1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 05:05
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I won't answer every question you ask. Why should I answer any of your questions?

You of all people should know why, because of what Jesus told his followers to not do. The more you talk the harder it is for me to believe you ever took anything Jesus said seriously. I'm trying to believe you, but how can anyone have been a Christian for nearly 30 years and know so little about what it means to be a Christian?
    My Christian faith was based on what I saw as being the rock solid evidence provided by the Bible. If you don't accept the Bible as evidence supporting Christian doctrine, what evidence is your Christian faith based on?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 05:06
    You of all people should know why, because of what Jesus told his followers to not do.
    What evidence do you have of "what Jesus told his followers to not do"? Where did you get this evidence?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 05:07
    The more you talk the harder it is for me to believe you ever took anything Jesus said seriously.
    Where do you get your evidence of what Jesus supposedly said?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 05:08
    I'm trying to believe you, but how can anyone have been a Christian for nearly 30 years and know so little about what it means to be a Christian?
    Evidence of "what it means to be a Christian" is found in the Bible, is it not?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 10:27
    Taking that out of context was cute, but get real. I was rejecting your definition of the word 'evidence'. I repeatedly explained that I do not accept anything as evidence that isn't actually evidence. If you simply tell me about something, that is not evidence of the thing you are telling me about... do you get it now?

The Bible is a book, and you wer ...[text shortened]... ng[/i] to believe, rather than going to all the trouble of seeking and finding out for yourself?
    I have not lost my faith.

If you do not accept the bible as evidence, then on what do you base your faith?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 11:04
    [b]This is all mere deflection.

Deflection from what?[/b]
    You have been asked repeatedly on what basis you claim your faith? You have stated that you do not accept the Bible as evidence of Christians claims about Christ. You have ignored my pointed questions, deflected and dodged for page after page. And now you are asking "what deflection".

Frankly, your just being dishonest.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 11:32
    I won't answer every question you ask. Why should I answer any of your questions?

You of all people should know why, because of what Jesus told his followers to not do. The more you talk the harder it is for me to believe you ever took anything Jesus said seriously. I'm trying to believe you, but how can anyone have been a Christian for nearly 30 years and know so little about what it means to be a Christian?
    how can anyone have been a Christian for nearly 30 years and know so little about what it means to be a Christian?

'therein lies the rub'
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 13:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how can anyone have been a Christian for nearly 30 years and know so little about what it means to be a Christian?

'therein lies the rub'
    I know that without the evidence about the life of Jesus presented in the Bible there is no Christianity and there is no Christian faith.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 05:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You have been asked repeatedly on what basis you claim your faith? You have stated that you do not accept the Bible as evidence of Christians claims about Christ. You have ignored my pointed questions, deflected and dodged for page after page. And now you are asking "what deflection".

When I was a Christian, I accepted what I saw as the word of God, that is to say the Bible, as being evidence to support Christian doctrine and the Christian way of life. I still accept that it is the evidence upon which Christianity is founded.

Lemon lime, on the other hand, while claiming to be a Christian, does not accept the Bible as being evidence to support Christian doctrine; he made it clear ~ he doesn't accept it, and he didn't accept it before he believed in God and he still doesn't accept it now. They were his words. His stance, funnily enough, appears to be virtually non-Christian, while mine ~ that of an ex-Christian ~ is more or less the Christian one.

Having said that, I suspect that what happened is he got himself into a rhetorical tangle, got confused about what the word "evidence" actually means, said some stuff he is unable to explain or apply, and has decided to simply swing his disingenuous brass balls around his head. 😀
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 05:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    When I was a Christian, I accepted what I saw as the word of God, that is to say the Bible, as being evidence to support Christian doctrine and the Christian way of life. I still accept that it is the evidence upon which Christianity is founded.

Lemon lime, on the other hand, while claiming to be a Christian, does not accept the Bible as being evidence to su ...[text shortened]... plain or apply, and has decided to simply swing his disingenuous brass balls around his head. 😀
    He'll be back once he's secured his underpants around waist height.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 05:58
    Ah, there he is now.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 05:45
    Ah, there he is now.
    Where? Where is he? Oh, you mean me...

So, have you two figured it out yet?*

*rhetorical question
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 05:50
    So, have you two figured it out yet?
    I can't speak for divegeester, but I reckon you got into a bit of tangle in your eagerness to land a couple of forum punches and you [with your essentially non-Christian stance towards the Bible] are simply trying to brazen it out with deflections, dodges and wafflesome attempts to be "funny"? Would that be about right? 😉
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 06:08

You have been asked repeatedly on what basis you claim your faith?

This is a question I wouldn't hesitate answering a fellow Christian... but how do you figure it's any of your business? This is an inquisition with no teeth whatsoever, so how do you figure to force it out of me?

If you don't know what I believe (or why) then you are not who you say you are. FMF has been more forthright about what he believes than you have been, and quite frankly I don't believe either one of you... I've seen no evidence* of FMFs' past affiliation with a former belief or your own affiliation with an implied presently held belief.

*where's the beef?
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 06:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can't speak for divegeester, but I reckon you got into a bit of tangle in your eagerness to land a couple of forum punches and you [with your essentially non-Christian stance towards the Bible] are simply trying to brazen it out with deflections, dodges and wafflesome attempts to be "funny"? Would that be about right? 😉
    And I reckon you will only 'see' whatever you want to see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree