The best thing about being dead...

The best thing about being dead...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
So, until I hear from someone dead that they know whether or not they are, your assertion that they "don't know about it" has no credibility.
The burden of proof is yours, regardless of whether you think my lack of belief has credibility.

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 May 23

@fmf said
[Thought exercise] Would you continue to worship your God figure if you found out or realized that there was no afterlife?
I tried to get KJ to answer that and he wouldn’t. I don’t think you’ll get a straight answer of josephw either.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 23

@moonbus said
I tried to get KJ to answer that and he wouldn’t. I don’t think you’ll get a straight answer of josephw either.
We never really get a straight answer from either of them when you think about it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said

Biblically, one is dead "spiritually" with regards to having a personal relationship with God.
Nothing like this is in the bible.
This is your church doctrine.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 May 23

@fmf said
The question is for you, it's the thread question, it's the topic: What credible evidence is there that gives validity to the idea that we are aware that we're dead after we die? This is the question you are being asked.
No it isn't.

You made the assertion that the dead don't know they're dead in your OP.

You must first give credible evidence that that is true before you can ask for credible evidence that it's not.

Otherwise you're just talking gibberish.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 May 23

@fmf said
So, you have no evidence?
What "evidence" are you looking for?

If the best thing about being dead is not knowing about it, and that's your assertion, then prove it.

I already told you that the evidence for the dead knowing about being dead is an empty tomb. (You know what I'm talking about, so don't be disingenuous) But since you don't get it you're in a quandary about it, reaching for something to inform you that death isn't final.

Just admit it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
I already told you that the evidence for the dead knowing about being dead is an empty tomb.
Could you show us this “empty tomb” evidence please?

F

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
You made the assertion that the dead don't know they're dead in your OP.
Well, people live and die. There's no credible evidence that consciousness continues after their brains stop and the corpse is incinerated or buried in the ground and rots. It is you who makes the claim, despite all this, that all the people whose lives ended leaving behind only corpses or ashes continue to perceive themselves as having died. So, what evidence have you got?

F

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
What "evidence" are you looking for?
What have you got?

F

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
I already told you that the evidence for the dead knowing about being dead is an empty tomb.
You mean a tomb or grave in which a person's corpse has completely rotted away and therefore the grave/tomb has become empty? When this happens to me one day, you think it will be evidence that I will still be conscious and aware that I'm dead?

F

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
If the best thing about being dead is not knowing about it, and that's your assertion, then prove it.
The OP has asked you if there is credible evidence that I am wrong. You've mentioned "the sign of Jonah" and "the empty tomb" but simply mentioning little phrases from your religious doctrine, while perhaps being relevant to your aspirations or your superstitious disposition, it isn't evidence.

F

Moves
02 May 23
2 edits

@josephw said
No it isn't.
@josephw said
No it isn't [the question I am being asked by this OP]

Yes, it is. Look at the top of page 1. The question is for you, it's the thread's question, it's the topic: What credible evidence is there that gives validity to the idea that we are aware that we're dead after we die? This is the question you are being asked. Just saying "No it isn't" buys you how much time?

You must first give credible evidence that that [your belief] is true before you can ask for credible evidence that it's not.

But, I am not trying to persuade you ~ with "evidence" ~ to believe anything, josephw. I am entirely comfortable with the notion that my death will be the end of me and I do not need you to share that belief. I am simply asking you if you have any evidence that my belief about myself is wrong.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 May 23

@rajk999 said
Nothing like this is in the bible.
This is your church doctrine.
Deceiver, so worried about what is in the Bible in one breath, and the next belittle those who believe it is the written Word of God. Hypocrite makes claims and doesn't trust the very source of truth you get your claims from.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 May 23

@kellyjay said
Deceiver, so worried about what is in the Bible in one breath, and the next belittle those who believe it is the written Word of God.
But you yourself have acknowledged that the book called “the bible” is not the inerrant, complete and exclusive “written word of god” KellyJay.

F

Moves
02 May 23
2 edits

@divegeester said
But you yourself have acknowledged that the book called “the bible” is not the inerrant, complete and exclusive “written word of god” KellyJay.
Thread 195809 page 10, KellyJay's third post.

KellyJay is

[1] pretending the exchange never happened [i.e. just blanking it out like a child], and

[2] converting the fact he is pretending the exchange never happened into a "KellyJay fact" that would have himself believe that the exchange never happened in order to hide behind it and call you a liar.

For whose consumption is his performative dishonesty?