Signs of the Last Days

Signs of the Last Days

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I like reading Scientific America and other rich material. Not a big fan of basing my thinking on any of the local media networks. i.e. CNN, FOX, etc.

But i think we've gotten way off topic.

Thanks
It is in the interest of big business to deny any man made effect on climate.

THAT is a fact. The fact there has been a steady rise in the CO2 in the atmosphere for the last 200 years since the dawn of the industrial age, and the loss of glaciers world wide and the increase in bad weather, for instance, the hurricane season usually starts in September but in the south pacific there is a huge typhoon going on right now in the beginning of July and we just dodged a bullet in the US and Canada in hurricane Arthur that just went by, beginning of July.

None of those absolute facts make ANY impression on you? You think it's just a coincidence that the CO2 has gone way up in the last 200 years and we now have this incredibly bad weather, all just up to volcanoes and solar flares? You do notice, those volcanoes turned DOWN the temperature around the planet didn't you? If that is the case, why is the ocean measurably hotter now with the resulting huge increase in the power of existing hurricanes? You remember hurricane Sandy?

At what point would you admit mankind is causing its own demise?

P

Moves
09 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
It is in the interest of big business to deny any man made effect on climate.

THAT is a fact. The fact there has been a steady rise in the CO2 in the atmosphere for the last 200 years since the dawn of the industrial age, and the loss of glaciers world wide and the increase in bad weather, for instance, the hurricane season usually starts in September bu ...[text shortened]... ou remember hurricane Sandy?

At what point would you admit mankind is causing its own demise?
Co2 is not the enemy. Every time you exhale you release Co2's into the atmosphere. Considering the fact that there is more people living in the world over the past 200 years and living longer, volcanoes, solar bursts, and all the other natural additives. The earth has it's natural healing methods. Algae, trees, and basically all plant life, eat Co2's like candy.

The real enemy are the PCB's released into the atmosphere. The chemical is produced by a plastic injection mold making well everything plastic. Like the keyboard you are using to type here. Everything plastic or fiberglass is made in a plastic injection mold. So just look around the room you are in, or the car you drive etc.

Well PCB's aren't even the worst. Let us talk about the environmental impact of the windmills. I'm not talking about the birds getting whacked, I'm talking about the generators creating a magnetic field. A few thousand windmills have really weird weather patterns around them.

Sounds a little syfy, but there is truth to it.

There is a whole host of chemicals people use that we consume. Co2's is not the problem. And if you buy into the idea that Co2's is the cause of whatever, I have to believe that you've been duped.

Sonhouse, I really don't believe man can cause the earths climate to change with some exceptions. I know that the nuke meltdown, (not in the news anymore) will effect pregnant women in the pacific region for years to come.

That when the retreating army of Iraq caused the oil refineries to burn, acid rain fell a few hundred miles away.

That when B. P.'s drill exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, the fish were scarce for a year. But the following year there was a bumper crop of fish in the same area.

The list goes on. Where nature is involved, there is a momentary lapse, but then the earth bounces back, 10 fold.

d

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]Preaching of the gospel of Christ to the whole world is one of the signs of the last days. The fact that when He comes again in the clouds all nations of peoples will be able to see Him, even though His coming is described as quick, could indicate Television all over the world. The last days is also described as a time of greatly increased knowledge.
Back then, the "whole world" mean for them the Middle East and the surrounding areas, like in flooding the "whole world". Or maybe, you think is true that the peaks of Himalaya mountains where covered by water?
And twisting "all nations of peoples will be able to see him" into invention of television seems to me like "sprinkling the house with chicken blood" is the invention of antibiotics.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by danielnovacovici
Back then, the "whole world" mean for them the Middle East and the surrounding areas, like in flooding the "whole world". Or maybe, you think is true that the peaks of Himalaya mountains where covered by water?
And twisting "all nations of peoples will be able to see him" into invention of television seems to me like "sprinkling the house with chicken blood" is the invention of antibiotics.
Well, I believe you are partially right in that he whole world was in one area, since the earth had not divided into continents at that time. But it is clear that the water was over the high mountains, which were not as high then, and I guess you have heard in science class that water seeks its own level.

Now I would not go as far as to twist scripture to say that "sprinkling the house with chicken blood" is the invention of antibiotics, but it sounds like a fun idea.

P

Moves
09 Jul 14

[b]HERE ARE A FEW SIGNS OF THE LAST DAYS

Jesus said the signs would be like "birth pangs" (Matthew 24:8).

1. "...and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:11)

2. "Realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be l ...[text shortened]... s pictured as being re-established (Ezekiel 37:21-22) and surrounded by hostile Arab neighbor...[/b]
RJ, you have knowledge of the scripture, but your faith is limited. Other than limiting the mind of God, (making a box for God), it is typical thinking among many Christians.

You many think I'm belittling you, I am not.

I would love to tell you about what God's work is in me, but you will not accept it. Although I said it in another thread to another person, and even you responded to my message for the other. You never read what was written, you never got it.

It is because of the Time we are in, that I am here.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jul 14

Co2 is not the enemy. Every time you exhale you release Co2's into the atmosphere. Considering the fact that there is more people living in the world over the past 200 years and living longer, volcanoes, solar bursts, and all the other natural additives. The earth has it's natural healing methods. Algae, trees, and basically all plant life, eat Co2's like c ...[text shortened]... Where nature is involved, there is a momentary lapse, but then the earth bounces back, 10 fold.
Even if PCB's was a greenhouse gas, which I have no idea one way or the other, the amount of the stuff in the atmosphere is many times lower than CO2 and past atmosphere studies, like ice core data from Antarctica and such, shows a high correlation with CO2 and temperature. The studies there go back hundreds of thousands of years and they see every time there is a CO2 bump, the temperature goes up and they see that correlated with the rise and fall of ice ages and such.

Look up that data and tell me what you think.

Cape Town

Moves
09 Jul 14

Co2 is not the enemy. Every time you exhale you release Co2's into the atmosphere. Considering the fact that there is more people living in the world over the past 200 years and living longer, volcanoes, solar bursts, and all the other natural additives. The earth has it's natural healing methods. Algae, trees, and basically all plant life, eat Co2's like candy.
Yet the actual measured amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is rising steadily.

And if you buy into the idea that Co2's is the cause of whatever, I have to believe that you've been duped.
Why do you 'have to believe' that? Isn't it possible that it is you that has been duped? After all, we know more science than you do and are therefore less likely to be duped on matters of science than you are.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by twhitehead

[b]And if you buy into the idea that Co2's is the cause of whatever, I have to believe that you've been duped.

Why do you 'have to believe' that? Isn't it possible that it is you that has been duped? After all, we know more science than you do and are therefore less likely to be duped on matters of science than you are.[/b]
The weathermem are better scientists that Al Gore and his global warming alarmists.

ttp://www.libertynews.com/2013/12/[WORD TOO LONG]/#!

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2014010633699/editorial/us-opinion-and-editorial/on-the-coldest-day-in-america-in-20-years-here-are-al-gore-s-stupidest-global-warming-quotes.html

Moves
09 Jul 14

The weathermem are better scientists that Al Gore and his global warming alarmists.

ttp://www.libertynews.com/2013/12/[WORD TOO LONG]/#!

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2014010633699/editorial/us-opinion-and-editoria ...[text shortened]... n-the-coldest-day-in-america-in-20-years-here-are-al-gore-s-stupidest-global-warming-quotes.html
the articles you have posted do not seem to understand what global warming actually does. do you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the articles you have posted do not seem to understand what global warming actually does. do you?
They were referring to what it was originally supposed to do. After it was determined that it was not doing that, the Global Warming people changed the name to Global Climate Change" to save face.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 14

They were referring to what it was originally supposed to do. After it was determined that it was not doing that, the Global Warming people changed the name to Global Climate Change" to save face.
You mean just like Creationists who changed the name to Intelligent design?

P

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by twhitehead

[b]And if you buy into the idea that Co2's is the cause of whatever, I have to believe that you've been duped.

Why do you 'have to believe' that? Isn't it possible that it is you that has been duped? After all, we know more science than you do and are therefore less likely to be duped on matters of science than you are.[/b]
Obviously i am no scientist. But i know a little. Do you know what Co2 is caused by? Carbon emissions. But it isn't limited to cars and all the automotive use in the world. When you burn leaves, fart, exhale, every volcano and even when there is an earthquake (underwater type especailly) all these and many more are all part of Co2.

Now logically, of course when scientists take core data from ice you'll find pockets of concentration of Co2. Maybe there should be a comparision of volcanic activity dating compared to high levels of Co2 found in the ice.

And of course i can believe, as the human population grows, and more cows are brought into our food chain, etc, etc. There will be more Co2 in the atmosphere. But have you heard about the large growth of plankton in the oceans. Especially in the Atlantic.

Plant life eats Co2 like candy. They can't get enough of it.

Also, rain does wonders. Did you know every rain drop contains dust particles. Rain cleans the air, much like the scrubbers that are used in coal burning plants.

Much to the shagrin of the environmentalists, in the U.S. the coal burning plants are at about 1% emmisions. Pres. Obama's claim of the coal plants causing tons of pollution is false. U.S. regulations over the past 10+ years have made the coal plants become "clean burners" .

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14

Obviously i am no scientist. But i know a little. Do you know what Co2 is caused by? Carbon emissions. But it isn't limited to cars and all the automotive use in the world. When you burn leaves, fart, exhale, every volcano and even when there is an earthquake (underwater type especailly) all these and many more are all part of Co2.

Now logically, of cou ...[text shortened]... lse. U.S. regulations over the past 10+ years have made the coal plants become "clean burners" .
Maybe the carbon emission problem will go away when we get rid of Obama and sonhouse.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 14

Now logically, of cou ...[text shortened]... lse. U.S. regulations over the past 10+ years have made the coal plants become "clean burners" .
Actually, farts produce something even worse as a greenhouse gas: Methane.

It is about 20 times worse a greenhouse gas, but there is a LOT less of it in the atmosphere, at least for now. The problem is, as the world heats up, millions of square miles of peat fields in the Arctic will start to release a LOT of methane so it can be a positive feedback effect, a runaway greenhouse.

I don't think anyone is predicting that but it could happen. One Kg of methane is as bad as 20 Kg of CO2 as far as greenhouse effects go.

CO and CO2 are produced when you burn most anything organic.

But, you will learn the hard way if you live long enough. Me, I don't see myself being around more than about another 25 years or so, maybe 30 but I don't think we will have reached the tipping point then, probably more like 60 or 80 years down the line. The year 2100 is going to be a bitch.

P

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Actually, farts produce something even worse as a greenhouse gas: Methane.

It is about 20 times worse a greenhouse gas, but there is a LOT less of it in the atmosphere, at least for now. The problem is, as the world heats up, millions of square miles of peat fields in the Arctic will start to release a LOT of methane so it can be a positive feedback effe ...[text shortened]... int then, probably more like 60 or 80 years down the line. The year 2100 is going to be a bitch.
I'm not saying there are habits that mankind should ignore. Like harvesting fish to the point of extinction. Fish also clean the oceans.

There is a lot of talk about Co2's, but what of all the other things that nobody talks about.

It is always good to take things in moderation. And to be aware of what we do, individually and as a country.

More steps, like what was done with coal burning plants would be great. But we can't stop nature, not yet anyways.

One question that i have been wondering, with all the business of the windmills. Has the idea of catching lightning ever been thought of? Just imagine how much electricity could be caught with one bolt.