The best thing about being dead...

The best thing about being dead...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Apr 23

@fmf said
For all intents and purposes, my grave will be "empty" once my corpse has rotted away. How can that possibly be touted as evidence that I will know I am dead AFTER I die? Perhaps you didn't understand the OP's question.
You didn't understand the answer.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Apr 23

@divegeester said
So do many of yours.
Go ahead and defend Rajk's mischaracterizations of scripture if you will.

I pity you for it. But if you insist, please explain how the following quote from Rajk has any biblical credibility.

"There are lots of stories [both now and in the bible] about people reincarnating, about ghosts, about dead ones contacting the living viceverse as well ... but for the believing Christian who lives a righteous life, death means you go to be with Christ, wherever that is, and stay there until judgment day. Not at all saying all these stories are credible".

F

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said
You didn't understand the answer.
I did understand what you posted. It's just that it would be more interesting if you addressed the thread topic.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said
What I posted wasn’t defending rajk999 at all, it was pointing out that you do the same as he.

Deflect all you want.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said

I pity you for it.
LOL, now you’ve really upset me!

What’s next your usual straightforward abuse?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Apr 23

@josephw said

I pity you for it. But if you insist, please explain how the following quote from Rajk has any biblical credibility.

"There are lots of stories [both now and in the bible] about people reincarnating, about ghosts, about dead ones contacting the living viceverse as well ... but for the believing ...[text shortened]... r that is, and stay there until judgment day. Not at all saying all these stories are credible".
Reincarnation - The disciples said that Elias came as John the Baptist. Jesus confirmed that Elias did come and they did with him as they pleased.

Ghosts & Witches & Speaking to the Dead - the Witch of Endor called Samuels ghost and spoke to him.

Do you need references ? Its all in the bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Apr 23

@divegeester said
What I posted wasn’t defending rajk999 at all, it was pointing out that you do the same as he.

Deflect all you want.
The man comes on here and posts nothing of value or substance. Hopefully he will disappear again soon.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 23

@rajk999 said
Reincarnation - The disciples said that Elias came as John the Baptist. Jesus confirmed that Elias did come and they did with him as they pleased.

Ghosts & Witches & Speaking to the Dead - the Witch of Endor called Samuels ghost and spoke to him.

Do you need references ? Its all in the bible.
Deciever, pointing to the Bible, you act as if that book matters to you. False and deceptive you are.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 23

@kellyjay said
Deciever, pointing to the Bible, you act as if that book matters to you.
Do you feel that only those people who adhere to your particular interpretation of of the Bible should be permitted to “point to it”?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 23

@kellyjay said
False and deceptive you are.
Talk like Yoda, you are.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 May 23

@fmf said
I did understand what you posted. It's just that it would be more interesting if you addressed the thread topic.
"The best thing about being dead... ...is that you don't know about it."

"Or is there credible evidence that I am wrong?"

Interesting assertion. The question though is questionable.

What "credible evidence" is there to be had that gives validity to the idea that one doesn't know they're dead?

Biblically, one is dead "spiritually" with regards to having a personal relationship with God.

Physical death of the body doesn't necessarily mean the personality ceases to exist, but obviously no longer has the capacity to communicate with the living "credible evidence" that they know whether or not they are dead.

So, until I hear from someone dead that they know whether or not they are, your assertion that they "don't know about it" has no credibility.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 May 23

@fmf said
It's just that it would be more interesting if you addressed the thread topic.
It would be even more interesting if you would say that to the others posting in your thread that haven't.

F

Moves
01 May 23
1 edit

@josephw said
What "credible evidence" is there to be had that gives validity to the idea that one doesn't know they're dead?
The question is for you, it's the thread question, it's the topic: What credible evidence is there that gives validity to the idea that we are aware that we're dead after we die? This is the question you are being asked.

F

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
Physical death of the body doesn't necessarily mean the personality ceases to exist, but obviously no longer has the capacity to communicate with the living "credible evidence" that they know whether or not they are dead.
So, you have no evidence?

F

Moves
01 May 23

@josephw said
It would be even more interesting if you would say that to the others posting in your thread that haven't.
[Thought exercise] Would you continue to worship your God figure if you found out or realized that there was no afterlife?