Take a seat

Take a seat

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
19 Jan 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]No man will make it on their own righteousness.

And yet there is Moses speaking for God in Deuteronomy 30, Isaiah speaking for God in Isaiah 1, God in Ezekiel 33, Jesus in John 5, etc. all saying otherwise.

So you reject Christ and expect to make it?

Ultimately those who REJECT Jesus are those who do not KEEP His commandments.[/b]
Moses could not even make it into the Promise land because of sin, how could he make it into heaven?

w

Moves
19 Jan 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
No they are not.

Let me ask you it another way. How does your 'acceptance of Christ' manifest itself.?

Is it something you say?
It means picking up your cross and following him. as he transforms you.

Again, any good that you do is credited to God's righteousness, not your own.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jan 17

Originally posted by whodey
It means picking up your cross and following him. as he transforms you.

Again, any good that you do is credited to God's righteousness, not your own.
Well that is a vague as you can get. The Catholics pick up their cross on their pendant or make the sign of the cross. How does one follow him?

T

Moves
19 Jan 17
1 edit

Moses could not even make it into the Promise land because of sin, how could he make it into heaven?
You said that earlier. But it still doesn't address what was actually said in Deuteronomy 30. There aren't a lot of options: Moses was lying about speaking for God, God had it wrong, God was lying.

And you still haven't addressed any of these at all: Isaiah speaking for God in Isaiah 1, God in Ezekiel 33, Jesus in John 5, etc. all saying otherwise.

Quite frankly I don't expect you to even try to address any of them in an intellectually honest way. So long as you don't bring them into the light of truth, you can continue to hide them in darkness and pretend that they don't exist. You need the darkness in order to maintain your beliefs.

w

Moves
19 Jan 17
1 edit

Well that is a vague as you can get. The Catholics pick up their cross on their pendant or make the sign of the cross. How does one follow him?
It's a daily walk Raj, full of humility, and Bible study, and surrender to God, and prayer and fellowship with other Christians.

Sorry, no formula to plug numbers into.

w

Moves
19 Jan 17

You said that earlier. But it still doesn't address what was actually said in Deuteronomy 30. There aren't a lot of options: Moses was lying about speaking for God, God had it wrong, God was lying.

And you still haven't addressed any of these at all: Isaiah speaking for God in Isaiah 1, God in Ezekiel 33, Jesus in John 5, etc. all saying otherwise.
...[text shortened]... ness and pretend that they don't exist. You need the darkness in order to maintain your beliefs.
It seems as you are the one with all the answers, so I'll ask you a few questions.

How good does one have to be in order to get into heaven?

Are there any that do no sin? If so, who? You?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jan 17

It's a daily walk Raj, full of humility, and Bible study, and surrender to God, and prayer and fellowship with other Christians.

Sorry, no formula to plug numbers into.
I thought as much. Almost nothing from the teachings of Jesus Christ. Sounds like a lot of church doctrine, which guides people down the path of mouth worship and outward appearances of righteousness.

The real followers of Christ believe in doing what he said.

w

Moves
20 Jan 17
1 edit

I thought as much. Almost nothing from the teachings of Jesus Christ. Sounds like a lot of church doctrine, which guides people down the path of mouth worship and outward appearances of righteousness.

The real followers of Christ believe in doing what he said.
Ovey!

Did I not say following Jesus? Did you interpret that as somehow not following in his footsteps?

Whatever. You are the only Christian on this site apparently. Congrats, you win a cookie.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 17

Ovey!

Did I not say following Jesus? Did you interpret that as somehow not following in his footsteps?

Whatever. You are the only Christian on this site apparently. Congrats, you win a cookie.
You did say following Jesus but that means many things and not necessarily following his commandments.

When I asked for an explanation I was right. Nothing about your ' following Jesus means following commandments.

w

Moves
20 Jan 17

You did say following Jesus but that means many things and not necessarily following his commandments.

When I asked for an explanation I was right. Nothing about your ' following Jesus means following commandments.
How can you follow Jesus while ignoring his commandments?

That makes no sense.

T

Moves
20 Jan 17

It seems as you are the one with all the answers, so I'll ask you a few questions.

Quite frankly I don't expect you to even try to address any of them in an intellectually honest way. So long as you don't bring them into the light of truth, ...[text shortened]... darkness and pretend that they don't exist. You need the darkness in order to maintain your beliefs.

Seems as this is yet another way to avoid actually addressing Moses speaking for God in Deuteronomy 30, Isaiah speaking for God in Isaiah 1, God in Ezekiel 33, Jesus in John 5, etc. all saying otherwise to your assertion that "No man will make it on their own righteousness".

It's about becoming righteous, i.e., no longer committing sin, which you'd know if you'd read the passages cited above.

Here's another with Jesus speaking:
Matthew 13
. 41“The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43“Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Those who truly have God as Lord. The true disciples of Jesus.

Genesis 26
4“I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws.”

Luke 1
5In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. 6They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.

w

Moves
20 Jan 17

[b]It seems as you are the one with all the answers, so I'll ask you a few questions.

Seems as this is yet another way to avoid actually addressing Moses speaking for God in Deuteronomy 30, Isaiah speaking for God in Isaiah 1, God in Ezekiel 33, Jesus in John 5, etc. all saying otherwise to your assertion that "No man will make it on their own rig ...[text shortened]... sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord. [/quote][/b]
Moses was not allowed to enter the Promise Land because he had sinned. Was he not righteous enough do you reckon? Why was that exactly? Was Moses righteous enough to enter heaven but not the Promise land? If so, why?

Was the thief on the cross next to Jesus righteous enough to enter heaven? If so, what exactly did he do to earn heaven?

So according to you, all one has to do is simply stop sinning and heaven will await them? Why then did Jesus come and die on the cross for our sins?

Why did Jesus say that he who sins is a slave of sin? Can a slave be free to do as they wish? And why does Jesus say that he has the power to set the captives free if we have that power ourselves?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 17

How can you follow Jesus while ignoring his commandments?

That makes no sense.
Your version of following Jesus has nothing to do with commandments. Please read over what you wrote.

For you it is about : .. humility, and Bible study, and surrender to God, and prayer and fellowship with other Christians.

Nothing about following commandments.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 17
2 edits

Read what God said in Ezekiel 33. What do you think God says is required so that "“None of his sins that he has committed will be remembered against him"?

Jesus echoes it here:
John 5
. 28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

The resurrection of life is the resurrection of believers in Christ before the millennium (Rev. 20:4;, 6; 1 Cor. 15:23, 52; 1 Thes. 416) .

The resurrection of judgment is the resurrection of unbelievers who have perished takes place after the millennium (Rev. 20:5,12).

In this passage which you are trying to use to say your good deeds will atone for your sins, the good are those who have believed in Christ. They have passed from death to life already and will not come into eternal judgment per verse 24:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, He who hears My word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life, and does not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." (verse 24)

1.) These believers HEAR the words of Jesus and BELIEVE both Christ and God Who sent Christ.

2.) Because of this hearing and believing they HAVE then eternal life.

3.) They have PASSED out of death into life.

4.) They will not come into eternal judgment.

Therefore they have done the "good" which qualifies them to physically resurrect to the first resurrection before the millennium;

"Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming win which all in the tombs will hear His voice and will come forth: those who have done good, to the resurrection of life ..." (v.28,29a)

The unbelievers are "those who have practiced evil", specifically the evil of unbelief in Christ. Together they resurrect AFTER the millennium unto eternal damnation.

" ... and those who have practiced evil, to the resurrection of judgment." (v.29b)

The TWO resurrections are separated by at least 1,000 years as proved by Revelation 20:4-6

" ... and they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not live again until; the thousand years were completed.

This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, ..."

This post is a concise reply to your treatment of John 5:28,29. It does not purport to deal with all issues related to this matter.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 17

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] Read what God said in Ezekiel 33. What do you think God says is required so that "“None of his sins that he has committed will be remembered against him"?

Jesus echoes it here:
John 5
. 28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to ...[text shortened]... ment of [b]John 5:28,29
. It does not purport to deal with all issues related to this matter.[/b]
Did the bible say this : The unbelievers are "those who have practiced evil", specifically the evil of unbelief in Christ.