The best thing about being dead...

The best thing about being dead...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 Apr 23

@divegeester said
Why can’t people “talk about scriptures” unless it “matters to them”?

Why is it “deceitful” if they do?

What do you mean by “matters to them”? Surely scripture “matters to” an atheist historian?
It is, for better and worse, one of the essential works of Western culture. One doesn’t have to believe a word of it to recognize its historical significance.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Apr 23

@rajk999 said
Its the modus operandi of bible worshippers. They think the bible belong to them and nobody else can comment on it.
Thing is, your comments on the Bible contradict what it says.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Apr 23

@fmf said
...is that you don't know about it.

Or is there credible evidence that I am wrong?
An empty grave.

It is the only credible evidence (the sign of Jonah) anyone is going to get.

But once one sees the light a new spiritual dimension becomes visible.

F

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said
An empty grave.

For all intents and purposes, my grave will be "empty" once my corpse has rotted away. How can that possibly be touted as evidence that I will know I am dead AFTER I die? Perhaps you didn't understand the OP's question.

F

Moves
30 Apr 23

@fmf said
...is that you don't know about it.

Or is there credible evidence that I am wrong?
[1] "I don't believe there is life after death"

...is very different from...

[2] "I believe there is no life after death".

I am a no,[1] and not no.[2]

The burden of proof falls upon those who say "I believe there is life after death" AND "I believe you must act upon this fact while you are still alive".

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Apr 23
1 edit

@josephw said
You master the art of posting and saying nothing. A man who has a point to make would say instead ... your coments on the Bible contradict what it says because the bible says ............................................................. and you say ................................................... But we understand your dilema. You want to be heard but your brain just does not help you out.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 23

@rajk999 said
You master the art of posting and saying nothing. A man who has a point to make would say instead ... your coments on the Bible contradict what it says because the bible says ............................................................. and you say ................................................... But we understand your dilema. You want to be heard but your brain just does not help you out.
Still talking about the Bible, why again do you do that?

F

Moves
30 Apr 23

@kellyjay said
Don't be so disingenuous, KellyJay. He's a follower of Jesus, regardless of whether or not you agree with - or approve of - what this entails for him. I have never seen him promote anything that does not explicitly originate from the teachings of Jesus that are laid out in the Bible.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said
So do many of yours.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23

@kellyjay said
Do you feel that only those people who adhere to your particular interpretation of of the Bible should be permitted to “talk about” it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said
An empty grave.

Is this the best you can come up with for “evidence” that Jesus rose from the dead … a now non-existent burial site?

Really!?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23
1 edit

@rajk999 said
It is the death throes of a version of Christianity which is threadbare, hackneyed, tawdry, exhausted of ideas and spiritual power.

God will move again and all this evangelical right-wing bible-bashing “Jesus loves you but he will burn you in hell if you don’t love him back” nonsense will be swept away like detritus left by the last tide.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said
An empty grave.

The “sign of Jonah” is not the empty grave, it is the resurrected living Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23
1 edit

Oh look … I’m talking about the bible even through I don’t have KellyJay’s approval.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Apr 23

@divegeester said
Is this the best you can come up with for “evidence” that Jesus rose from the dead … a now non-existent burial site?

Really!?
Ahemm, no, not an empty grave. Not even that is extant. What we have is a STORY about a supposedly empty grave. A story, written at the earliest 80 yrs. after the supposed event, not by an eyewitness, which has been redacted an unknown number of times. THAT is the best they can come up with. I don’t call that evidence at all. I call that a story standing in need of evidence.