The ascension

The ascension

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 23

The bible describes the disciples observing the physical body of Jesus ascending into the sky.

Where did he physically go.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Feb 23

@divegeester said
The bible describes the disciples observing the physical body of Jesus ascending into the sky.

To be with His Father and to prepare a place for those entering the Kingdom of God. Let me know if you want the reference.

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said

Presumably, the text is claiming that Jesus left the troposphere. Did he reach the exosphere or stop at the thermosphere? We just don't know. My gut tells me he went beyond the stratosphere and the mesosphere. These layers are based on temperature but the witnesses may not have been mindful of this. Another thought is: surely he went out beyond the magnetosphere, right?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
To be with His Father and to prepare a place for those entering the Kingdom of God. Let me know if you want the reference.
The question in the op is asking where Jesus physically went, not who he went to be with or why.

Let me know if you need further explanation.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
The question in the op is asking where Jesus physically went, not who he went to be with or why.

Omnipresence

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23
1 edit

@mike69 said
Omnipresence
Where did Jesus physical body go when the disciples watched him ascend into the sky?

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
Where did Jesus physical body go when the disciples watched him ascend into the sky?
All the things around us we don’t know or even understand about ourselves in true reality and you ask me this. Do you have an idea or if it even matters.

Moves
11 Feb 23

Was it for us, did Jesus have to be visible at this time?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

@mike69 said
All the things around us we don’t know or even understand about ourselves in true reality and you ask me this.
I’m only asking because you commented in my thread.

If you don’t want to join in the discussion then try to refrain from posting and indicating that you do. It’s not a complicated process.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

@mike69 said
Do you have an idea or if it even matters.
Yes I do.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

@mike69 said
Was it for us, did Jesus have to be visible at this time?
If one takes the account literally then he clearly was visible and therefore visible deliberately as he could have simply vanished as he is recorded as doing on more than one occasion.

So we can assume that, if literal, then the view of his physical body rising slowly into the sky was for the benefit of the onlookers.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
I’m only asking because you commented in my thread.

If you don’t want to join in the discussion then try to refrain from posting and indicating that you do. It’s not a complicated process.
What are you talking about?? I posted with my understanding as everyone else here does and no other reason at all. Your question seemed obvious to me making me want more true direction from your post. THATS IT!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said

He went to be with His Father. If anyone claims to know exactly where that is then that man is delusional.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

@rajk999 said
He went to be with His Father. If anyone claims to know exactly where that is then that man is delusional.
My OP is asking where his physical body went, not who he went to be with. But thank you for repeating what you said earlier anyway.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 23

@mike69 said
What are you talking about?? I posted with my understanding as everyone else here does and no other reason at all. Your question seemed obvious to me making me want more true direction from your post. THATS IT!
I was replying to this

All the things around us we don’t know or even understand about ourselves in true reality and you ask me this.

I was explaining that wasn’t “asking you”, specifically. You joined the thread of your own volition.