy Land or their nation born in a day according to prophecy in scripture. However, Israel only became a nation again in 1948 after those great wars. Jews are still migrating back th ...[text shortened]... y many Biblical prophecy experts.

There's a quote from St.Paul that was mentioned earlier, or possibly in another thread, about a thousand years being no different from an instant to God. I think you can extend that to a billion. The end for humans will come sooner one way or another. The scientific picture is that we will either evolve into something else or become extinct.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 03:11
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    There's a quote from St.Paul that was mentioned earlier, or possibly in another thread, about a thousand years being no different from an instant to God. I think you can extend that to a billion. The end for humans will come sooner one way or another. The scientific picture is that we will either evolve into something else or become extinct.
    It did not say instant, it said day. It said nothing about billions of years. So two or three days might be two or three thousand years by that view. However, that is nothing close to billions of years.

We certainly are not going to evolve into something else, since evolution is fake science.

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 17:01
    It did not say instant, it said day. It said nothing about billions of years. So two or three days might be two or three thousand years by that view. However, that is nothing close to billions of years.

We certainly are not going to evolve into something else, since evolution is fake science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j_lA9eWlFQ
    The REAL reason it doesn't say instant is because your whole creationist fantasy was lifted almost verbatim from the Egyptian model where the names were changed. The use of day was because they knew shyte from shinola about the real world and only could come up day because they didn't know any better.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 17:381 edit
    The REAL reason it doesn't say instant is because your whole creationist fantasy was lifted almost verbatim from the Egyptian model where the names were changed. The use of day was because they knew shyte from shinola about the real world and only could come up day because they didn't know any better.
    The Egyptian creation myth says nothing about 6 days of creation and the method of creation is stupid and nothing like the Genesis account.

.In the beginning there was only the swirling watery chaos, called Nu. Out of these chaotic waters rose Atum, the sun god of the city of Heliopolis. It is believed that he created himself, using his thoughts and will. In the watery chaos, Atum found no place on which to stand. In the place where he first appeared, he created a hill. This hill was said to be the spot on which the temple of Heliopolis was built. Other interpretations find that Atum was the hill. In this interpretation Atum may represent the fertile, life giving hills left behind by the receding waters of the Nile's annual flood. As early as the Fifth-Dynasty, we find Atum identified with the sun god Ra. By this time his emergence on the primeval hill can be interpreted as the coming of light into the darkness of Nu. As the god of the rising sun, his name is Khepri.

. . . . .His next act was to create more gods. Because he was all alone in the world, without a mate, he made a union with his shadow. This unusual way of procreating offspring was not considered strange to the Egyptians. We find Atum regarded as a bisexual god and was sometimes called the 'Great He-She'. The Egyptians were thus able to present Atum as the one and only creative force in the universe.

. . . . .According to some texts the birth of Atum's children took place on the primeval hill. In other texts, Atum stayed in the waters of Nu to create his son and daughter. He gave birth to his son by spitting him out. His daughter he vomited. Shu represented the air and Tefnut was a goddess of moisture. Shu and Tefnut continued the act of creation by establishing a social order. To this order Shu contributed the 'principles of Life' while Tefnut contributed the 'principles of order'.

. . . . .After some time Shu and Tefnut became separated from their father and lost in the watery chaos of Nu. Atum, who had only one eye, which was removable. This was called the Udjat eye. Atum removed the eye and sent it in search of his children. In time they returned with the eye. At this reunion Atum wept tears joy, where these tears hit the ground, men grew. Now Atum was ready to create the world. So Shu and Tefnut became the parents of Geb, the earth and Nut, the sky. Geb and Nut gave birth to Osiris and Isis, Seth, Nephthys.

http://www.egyptartsite.com/crea.html

In one Egyptian creation myth, the sun god Ra takes the form of Khepri, the scarab god who was usually credited as the great creative force of the universe. Khepri tells us,"Heaven and earth did not exist. And the things of the earth did not yet exist. I raised them out of Nu, from their stagnant state. I have made things out of that which I have already made, and they came from my mouth." It seems that Khepri is telling us that in the beginning there is nothing. He made the watery abyss known as Nu, from which he later draws the materials needed for the creation of everything.

. . . . .He goes on to say, "I found no place to stand. I cast a spell with my own heart to lay a foundation in Maat. I made everything . I was alone. I had not yet breathed the god Shu, and I had not yet spit up the goddess Tefnut. I worked alone." We learn that by the use of magic Khepri creates land with its foundation in Maat (law, order, and stability). We also learn that from this foundation many things came into being. At this point in time Khepri is alone. The sun, which was called the eye of Nu, was hidden by the children of Nu. It was a long time before these two deities, Shu and Tefnut were raised out of the watery chaos of their father, Nu. They brought with them their fathers eye, the sun. Khepri then wept profusely, and from his tears sprang men and women. The gods then made another eye, which probably represents the moon. After this Khepri created plants and herbs, animals, reptiles and crawling things. In the mean time Shu and Tefnut gave birth to Geb and Nut, who in turn gave birth to Osiris and Isis, Seth, Nephthys.

http://www.egyptartsite.com/crea.html#hepr

Lower Kingdom Creation Myth
    Only the ocean existed at first. Then Ra (the sun) came out of an egg that appeared on the surface of the water. Ra brought forth four children, the gods Shu and Geb and the goddesses Tefnut and Nut. Shu and Tefnut became the atmosphere. They stood on Geb, who became the earth, and raised up Nut, who became the sky. Ra ruled over all. Geb and Nut later had two sons, Set and Osiris, and two daughters, Isis and Nephthys. Osiris succeeded Ra as king of the earth, helped by Isis, his sister-wife. Set, however, hated his brother and killed him. Isis then embalmed her husband's body with the help of the god Anubis, who thus became the god of embalming. The powerful charms of Isis resurrected Osiris, who became king of the netherworld, the land of the dead. Horus, who was the son of Osiris and Isis, later defeated Set in a great battle and became king of the earth.

(Upper Kingdom creation story)
    At first there was only Nun, the primal ocean of chaos that contained the beginnings of everything to come. From these waters came Ra who, by himself, gave birth to Shu and Tefnut. Shu, the god of air, and Tefnut, the goddess of moisture gave birth to Geb and Nut, the earth god and the sky goddess. And so the physical universe was created. Men were created from Ra's tears. They proved to be ungrateful so Ra, and a council of gods, decided they should be destroyed. Re created Sekhmet to do the job. She was very efficient and slaughtered all but a few humans, when Ra relented and tricked her into stopping. Thus was the present world created.

Against Ra's orders, Geb and Nut married. Ra was incensed and ordered Shu to separate them, which he did. But Nut was already pregnant, although unable to give birth as Ra had decreed she could not give birth in any month of any year. Thoth, the god of learning, decided to help her and gambling with the moon for extra light, was able to add five extra days to the 360-day calendar. On those five days Nut gave birth to Osiris, Horus the Elder, Set, Isis, and Nephthys successively. Osiris became the symbol of good, while Set became the symbol of evil. And thus the two poles of morality were fixed once and for all.

http://www.mythome.org/creategy.html
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 22:062 edits
    The Egyptian creation myth says nothing about 6 days of creation and the method of creation is stupid and nothing like the Genesis account.

.In the beginning there was only the swirling watery chaos, called Nu. Out of these chaotic waters rose Atum, the sun god of the city of Heliopolis. It is believed that he created himself, using his thoughts and will. ...[text shortened]... the two poles of morality were fixed once and for all.

http://www.mythome.org/creategy.html
    You do realize Egypt is thousands of years old and has many creation stories? The one I saw in the Cairo museum was SPECIFICALLY talking about a 6 day creation tale. You can call me a liar if you want but I know what I saw with my own two eyes.

If you ever go to Egypt, go to the Cairo museum, it is an eye opener from one end to the other.

But this thread was supposed to be about the last days like you said in the other thread.

So tell me again why in this day and age of literally tens of thousands of people living to be 100 years old, ancient maladies like polio all but eradicated, the plague can be cured with an antibiotic and prevented by keeping out rats and infected fleas so there won't be any more of the plague that killed 1/3 of Europe back in the year 900.

We are much safer now, you can go outside your house and walk a hundred miles without getting mugged.

Try that a thousand years ago and you would be mugged within a mile.

we are safer, healthier, living longer, less wars right now than any time in the last 100 years, except for the Muslim extremists but they are mainly in the far east.

Besides, those wars are killing people by the tens of thousands. ww1 and 2 were killing people by the tens of MILLIONS.

Sounds safer to me.

The whole world is safer and not even CLOSE to any end of day scare story you are trying to invent, the motivation for that being you just want to scare people into your sick religion.

Also, I have heard you say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the thousands of failed end of day deals that has gone on in the past when so many preachers pulled the EOD card only to have that time pass with NOTHING happening outside the misery we cause ourselves. No supernatural flames, no big floods. NADA. ZIP, ZERO supernatural hell raising.

A thousand times before at least this crap has been foisted on the public and here you are again with yet another 'the sky is falling' routine. Don't you think its time to put away that stupid ploy and try something different for a change?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 01:15
    You do realize Egypt is thousands of years old and has many creation stories? The one I saw in the Cairo museum was SPECIFICALLY talking about a 6 day creation tale. You can call me a liar if you want but I know what I saw with my own two eyes.

If you ever go to Egypt, go to the Cairo museum, it is an eye opener from one end to the other.

But this t ...[text shortened]... Don't you think its time to put away that stupid ploy and try something different for a change?
    Someone must have added the 6 days to make it seem closer to the Genesis account. Or maybe you just have a piss poor memory. But it doesn't matter, because this thread is about signs of the last days. Do you want to add "distorting the word of God" as a sign of the last days?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 01:43
    Someone must have added the 6 days to make it seem closer to the Genesis account. Or maybe you just have a piss poor memory. But it doesn't matter, because this thread is about signs of the last days. Do you want to add "distorting the word of God" as a sign of the last days?
    You are so full of shyte you can't see straight any more. Last days? BULLSHYTE, you can't even admit there has been a two thousand year long string of failed last days. You are nothing but a pathetic clown of a man who desperately wants converts to your perverted religion.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 01:562 edits
    You are so full of shyte you can't see straight any more. Last days? BULLSHYTE, you can't even admit there has been a two thousand year long string of failed last days. You are nothing but a pathetic clown of a man who desperately wants converts to your perverted religion.
    The signs and the prophecies of the last days are being fulfilled in these days we are now living in. I am not predicting the date of the end time, but only proclaiming that signs of the last days are upon us and therefore the end time could be soon, much sooner than most people think.

And I have not started a cult religion that I am trying to convert anyone into. I am only referencing the Holy Bible and maybe a couple or so youtube videos.

YouTube
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 06:00
    The signs and the prophecies of the last days are being fulfilled in these days we are now living in. I am not predicting the date of the end time, but only proclaiming that signs of the last days are upon us and therefore the end time could be soon, much sooner than most people think.

And I have not started a cult religion that I am trying to convert an ...[text shortened]... oly Bible and maybe a couple or so youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW3-EIAjoMI
    And still not acknowledging the 'end days' card has been played to total failure for the past two thousand years. Your last day card is bogus.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 06:26
    And still not acknowledging the 'end days' card has been played to total failure for the past two thousand years. Your last day card is bogus.
    Says you, the willingly ignorant one of little faith.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 18:21
    Says you, the willingly ignorant one of little faith.
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with the FACT there has been 2000 years of the End Days card played to zero effect, no end days happened all that time even though supposedly godly men inspired directly from god said it all those times and still nothing happened, no end of the world happened.

Why can't you even acknowledge that? Or are you just going to spout other people's words again?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree