The book of Acts

The book of Acts

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
So is that 144 001, or does Jesus not count?
What does the Bible say?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Don't really understand the questions in relation to the subject but no on all.
"So....Jesus actually puts some part of himself in you?"

It was you that actually got me thinking along those lines.
You think the Word of God can put just a part of Himself in anyone?
Kelly

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
Easy question. 🙂 So is God limited anywhere or is He what He is everywhere
at once at all times?
Kelly
Yes 🙂

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
24 Nov 10

So I hate to even ask this but is it God or Jesus? Jesus said salvation was thru him. He never mentied his Father doing this aspect of salvation.
The scriptures I've already quoted says God will let his son Jesus and the joint heirs, the 144,000, do the judging in the near future. The keys or authority over the Kingdom is handed over to Jesus from God ...[text shortened]... ity thing but this is one of many points that blurs who is who and who does what in the future.
There is no blurring when you realize that God and Jesus are one and the same 🙂
I can prove to you in the old testament that Jehovah is our Saviour and yet Christ is our savior once again a contradiction OR a truth about God and Jesus.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by menace71
There is no blurring when you realize that God and Jesus are one and the same 🙂
I can prove to you in the old testament that Jehovah is our Saviour and yet Christ is our savior once again a contradiction OR a truth about God and Jesus.

Manny
Well in sticking to this thread we should start a new one on that even though we have discussed that extensively before. What do you think?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

Jehovah therefore extended the invitation to the Gentiles. (John 1:10-13; Acts 2:4, 7-11; Romans 11:7) As in the case of the Ephesians, who previously had been “alienated from the state of Israel,” now non-Jews could be sealed with God’s spirit and become part of the congregation of anointed Christians. (Ephesians 2:11-13; 3:5, 6; Acts 15:14) It is appro ...[text shortened]... o is this invitation to all and not just the Jews?
Please expalin why you don't believe this.
So Duecer do you still believe that the 144,000 are still unmarried Jews?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 10
1 edit

What does the Bible say?
It says that Jesus is in a box-like satellite, orbitting the Earth doing hard-core penance especially for you, G-75🙂..or t least thats my reading of it.

edit: you can expect more answers like this if you continue to evade my questions... ok

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
"So....Jesus actually puts some part of himself in you?"

It was you that actually got me thinking along those lines.
You think the Word of God can put just a part of Himself in anyone?
Kelly
Yes, why not?

j

Moves
24 Nov 10

The angel Acts 5:20 instruct the apostles "Go stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life."

"[T]his life" is the new divine life the apostles received through regeneration. They were born with a natural life, They were born again when the Son of God in His form as "life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) came into them.

The act of "this life" being implanted into men is a one time event. The process of "this life" growing, saturating, developing and filling up the recipient is a life long process. Transformation through this imparted divine life is not instantaneous but requires much time and much cooperation.

Because Christ is growing in the believers once having been implanted, Paul spoke to the Galatians of Christ being formed in them. And for this Paul labored much:

"My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ is formed in you ..." (Gal. 4:18)

They had been born again once. But they were spiritually immature. Paul labored in prayer and in ministry that Christ, who had been implanted into them, would be formed in them. That is they would be transformed to express Jesus Christ in every aspect of their daily living.

Because the normal Christian church life is a matter of Christ growing in people, Paul discribed the church as God's farm, or cultivated land. God is growing a crop of Christ in His believers like a farm:

"For we [the apostles] are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land [or farm] God's building. (1 Cor. 3:9)

The new testament church is a farm of God growing Christ as divine life in His people.

Now we come briefly to the 144,000 of Revelation 14:3 and the Harvest of the same chapter in verses 14 through 16. If you look at the chapter as a whole, you will see that beween the mention of the Firstfruits of 144,000 and the Harvest are mentioned the main events of the Great Tribulation.

This is the significance: Before the beginning of the Great Tribulation some matured, developed "plants" on God's church farm will have been raptured to the third heavens. Just as the early crop in the Old Testament was taken to the temple to be offered to Jehovah, these Firstfruits are raptured early for the Father's satisfaction.

Following this rapture of the early RIPE crops on God's farm there will be the scortching heat of the Great Tribulation. This terrible scortching "heat" of calamities and persecutions will be used by God to "ripen" the majority of His crop which was left upon the earth. They are taken up unto God at the end of the Great Tribulation as a majority "Harvest".

Nothing particular is mentione about the reigning of either, at least in this 14th chapter of Revelation. The emphasis rather is on the timing of their growth and maturity. Christ will be formed in the Firstfruits WITHOUT any special need for the Great Tribulation. By willing cooperation they will mature. That is a remnant. That is a minority.

The majority of God's people are not so cooperative. Therefore it is His will that a larger part PASS THROUGH the Great Tribulation. At that time what Christian will longer love the world ? What Christian will longer love to live in sin ? The heat and persecution of the Great Tribulation will be indirectly used by the soviegn God to "ripen" the larger bulk of the crop of His people.

In Revelation 14 we see 144,000 whose sound of singing comes out of heaven. So we know that they have been raptured there. However, there is no emphasis on HOW they were raptured. Rather the scene is presented as if they were simply THERE. We do not see them GO UP. We simply see them THERE.

The meaning of this is that in thier inward being, while on earth, they really were WITH the Lamb Christ and WITH the Father in their daily lives. No dramatic surprise shocks them. No sudden snatching physically away is discribed. They simply lived in the presence of God and Christ because of "this life" that they lived and grew in.

The bottom line of this post is that God will reserve some for Himself who will not die physically before His secnd coming. They will live on the earth and grow unto a mature state by following the Lamb of God in thier daily lives. This should be normal. This should not be considered extraordinary. This should be considere their nornal Christian life.

The fact of the matter is what is NORMAL is not what is AVERAGE. Most of us are not that cooperative. But God will have a ready remnant of those living who have no need to pass through the heat of the tribulation.

This is a briewf word.

I am not saying only 144,000 will be taken up before the great tribulation. Probably the Word of God disignates a number to emphasize that it is a remnant. And the use of 12 times 12 times 1000 speaks of perfection in the full cycle of God's operation in thier lives.

There is no reason to believe the following:

1.) They are the only ones who participate in God's government.
2.) They remain in heaven forever.
3.) They are the only humans who will ever be taken up, if not to heaven, just up to Christ.
4.) They are the only ones who are born again.
5.) They are only Jews (that is in chapter 14).

These are unwarranted assumptions which make too much of this group.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by jaywill
The angel [b]Acts 5:20 instruct the apostles "Go stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life."

"[T]his life" is the new divine life the apostles received through regeneration. They were born with a natural life, They were born again when the Son of God in His form as "life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) ...[text shortened]... re unwarranted assumptions which make too much of this group.[/b]
What? Sorry and no disrespect but this is extremely hard to understand. Perhaps you could condense this for us. Thanks...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

It says that Jesus is in a box-like satellite, orbitting the Earth doing hard-core penance especially for you, G-75🙂..or t least thats my reading of it.

edit: you can expect more answers like this if you continue to evade my questions... ok
The bible says 144,000 are bought from the earth. Jesus is one spirit, the Son of God. So if you have to total those numbers up it would add up to 144,001. Does that answer your question?

j

Moves
24 Nov 10

What? Sorry and no disrespect but this is extremely hard to understand. Perhaps you could condense this for us. Thanks...
===================================
======================================

You usually are not disrespectful.

I will try to help you but you should take a small part and explain what you do not understand. Just take a portion that did not make sense to you, please.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]===================================
======================================

You usually are not disrespectful.

I will try to help you but you should take a small part and explain what you do not understand. Just take a portion that did not make sense to you, please.[/b]
Well..actually most of it. I don't know how else to say it. Sorry.
But for instance the one part where I think you mention that others from earth will go to heaven besides the 144,000.
If that's what your saying why do these other humans go to heaven? What is the purpose of them being there?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by menace71
Yes 🙂
🙂 It was an either or type of question, 'yes' really does not answer it.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Nov 10

Yes, why not?
God not being limited anywhere at once, is God in His fullness at all times.
There is no, 'little bit of God".
Kelly