some people do get it

some people do get it

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q

Moves
08 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ckoh1965
[b]I don't think the Bible could be interpreted that way hun.

Is that a fact, or are you merely expressing your opinion? You'd be surprised on how far wrong people can get when it comes to interpretations.

So if, hypothetically speaking, a person believes that Jesus Christ came to earth, became a man, and then took the sins of men on His shoulder uring his lifetime on earth? As long as he believes, then he is assured of a place in heaven?[/b]
Someone would have to be really screwwed up in the head to get anything about having to murder someone from the Bible. But OK.
And yes! No matter what a person does in their lifetime, if they believe, they will go to heaven.

c

Moves
08 Feb 07

Originally posted by Queenofnight
Someone would have to be really screwwed up in the head to get anything about having to murder someone from the Bible. But OK.
And yes! No matter what a person does in their lifetime, if they believe, they will go to heaven.
Well, what do you expect? We are just human. We are very unpredictable beings! In the heat of the moment, people will kill because of a stupid football game. And therefore people have killed because they were convinced that they're defending their religion. But thanks for answering my question anyway. I am more convinced now that I don't want to go to heaven.

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
08 Feb 07

What happens to you after death if you are a Tibetan Buddhist who does not believe in life after death. . . .?

What happens after death to a Hindu who believes in reincarnation, who looks to a better next life, if the present life is lived well. . .?

What happens to a person who follows their own belief's but never looks at or considers Christianity during the course of their lives. . . ?

e

Moves
08 Feb 07

Originally posted by EAPOE
What happens to you after death if you are a Tibetan Buddhist who does not believe in life after death. . . .?

What happens after death to a Hindu who believes in reincarnation, who looks to a better next life, if the present life is lived well. . .?

What happens to a person who follows their own belief's but never looks at or considers Christianity during the course of their lives. . . ?
i think the christians will send them all to hell.... it's gonna be one empty heaven

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Feb 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
i think the christians will send them all to hell.... it's gonna be one empty heaven
I think it will be predominately White Americans and Britons. You know, the 'christian' nations.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Feb 07
1 edit

Someone would have to be really screwwed up in the head to get anything about having to murder someone from the Bible.
You really must read more of the Old Testament.

Edit: And the story of Annanias and Saphirrah from the NT.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
10 Feb 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Sounds like heaven is easier to get into than Paris Hilton's knickers.
There would be a cost though. Saddam and Hitler would both have to renounce their pride (and mean it) and feel a hell of a lot of remorse for what they had done. Imagine that , really facing up to what you had become and all the misery you had caused. Having your conscience reignited so that you actually felt and empathised with all your victims. They would feel the full force of God's judgement on their consciences and have to completely throw themselves at the cross in repentance. More like getting into the Queen's knickers I feel.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
10 Feb 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
if we all must agree that god created us; then if and when he decides to send me or you to hell, isn't there any sense of failure or responsibilty from god?
no, because God knows no failure, as HE is perfect...
WE have failed Him if we are condemned to Hell...

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
10 Feb 07

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
no, because God knows no failure, as HE is perfect...
WE have failed Him if we are condemned to Hell...
Condemnation to spend eternity in hell seems a bit of a harsh punishment . . .Is God not omnipotent, all loving and all forgiving?

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
10 Feb 07

Condemnation to spend eternity in hell seems a bit of a harsh punishment . . .Is God not omnipotent, all loving and all forgiving?
He forgives those who ask...
if we do not ask, how can He forgive?
Hell is a harsh punishment...
but Hell is deserved for breaking God's commands...
only by His forgiveness can we avoid Hell
He is all loving, but he also gave us free will, meaning that if we made the decision to sin, then the punishment of hell is warranted...
however, by asking His forgiveness, He will gladly give us a get out of jail free card BECAUSE He loves us

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
10 Feb 07

He forgives those who ask...
if we do not ask, how can He forgive?
Hell is a harsh punishment...
but Hell is deserved for breaking God's commands...
only by His forgiveness can we avoid Hell
He is all loving, but he also gave us free will, meaning that if we made the decision to sin, then the punishment of hell is warranted...
however, by asking His forgiveness, He will gladly give us a get out of jail free card BECAUSE He loves us
If for example you had spent your life living in a tribe deep in the heart of the rainforests of Irian Jaya in Indonesia. Living according to your own morals and society having never spoken to a white man or heard of Christianity. Spending your time worshiping an array of different deities as well as hunting and eating people from your enemy tribes. . . .

Would you still have to burn in the pits of hell having never asked for forgiveness (in your own system of religion killing and eating enemy tribesman being a righteous act) being absolutely ignorant of ever committing any sin?

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
10 Feb 07

If for example you had spent your life living in a tribe deep in the heart of the rainforests of Irian Jaya in Indonesia. Living according to your own morals and society having never spoken to a white man or heard of Christianity. Spending your time worshiping an array of different deities as well as hunting and eating people from your enemy tribes. . . .

W ...[text shortened]... ng enemy tribesman being a righteous act) being absolutely ignorant of ever committing any sin?
heh...
i thought this would come up
actually, i don't know...
there is no mention of such cases in the Bible that I have either heard of or come across myself
I personally believe that If a person has never ben made privvy to Jesus and his message, then that person will be shown mercy before God
however, having never heard of such a thing from the Bible, I can not try to convince you of this opinion as though it were fact, because not being in the Bible, it would be incorrect for me to try to present it as fact...
so there...
that is my opinion
would God send a person to hell if that person was never given the chance to make the decision for Christ? I don't think so

interesting point you bring up though, as i have asked several church leaders on this same topic, and none have been able to give a definitive, Bible-backed response

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
10 Feb 07

heh...
i thought this would come up
actually, i don't know...
there is no mention of such cases in the Bible that I have either heard of or come across myself
I personally believe that If a person has never ben made privvy to Jesus and his message, then that person will be shown mercy before God
however, having never heard of such a thing from the B ...[text shortened]... eaders on this same topic, and none have been able to give a definitive, Bible-backed response
I had another thought on the matter.

Imagine for example a missionary entered into the rainforest and made contact with the cannibalistic tribe I described in my last post. First the tribes people are very frightened by the presence of a person in appearance totally alien to any human they have encountered before. The missionary attempts to make contact with the tribe, there is a language barrier, the natives beliefs also tell them that anything outside of there experience is potentially an evil spirit, a dangerous situation for the missionary. The situation breaks down and through overpowering fear of the unknown. (the presence of the missionary) the natives run a spear through the alien and murder him/her.

What would happen to them then. . .Having killed a lay Preacher or missionary would they then go to hell?

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
10 Feb 07

I had another thought on the matter.

Imagine for example a missionary entered into the rainforest and made contact with the cannibalistic tribe I described in my last post. First the tribes people are very frightened by the presence of a person in appearance totally alien to any human they have encountered before. The missionary attempts to make contact wit ...[text shortened]... d happen to them then. . .Having killed a lay Preacher or missionary would they then go to hell?
well, as before, this is a great point...
also, as before, the following is opinion and in no way Bible based, as the Bible makes no references of such an instance that i have heard of...
this is getting ino theory:
supposedly, the natives would have a conscious telling them that killing another person is wrong
with the knowledge that their deed was wrong, maybe they would ask forgiveness...
not necessarily directly to the God I know and worship, as they would have no knowledge of His existence
but maybe they would ask forgiveness from anything...
bah, forget what i just said...
now i'm just openly speculating...
I honestly have no idea what would happen in such a case...
I have no former experience with someone who had never even heard of Jesus...
even those who don't believe that I know... they all at least know of the idea of Jesus, and just decided to not accept Him
umm, i really don't know
what is ur stance on the issue of someone who had never heard of Jesus?

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
11 Feb 07
1 edit

well, as before, this is a great point...
also, as before, the following is opinion and in no way Bible based, as the Bible makes no references of such an instance that i have heard of...
this is getting ino theory:
supposedly, the natives would have a conscious telling them that killing another person is wrong
with the knowledge that their deed was i really don't know
what is ur stance on the issue of someone who had never heard of Jesus?
My stance on the natives (someone) who had never heard of Jesus would be this. . .

The natives in question have their own beliefs differing from the ideas of the missionary. As said have no understanding of the missionary or what he/she was attempting to impart. According to their own religion they would act in an acceptable way. Therefore I would think how could they be judged for killing the missionary?

I also have another thought.

If a translator was present and was able to give the message of God across from the missionary to the natives, how would they receive it. For the first time in the natives history they are being told of a religion that is conflicting to their own. If they on hearing the words from the missionary had taken great offence, by being told that their Gods were not the real God and as punishment for the attack on their religion (according to their system of belief) drove a spear through the missionary would their whole tribe be condemned?

If the tribes people simply did not believe the missionary and at no point considered their way of thinking or their religion was wrong and acted according to that faith, are they punishable?