The book of Acts

The book of Acts

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Perhaps you missed these scriptures. I hope you read them and have a responce as you just said they are only Jews.......

Jehovah therefore extended the invitation to the Gentiles. (John 1:10-13; Acts 2:4, 7-11; Romans 11:7) As in the case of the Ephesians, who previously had been “alienated from the state of Israel,” now non-Jews could be sealed wit ...[text shortened]... ngdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”—Revelation 5:9, 10.
didn't miss them, I'm just not about to write a doctoral thesis and post it here in the threads. I refuted one part of your argument, therefore your argument as a whole does not stand.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by duecer
didn't miss them, I'm just not about to write a doctoral thesis and post it here in the threads. I refuted one part of your argument, therefore your argument as a whole does not stand.
Oh so just because you disagree with one part that means all the rest is wrong too? Wow.
What part have you agreed with may I ask?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
23 Nov 10

Sorry to all of you if I'm not responding to every thought. To much here to respond to all said.

But here is an explination for those "standing before the throne."

The key to the identification of the “great crowd” is found within the description of them in Revelation chapter 7 and in obviously parallel passages. Revelation 7:15-17 speaks of God ...[text shortened]... .
So if this judging has not happened yet, how can one be judghed now and already saved?
none of this is worth responding to unless you can prove that the 144,000 are anyone but 144,000 unmarried male Jews. So far you have not done so. If the number is exact and literal then the qualifications are as well

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
23 Nov 10

Oh so just because you disagree with one part that means all the rest is wrong too? Wow.
What part have you agreed with may I ask?
That Jesus' sacrifice covers more than 144,000.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Nov 10

That Jesus' sacrifice covers more than 144,000.
That's a start...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Nov 10
1 edit

none of this is worth responding to unless you can prove that the 144,000 are anyone but 144,000 unmarried male Jews. So far you have not done so. If the number is exact and literal then the qualifications are as well
Jehovah therefore extended the invitation to the Gentiles. (John 1:10-13; Acts 2:4, 7-11; Romans 11:7) As in the case of the Ephesians, who previously had been “alienated from the state of Israel,” now non-Jews could be sealed with God’s spirit and become part of the congregation of anointed Christians. (Ephesians 2:11-13; 3:5, 6; Acts 15:14) It is appropriate, then, for the 24 elders to sing before the Lamb: “With your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”—Revelation 5:9, 10.

You must have missed these scriptures that I just posted. So is this invitation to all and not just the Jews?
Please expalin why you don't believe this.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
23 Nov 10

Jehovah therefore extended the invitation to the Gentiles. (John 1:10-13; Acts 2:4, 7-11; Romans 11:7) As in the case of the Ephesians, who previously had been “alienated from the state of Israel,” now non-Jews could be sealed with God’s spirit and become part of the congregation of anointed Christians. (Ephesians 2:11-13; 3:5, 6; Acts 15:14) It is appro ...[text shortened]... o is this invitation to all and not just the Jews?
Please expalin why you don't believe this.
The difference is that I believe that all who hold faith in Jesus are promised salvation, not just 144,000

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Nov 10

The difference is that I believe that all who hold faith in Jesus are promised salvation, not just 144,000
Your absolutley right. All humans have that hope. But again....Jesus only ever mentioned (((((((((((((((( 2 ))))))))))))))))))) groups of people that would gain salvation.
If you can find anything anywhere in the Bible that's different, please show me.
He named those 2 groups. The "Little flock" and the Great crowd."
So we have to learn where we as individuals fit into one of those two groups. Do you deny that fact?

P

weedhopper

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
is that supposed to scare me? sorry my God is a loving God, not a tyrannical despot.
Nope---just stating a fact that we will all face.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Whtas that again? Please...I dont want to get left behind๐Ÿ˜ณ

rc

Moves
23 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
dude i think its in the wrong thread, this ones about Deucer trying to convince himself of something, not quite sure what it is at present, but we live in hope ๐Ÿ™‚

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
dude i think its in the wrong thread, this ones about Deucer trying to convince himself of something, not quite sure what it is at present, but we live in hope ๐Ÿ™‚
Lol...I keep hoping some scripture somewhere will wake him up. Maybe?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Nov 10

Your absolutley right. All humans have that hope. But again....Jesus only ever mentioned (((((((((((((((( 2 ))))))))))))))))))) groups of people that would gain salvation.
If you can find anything anywhere in the Bible that's different, please show me.
He named those 2 groups. The "Little flock" and the Great crowd."
So we have to learn where we as individuals fit into one of those two groups. Do you deny that fact?
not hope, faith. those two words are hugely different. Salvation is a promise.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

not hope, faith. those two words are hugely different. Salvation is a promise.
Yes exactly it is a promise of something to happen in the future. Only those that "endure until the END will be saved." We can be in a saved position now but it is all depends on our actions and what we do up until that time until the end happens. The end has not happened and we have not had the finale judging yet that Jesus and the 144,000 judges will put into affect.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 10

Yes exactly it is a promise of something to happen in the future. Only those that "endure until the END will be saved." We can be in a saved position now but it is all depends on our actions and what we do up until that time until the end happens. The end has not happened and we have not had the finale judging yet that Jesus and the 144,000 judges will put into affect.
So is that 144 001, or does Jesus not count?