The ascension

The ascension

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
It is literal, if anything possibly another message of the living word being to focus, look upward, as in life, spirituality, guidance and on.
So if he literally and physically went "up", where did it go?

As I say, it sounds like storytelling / allegory to me, written decades and decades after the events supposedly happened.

Another example of this would be Matthew 27:53. It's surely just a number of melodramatic metaphors that are intended - by the writers, who are setting up a breakaway religion - to signify how supernaturally momentous the moment supposedly was.

Moves
14 Feb 23

@fmf said
You're selling yourself short with posts like this.
??
I was proving a point about how well guessing what something means works out, especially when twisted for your own gain.

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
??
I was proving a point about how well guessing what something means works out, especially when twisted for your own gain.
I was referring to your personalized topic-bypassing banter and your peculiar animosity. You are clearly capable of being a more substantial poster.

Moves
14 Feb 23

@fmf said
I was referring to your personalized topic-bypassing banter and your peculiar animosity. You are clearly capable of being a more substantial poster.
I’m not trying to be rude it is how I see your spirituality post. Baiting without being forthcoming, won’t say why, or any kind of return openness from either of you. It makes these post seem very dishonest. You can do much better, try listening and responding in a truthful manner and things would change. At this point we can agree to disagree or find similarities with no what you call banter or issues. It’s ok to disagree, but these traits are very unappealing or attractive for understanding and acceptance of one another or even discussing things openly from either poster.

Moves
14 Feb 23

@fmf said
So if he literally and physically went "up", where did it go?

As I say, it sounds like storytelling / allegory to me, written decades and decades after the events supposedly happened.

Another example of this would be Matthew 27:53. It's surely just a number of melodramatic metaphors that are intended - by the writers, who are setting up a breakaway religion - to signify how supernaturally momentous the moment supposedly was.
Christ body and whatever else within you might be referring to went where, how God choose at that time in whatever way he needed while bringing his broken son home to his father and for us.
I’m more concerned about Jesus accepting our sins and asking his father to forgive us for we no not what we did.

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
I’m not trying to be rude it is how I see your spirituality post. Baiting without being forthcoming, won’t say why, or any kind of return openness from either of you. It makes these post seem very dishonest. You can do much better, try listening and responding in a truthful manner and things would change. At this point we can agree to disagree or find similarities with no ...[text shortened]... for understanding and acceptance of one another or even discussing things openly from either poster.
very dishonest... very unappealing... stupid pointless... your small brain... stupidity... childish... dumb threads... moron... you’re a moron... you are a coward deep inside... [you are] a person without truth and honesty... no truth, honesty, integrity... delusional... [you are] not being honest...

I am not interested in banter like this.

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
I’m more concerned about Jesus accepting our sins and asking his father to forgive us for we no not what we did.
Well, an allegory is all that is needed for this message. The writers obviously had their motivations to big it up and talk about witnesses.

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
Christ body and whatever else within you might be referring to went where, how God choose at that time in whatever way he needed while bringing his broken son home to his father and for us.
So if Jesus literally and physically went "up", where did it go? Is his "home" in the sky like in all those ancient and medieval paintings?

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
I’m not trying to be rude it is how I see your spirituality post. Baiting without being forthcoming, won’t say why, or any kind of return openness from either of you. It makes these post seem very dishonest. You can do much better, try listening and responding in a truthful manner and things would change. At this point we can agree to disagree or find similarities with no ...[text shortened]... for understanding and acceptance of one another or even discussing things openly from either poster.
I’m not trying to be rude it is how I see your spirituality post.

Then perhaps you should ignore my threads and my posts. Your contributions only gain a bit of value when you set the animosity and banter aside.

Moves
14 Feb 23

@fmf said
Well, an allegory is all that is needed for this message. The writers obviously had their motivations to big it up and talk about witnesses.
You’re last two post do nothing but confirm everything I’ve been trying to explain to you nicely in my last few messages without lies, with truth.

The only thing you’re continuing to do is prove that, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it’s fmf and the Gooster!

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
You’re last two post do nothing but confirm everything I’ve been trying to explain to you nicely in my last few messages without lies, with truth.

The only thing you’re continuing to do is prove that, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it’s fmf and the Gooster!
As I have said, your banter is not interesting. Ignore the content of my on-topic posts if you want. It's OK.

Moves
14 Feb 23

@fmf said
As I have said, your banter is not interesting. Ignore the content of my on-topic posts if you want. It's OK.
I don’t choose anything about you it’s only your misleading post???? It’s also what they could do to a Christian struggling or weak in faith at a certain time and misleading to new Christian’s seeking the Lord. Another thing is your misrepresentation of the Bible from an atheist pov, it’s just more of the same re-education seen in schools and media for adults custom made as people like you see fit to fulfill your needs and ideas.

Moves
14 Feb 23

😘

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
I don’t choose anything about you it’s only your misleading post???? It’s also what they could do to a Christian struggling or weak in faith at a certain time and misleading to new Christian’s seeking the Lord. Another thing is your misrepresentation of the Bible from an atheist pov, it’s just more of the same re-education seen in schools and media for adults custom made as people like you see fit to fulfill your needs and ideas.
It’s also what they could do to a Christian struggling or weak in faith at a certain time and misleading to new Christian’s seeking the Lord.

Such Christians would be well advised to go to Christian websites or message boards.

F

Moves
14 Feb 23

@mike69 said
Another thing is your misrepresentation of the Bible from an atheist pov, it’s just more of the same re-education seen in schools and media for adults custom made as people like you see fit to fulfill your needs and ideas.
Well, this is a forum for discussion and debate by people with diverse views. I have not misrepresented anything and I am certainly not misrepresenting my own views on the Bible.