1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 17:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, yes that is correct i am a sinner, whether i have belittled anything which is Holy remains to be seen, these types of experiences are after all, purely subjective and almost impossible to corroborate.
    Look at the verbage you used to question me, do you think mocking God like
    that was wise?
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 17:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So was this stranger a spirit or fleshly being? I'm not trying to pry into your private life but I still don't understand. Is everyone else who believes they are saved go thru this too?
    Wow, you don't understand salvation and being Spirit Filled?
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 18:03
    Very interesting. I'm not one to knock what one see's or hears or experiances from a spiritual perspective at all.
    But Kelly hasn't answred yet and probably will but I'm still not sure if someone else like a priest is involved in this experiance. Let me know....Thanks.
    The thing you need to grasp is God calls us, we answer, and a relationship starts.
    Asking God into your life is just the beginning, you become a living temple of the
    Most High God. How is this is something you have to ask about? This is not an
    event anyone except Jesus Christ can do for you, if your right standing with God is
    due to something or someone else, than your righteousness before God is just
    that, due to something or someone else! Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior no
    one or nothing else cleans us from our guilt before God, not some priest, pastor,
    rite, church, or organization! Jesus is the corner stone, He is the one that won our
    salvation, on the day of judgment you either know Him or you do not.
    Kelly
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 18:37
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The thing you need to grasp is God calls us, we answer, and a relationship starts.
    Asking God into your life is just the beginning, you become a living temple of the
    Most High God. How is this is something you have to ask about? This is not an
    event anyone except Jesus Christ can do for you, if your right standing with God is
    due to something or someone ...[text shortened]... he one that won our
    salvation, on the day of judgment you either know Him or you do not.
    Kelly
    Well agian you had mentioned that someone else was in this house with you and it just made me wonder who it was as if this other person was instrumentel in you being saved. So I'm still questioning that but won't press that question anymore at this time.
    So I have to ask the question then are you one of the 144,000 that the Bible speaks about and of them hearing his voice and knowing what their future life and duties will be in heaven? Do you know what those duties will be? Thanks...
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 18:41
    Well agian you had mentioned that someone else was in this house with you and it just made me wonder who it was as if this other person was instrumentel in you being saved. So I'm still questioning that but won't press that question anymore at this time.
    So I have to ask the question then are you one of the 144,000 that the Bible speaks about and of th ...[text shortened]... eir future life and duties will be in heaven? Do you know what those duties will be? Thanks...
    You should read the book of Acts cover to cover in prayer.
    I'll answer you questions as best I can, but it sounds like you need God too.
    Kelly
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 18:50
    You should read the book of Acts cover to cover in prayer.
    I'll answer you questions as best I can, but it sounds like you need God too.
    Kelly
    I have but could you answer my last questions? Thanks.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 19:51
    If you believe that God will only save one hundred fourty-four thousand then what is the point for you even being a JW? Because I can tell you that you are not one of them. No offense.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 20:091 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If you believe that God will only save one hundred fourty-four thousand then what is the point for you even being a JW? Because I can tell you that you are not one of them. No offense.
    That's not what I'm implying. Did Jesus not speak of two groups of followers that would gain both everlasting salvation for one and of everlast life for the other?
    There is actually a differance in those two terms. One group does get the gift of immortality that only God and Jesus posses but something the angels do not have offered to them.
    The large crowd that are allowed to live thru armegeddon and into the paradise that even Jesus mentioned, can live forever as long as they obey God. That will never change.
    He spoke of a "little flock" and he spoke of a "large crowd that no one could number."
    So you have the large crowd that has no number applied to it and Jesus specifically mentioned that point, but then he said there would be a little flock. He did not specifically say that number himself but it is later described in Revelation by John by visions from God. Those visions were given for a reason.
    Again Jesus did not mention that the little flock had unlimited numbers as he did with the large crowd. That's a very important issue.
    So no I am not part of the 144,000 and don't have that desire but I hope to gain the chance to live forever on this planet as God designed and planed for all humans to live on.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 01:19
    I think you should do it again and again, and each time try to read it without
    anyone or anything telling you what it all means. Instead, get by yourself and
    ask God to show you what He wants you to see. I'd also make it a point to
    read a couple of translations as well. I will answer your questions, and if they
    are the personal type, send me a mail.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 01:29
    So I have to ask the question then are you one of the 144,000 that the Bible speaks about and of th ...[text shortened]... eir future life and duties will be in heaven? Do you know what those duties will be? Thanks...
    Your questions:

Yes there were others in the house with me, but I didn't know them before
    that day, and they have not been a part of my life for over 25 years now.
    Who they are and all they did really are not that important, what you need to
    know is that I asked God in Jesus' name to forgive me, to be the Lord of my
    life, and to fill me with His Spirit. From that time forward I have been a
    Christian, it was not due to "their" teachings, it was because God changed me
    from what I was.

That 144,000, I'm not worthy:

Revelation 14

1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

5And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 01:30
    Anything I need to address I have not, ask again please I'll try.
    Kelly
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 19:15
    I think you should do it again and again, and each time try to read it without
    anyone or anything telling you what it all means. Instead, get by yourself and
    ask God to show you what He wants you to see. I'd also make it a point to
    read a couple of translations as well. I will answer your questions, and if they
    are the personal type, send me a mail.
    Kelly
    I'll message you later. Thanks.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 19:42
    So somebody saved you? Who was it?
    I'd say "Jesus" was a safe bet. Why pretend you don't know who he meant?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 19:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, perhaps a dove descended and the heavens were opened
    There are times when we (I) trivialise ourselves; but to trivialise the Almighty, especially with your knowledge of scripture is not a good read.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 19:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There are times when we (I) trivialise ourselves; but to trivialise the Almighty, especially with your knowledge of scripture is not a good read.
    Trivialise? You say trivialise? Why are these scriptures trivialised by so many?

Matt 24:14 & 28: 19, 20? Not doing these trivialise the whole Bible as well as Jesus's death.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree