1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 22:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you joking? You do know what a continent is don't you? If something is moving away from it you get the upwelling of magma into the ocean where the split hits the surface.

Are you suggesting that the other side of the continent where it is being forced into other continents, that is not happening?

The friction happens on the side where the crashi ...[text shortened]... your consciousness, damn reason, full speed ahead with your continuous self lobotomizing dogma.
    All the crashing together happened at the time of the worldwide flood when the bible says the mountains where raised up and the valleys sank down so the waters had a place to go. Any heat buildup would have been dissipated by all that water.

The dividing of the earth into continents did not happen until about 300 years later according to my understanding of the history recorded in the Holy Bible.

Your idea of what happened is just the imaginations of men who do not know the true history, because they fail to read and understand the written record.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All the crashing together happened at the time of the worldwide flood when the bible says the mountains where raised up and the valleys sank down so the waters had a place to go. Any heat buildup would have been dissipated by all that water.

The dividing of the earth into continents did not happen until about 300 years later according to my understandin ...[text shortened]... n who do not know the true history, because they fail to read and understand the written record.
    Ron, we know how plate tectonics works. We can see the evidence of it plainly with our own eyes. It's not anyone's imagination.

What's next for you? Calling us all blasphemers and sorcerors? And you wonder why people think you're a loon?

I've told you over and over how to square your love of God with science. But you'll have none of it. It's your way or the highway.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:12
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    interlock your fingers then pull your hands apart as hard as you can. what happened? im guessing you pulled your hands apart and caused your fingers to crash into each other.....so it is possible to move apart and crash together at the same time.... this isnt actually what i was referring to though. there are several major plates. some are moving apart, ...[text shortened]... ents. im sure you are aware of the san andreas fault, last time i checked that wasnt underwater.
    You can not always rely on what is happening today has always been the case. The carving out of Little Grand Canyon within three days by water and mud from the melting of snow and ice, after the eruption of Mount St. Helens, proves it does not take millions of years to do such things as was believed by evolutionists.

Your other mistake is thinking I am referring to tectonic plates crashing or rubbing together. That has nothing to do with the continents separating in the past.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ron, we know how plate tectonics works. We can see the evidence of it plainly with our own eyes. It's not anyone's imagination.

What's next for you? Calling us all blasphemers and sorcerors? And you wonder why people think you're a loon?

I've told you over and over how to square your love of God with science. But you'll have none of it. It's your way or the highway.
    Again I am not referring to tectonic plates. I was referring to the Holy Bible when the earth was divided after the flood. There is no friction when land moves apart, my dear.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:18
    You can not always rely on what is happening today has always been the case. The carving out of Little Grand Canyon within three days by water and mud from the melting of snow and ice, after the eruption of Mount St. Helens, proves it does not take millions of years to do such things as was believed by evolutionists.

Your other mistake is thinking I am r ...[text shortened]... rashing or rubbing together. That has nothing to do with the continents separating in the past.
    Oh, come on, Ron!

The separation of the continents has everything to do with plate tectonics! It's the exact reason why they are separating.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:22
    Again I am not referring to tectonic plates. I was referring to the Holy Bible when the earth was divided after the flood. There is no friction when land moves apart, my dear.
    Of course.

And the moon is made of green cheese, right?

I just do not see how you can say some of this stuff with a straight face.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:37
    What do you think causes earthquakes?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 00:05
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    What do you think causes earthquakes?
    I believe earthquakes are caused by pressure build up under the ground that is eventually strong enough to crack open the ground from bottom to top.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 01:58
    Of course.

And the moon is made of green cheese, right?

I just do not see how you can say some of this stuff with a straight face.
    Haven't I been nice to you? I don't recall ever calling you a name. What did I do that causes you to act like this toward me?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 01:59
    I believe earthquakes are caused by pressure build up under the ground that is eventually strong enough to crack open the ground from bottom to top.
    Is this in the Bible? I'm guessing not. Was it a bubble-gum wrapper then?

What do you think causes this pressure build up then, Ron? And you do realize that not all earthquakes (in fact, most don't) result in visible cracks reaching all the way to the surface, right?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 02:04
    Haven't I been nice to you? I don't recall ever calling you a name. What did I do that causes you to act like this toward me?
    It is your bizarre insistence that you are always right, even when you clearly aren't. Simply because you read it (or maybe something like it) in the Bible and you think that must be the final word on the subject. Even though that was written long, long before advanced knowledge of the subject became widely available.

And Ron, it's not me calling you these names. It's other people. Do you think I enjoy seeing Christians ripped apart and called stupid?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 02:071 edit
    Is this in the Bible? I'm guessing not. Was it a bubble-gum wrapper then?

What do you think causes this pressure build up then, Ron? And you do realize that not all earthquakes (in fact, most don't) result in visible cracks reaching all the way to the surface, right?
    Earthquakes are mentioned in the Holy Bible. However, I don't recall any information as to what causes them. I am not an expert on earthquakes. However, I was raised in East Texas and there are many oil wells there and there is a lot of pressure below ground that pushes the oil up. And there is natural gas under the ground so it seemed to me that the same type pressure might cause earthquakes.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 02:11
    It is your bizarre insistence that you are always right, even when you clearly aren't. Simply because you read it (or maybe something like it) in the Bible and you think that must be the final word on the subject. Even though that was written long, long before advanced knowledge of the subject became widely available.

And Ron, it's not me callin ...[text shortened]... mes. It's other people. Do you think I enjoy seeing Christians ripped apart and called stupid?
    I think I know what it is now. It is my conservative political views, right?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 02:16
    I think I know what it is now. It is my conservative political views, right?
    Ron, I just told you what it is.

No, it's not your political views.

Politics and religion have no place together.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 02:34
    Ron, I just told you what it is.

No, it's not your political views.

Politics and religion have no place together.
    You can't always be right, can you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree