1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 23:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't suppose England losing to Uruguay is one of the signs is it? Feels like it.
    The fact that most people are paying attention to their own desires rather than the will of God, like was done in the days of Noah and the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, is one of the signs. That might include your desire for England to win over Uruguay and your mocking attitude of the prophecies of God and the return of Christ in the clouds.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 00:46
    Rj,

Paul also belived Jesus was coming back soon, even using words like "the time is short". That was about 2,000 years ago. Was Paul wrong? Or are you going to use the old "a day is like a thousand years" mantra?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 01:43
    Originally posted by vivify
    Rj,

Paul also belived Jesus was coming back soon, even using words like "the time is short". That was about 2,000 years ago. Was Paul wrong? Or are you going to use the old "a day is like a thousand years" mantra?
    I believe the apostle Paul may have been referring to the time of his life to preach the gospel as being short. Maybe he was referring to the time is short until the destruction of the temple. It could be almost anything. I would have to look at the verse in context to make a better decision as to his possible meaning.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 03:472 edits
    RJ, you won't agree with the timing of the Yellowstone caldera eruptions since you are a young-earther. But I presume you believe that the eruptions did in fact occur.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/naturescience/eruptions.htm

The biggest was estimated to be 2,400 times the size of the most recent Mt. St. Helens eruption. It must have destroyed a huge amount of flora and fauna in North America.

Do you believe that the Yellowstone caldera was an enormous sign of the end times being at hand? (Whatever time period you believe that eruption may have happened.)
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 04:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus said the signs would be like "birth pangs" (Matthew 24:8).
    1. "...and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues

1. ". ...[text shortened]... s" (Matthew 24:8).
    Did Jesus predict idiots repeating themselves on internet forums?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 05:12
    The fact that most people are paying attention to their own desires rather than the will of God, like was done in the days of Noah and the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, is one of the signs. That might include your desire for England to win over Uruguay and your mocking attitude of the prophecies of God and the return of Christ in the clouds.
    You seem to be saying that my interest in the current football World Cup is comparable with what people were drowned for in the flood; is that correct?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 06:59
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    RJ, you won't agree with the timing of the Yellowstone caldera eruptions since you are a young-earther. But I presume you believe that the eruptions did in fact occur.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/naturescience/eruptions.htm

The biggest was estimated to be 2,400 times the size of the most recent Mt. St. Helens eruption. It must have destroyed a huge a ...[text shortened]... the end times being at hand? (Whatever time period you believe that eruption may have happened.)
    Jesus told his disciples that just because there may hear of wars, earthquakes, or even volcanic eruptions that does not mean the end is upon them. He said all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 07:022 edits
    You seem to be saying that my interest in the current football World Cup is comparable with what people were drowned for in the flood; is that correct?
    No I did not say that at all. You can enjoy your interest like I enjoy watching American football and the Super Bowl. However, I do not have a mocking attitude toward the prophecies of God and the return of Christ in the clouds.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 08:05
    No I did not say that at all. You can enjoy your interest like I enjoy watching American football and the Super Bowl. However, I do not have a mocking attitude toward the prophecies of God and the return of Christ in the clouds.
    I thought you would decide to back out of that one quickly.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 08:16
    All this death and destruction .............. must be responsible for the
    growing world population and the increasing global standard of living.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 08:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    All this death and destruction .............. must be responsible for the
    growing world population and the increasing global standard of living.
    I'm so sick of corporate religion, twisted misanthropic religious zealots and doom and gloom prophets.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 08:33
    I thought you would decide to back out of that one quickly.
    If you repent of your mocking attitude, then you shall be forgiven.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 08:35
    If you repent of your mocking attitude, then you shall be forgiven.
    You're just an easy target, being such a tool and all.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 08:45
    Even Christ is in the Cloud now? Sheesh, modern times.

Does he also have a twitter account?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 09:05
    Originally posted by vivify
    Rj,

Is time relative or is it not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree