1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '12 23:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hey galveston75, if this dispute between googlefudge and Rajk999 were a YouTube clip, would you be citing it as proof of how intractable conflicts about spiritual issues have become, and as a sign of the end times being near? 😵
    Probably not as that is common place and the norm here.

2 Timothy 3:1-5
    Good News Translation (GNT)

2 Timothy 3
    The Last Days
    1 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days.
    2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious;
    3 they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good;
    4 they will be treacherous, reckless, and swollen with pride; they will love pleasure rather than God;
    5 they will hold to the outward form of our religion, but reject its real power. Keep away from such people.

One version also says in this list with "no agreement among themselves" just as we see here and in every thread in this forum.

Sure these things have always existed, so why then is it speaking of such common things that have always been as being part of the sign of the end?
    Most would not see the differances and say "nothing has changed" but God lets the ones he choses see that there is indeed a change to the worse.
    Ones like yourself and others here, even some so called Christians, that are not being shown by God these events, will never see it.
    But there is always hope that anyone can change...
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '12 23:55
    Originally posted by galveston75

2 Timothy 3
    The Last Days
    2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious;
    3 they will ...[text shortened]... by God these events, will never see it.
    You still haven't responded to my question as to why your god can't just allow those who
    don't like or don't believe in him to simply get on with our own affairs some place else in
    this vast cosmos rather than foisting a choice between two evils on everyone for absolutely
    no reason.

You called me selfish for not wanting to be included in your vision for an ideal society.

A society built on the death and destruction of almost everyone that has ever lived.

Are you going to admit that actually it is you who is selfish in desiring the fiery death of
    everyone who doesn't agree with you so that you can enjoy what sounds to me like hell?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 00:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You still haven't responded to my question as to why your god can't just allow those who
    don't like or don't believe in him to simply get on with our own affairs some place else in
    this vast cosmos rather than foisting a choice between two evils on everyone for absolutely
    no reason.

You called me selfish for not wanting to be included in your vi ...[text shortened]... of
    everyone who doesn't agree with you so that you can enjoy what sounds to me like hell?
    As long as you view God as being evil, I have no answers for you. Nothing I could say would make you think differently so why do I need to answer?

As long as you don't understand God and why evil things have happened, who is behind those things and why God has not corrected them "yet" and done away with the one who causes evil, you'll continue on with your beliefs and that is fine for you.

But God did not crete the cosmos for there to be wickedness but only created where we are now to someday again live a very peaceful life and to never die.
    God did not create the devil but the angel that turned himsel into a wicked and selfish being has caused the evil we have had on this earth for thousands of years.
    God has had to let it run a period of time for man with the backing of Satan to rule ourselves as most of mankind for some stupid reason wants, but this destructive course is not working and then and only then will God step in and bring the earth and man back to the way he originally intended.
    I know you don't believe that but it's the reality of it all and it will happen no matter what any of us believe.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 00:491 edit
    As long as you view God as being evil, I have no answers for you. Nothing I could say would make you think differently so why do I need to answer?

As long as you don't understand God and why evil things have happened, who is behind those things and why God has not corrected them "yet" and done away with the one who causes evil, you'll continue on wit e that but it's the reality of it all and it will happen no matter what any of us believe.
    No it's a childish fantasy used by the priesthood to control and subjugate humanity
    (particularly women) and prop up their own power.

You are a deluded believe of fairy tales.

I am simply trying to show you how evil and depraved those fairy tales are.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 01:24
    No it's a childish fantasy used by the priesthood to control and subjugate humanity
    (particularly women) and prop up their own power.

You are a deluded believe of fairy tales.

I am simply trying to show you how evil and depraved those fairy tales are.
    So exactly how are they evil and deprived? I'm speaking of the Bible, not some churches paganistic view.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 02:00
    I didn't say I couldn't stand Christians.

It's the religion I can't stand, not the people.

And "You need to get yourself a woman"... seriously???

You really want to go that patronising and derogatory?

There couldn't possibly be anything wrong with your religion so there must be something
    wrong with me and that it's not getting enough sex?? ...[text shortened]...

Also if your sarcasm detector didn't just explode it isn't working properly.
    it's quiet easy. you get a bunch of guys together, go to the next town, kill every one except virgin girls. there you go. you got yourself a woman. it's very on the level. biblegod approves.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 02:07

2 Timothy 3
    The Last Days
    3 they will ...[text shortened]... by God these events, will never see it.
    what's really going to happen is that some people are going to delude themselves about their own self-importance and end up believing they are special and will see things that other people can't see.
    but there is always hope that they will be cured, perhaps by the use of psychiatry, or psychiatric drugs, or perhaps they will be able to cure themselves by abandoning the nonsense of their religion.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 02:531 edit
    Most would not see the differances and say "nothing has changed" but God lets the ones he choses see that there is indeed a change to the worse.
    Ones like yourself and others here, even some so called Christians, that are not being shown by God these events, will never see it.
    So you've given up trying to establish - with your YouTube clips and what not - that things are actually worse and are now instead claiming a special, exclusive power granted to you by God - having described yourself as being among "the ones he chooses" - to "see" that what you say you see, and what you say it means, are "true"?
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 05:57
    One version also says in this list with "no agreement among themselves" just as we see here and in every thread in this forum.
    Wow. Even our little forum disagreements qualify us for the End Times now.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 10:20
    So exactly how are they evil and deprived? I'm speaking of the Bible, not some churches paganistic view.
    I'm talking about the bible too.

It's an atheists greatest recruiting tool (for Christians)

The majority of atheists in the USA used to be Christians, and the overwhelming single
    largest reason given for them ceasing to believe in Christianity was sitting down and
    actually reading the bible.

If you want to see what's wrong with the bible and the god depicted in it I suggest you
    start here...

http://www.evilbible.com/

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 10:311 edit
    So you are falling back on the "you can't see it because your not a believer" strategy.
    What you are forgetting is that we are discussing something that is very concrete and measurable. It is not some attribute of God or the supernatural that can only be known by believers. It is a fact about the world. So your statement here are like someone saying "the Ocean is red, but only those that God allows to see it will see it, the rest of you will see blue".
    Either crime is increasing or it isn't. It is measurable by anyone willing to do the leg work and measure the quantities of crime. Yet you are claiming that only those that God chooses can count crimes.

What is extra stupid about the claim is that here you are discussing it, and trying to convince others of your views when you don't believe we are capable of seeing it your way anyway.
    Do you expect us to just take your word for it? Do you think you discussing it here will cause God to open our minds? Or do you simply like futile discussions that make you look bad?
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 11:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you are falling back on the "you can't see it because your not a believer" strategy.
    What you are forgetting is that we are discussing something that is very concrete and measurable. It is not some attribute of God or the supernatural that can only be known by believers. It is a fact about the world. So your statement here are like someone saying "the ...[text shortened]... e God to open our minds? Or do you simply like futile discussions that make you look bad?
    I predict a 'whatever' response coming soon.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 20:31

As long as you don't understand God and why evil things have happened, who is behind those things and why God has not corrected them "yet" and done away with the one who causes evil, you'll continue on wit ...[text shortened]... e that but it's the reality of it all and it will happen no matter what any of us believe.
    God did not create the devil but the angel that turned himsel into a wicked and selfish being has caused the evil we have had on this earth for thousands of years.

Tell me more about this assertion that God did not create the devil. Presumably what you intended to say is that God created an angel who chose to turn to evil and become the Devil.

Not enough attention is paid to the reliance of much Christian thinking on the role of angels and devils.

The crifixion, I read, is really explained not as required by the fall of Adam and Eve, but the necessity to overcome the power of the devil.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 21:00
    Sure these things have always existed, so why then is it speaking of such common things that have always been as being part of the sign of the end?
    I have been giving this some thought, and I am wondering how God manages to pull off this differential perception. If I watch the youtube video, will I see something totally different from what you saw? Will I see a blisful scene of green grass whereas you apparently saw some despicable behaviour on a bus. (I haven't watched the video yet, I am just basing this on comments made by you and others).
    Also, when you recall a pleasant peaceful childhood and I recall a less pleasant one, is this because my childhood was actually worse than yours or is it because God has chosen not to let me see how pleasant my childhood really was?
    I am really starting to get paranoid here! Is my life real, or is God pulling the wool over my eyes?
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Jun '12 23:59
    I'm talking about the bible too.

It's an atheists greatest recruiting tool (for Christians)

The majority of atheists in the USA used to be Christians, and the overwhelming single
    largest reason given for them ceasing to believe in Christianity was sitting down and
    actually reading the bible.

If you want to see what's wrong with the bible and ...[text shortened]... gest you
    start here...

http://www.evilbible.com/

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
    skepticsannotatedbible is a great site. they have material on the quran and some of the popular sects within the christian cult as well.

i also like the brick testament.

http://thebrickbible.com/

the good stuff is here
    http://www.thebricktestament.com/home.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree