1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:42
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Oh, good grief. And just when I thought you were making progress. Sigh.
    You think I was going to become like you ... the joker of the forum ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:48
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You think I was going to become like you ... the joker of the forum ?
    I thought you were making progress toward understanding that salvation is by faith alone and not by works.

But you won’t abandon your foolish chest-puffing ways. Sad.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 05:52
    It speaks volumes about this religion that its practioners can’t even agree on its central tenet and that so many SF threads devolve into “I understand this better than you do” and “no you don’t.”
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 11:321 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    It speaks volumes about this religion that its practioners can’t even agree on its central tenet and that so many SF threads devolve into “I understand this better than you do” and “no you don’t.”
    It speaks volumes about a religion that does agrees on every detail.
    It means that they are mindless devotees.

So to prove your point can you tell me of any religion which does not have a multitude of sects and subgroups.

I know the major ones, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, have them by the hundreds.
    Buddhism has them as well but less.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:20
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]So who is exempt from what? Maybe—instead of some minimally necessary requirement for salvation—one should be concerned with simply following the one they call “Lord”—as best they can. Then ask for forgiveness. Then do it again.

This seems to be "Christianity" in a nutshell. Never mind that it's at odds with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.[/b]
    Look, I follow Christ as best I can, as diligently as I can. Sometimes I have gotten it wrong – sometimes I might have gotten it wrong, and I don’t know. If there is no forgiveness for those occasions, then what is the point? I’m already condemned.

That doesn’t mean I believe that crying out “Lord lord” gets anybody anything.

If you want to claim never to have failed – or that you can never fail in the future – then say so straight. Don’t be mealy-mouthed about it.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:241 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Faith that is not enacted in the commandments is STILL FAITH.
    You dont get to define these things how you like.

Faith that does not have good works is dead faith.
    But it is still faith.

Jesus will judge who has faith and who has works, and who has both
    They are two separate and distinct things

Read the book of James. A man can have faith without works. Did you read that?
    Of course I've read james. What part of agreeing with you didnt you get? Do you think that those who strive to have a living faith in works are condemned forever for errors? Then just say so.

There seem to be people who claim for themselves "perfection" - not in the biblical sense of that translation - to feel free to rail against anyone else. And who think that everyone needs to justify themselves - to them.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:28
    Originally posted by @leil
    Look, I follow Christ as best I can, as diligently as I can. Sometimes I have gotten it wrong – sometimes I might have gotten it wrong, and I don’t know. If there is no forgiveness for those occasions, then what is the point? I’m already condemned.

If you want to claim never t ...[text shortened]... r that you can never fail in the future – then say so straight. Don’t be mealy-mouthed about it.
    ToO is an atheist trying to drive people away from Christ so he claims, all evidence to the contrary, that Jesus was just a man and that if you commit a single sin after accepting Christ, you’re destined for hell. It’s hogwash, which is why he refuses to answer literally dozens of questions about what he believes. What he believes is unsustainable and collapses from the slightest scrutiny.

As the Apostle John wrote, he who denies the Son also denies the Father and who hath not the Son hath not the Father.

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

(1 John 2:22-23)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:34
    Of course I've read james. What part of agreeing with you didnt you get? Do you think that those who strive to have a living faith in works are condemned forever for errors? Then just say so.

There seem to be people who claim for themselves "perfection" - not in the biblical sense of that translation - to feel free to rail against anyone else. And who think that everyone needs to justify themselves - to them.
    rajk claims he is a sheep and, at the same time, routinely bears false witness against other posters, condemns other posters to hell, misrepresents the Gospel, falsely conflates belief in Christ with mouth worship, falsely claims anyone who commits a single sin is living a lifestyle of sin and therefore is barred from entering God’s Kingdom, falsely claims atheists go to heaven, can’t explain the purpose of Jesus Christ’s crucifixion and Resurrection, can’t explain how God’s New Covenant with man is different from the Old Testament Covenant, and so on and so forth.

He’s a lot like ToO.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:37
    ToO is an atheist trying to drive people away from Christ so he claims, all evidence to the contrary, that Jesus was just a man and that if you commit a single sin after accepting Christ, you’re destined for hell. It’s hogwash, which is why he refuses to answer literally dozens of questions about what he believes. What he believes is unsustainable and co ...[text shortened]... me hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

(1 John 2:22-23)
    Then there's reality. Most of what Romans has written here is untrue.

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

From what I gather, Romans advocates for a different gospel, but is unable to reasonably refute what I post. As such, Romans stoops to deceit. Romans may well be the most deceitful poster on this forum.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:522 edits

If you want to claim never t ...[text shortened]... r that you can never fail in the future – then say so straight. Don’t be mealy-mouthed about it.
    According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, it's about abiding in and keeping His word and no longer committing sin.

John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    --Those who commit sin are slaves.

" 31 ...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
    --Those who are true disciples of Jesus are freed from the slavery of committing sin and are no longer slaves.

"36So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
    --Jesus reemphasizes that his true disciples are indeed made free from committing sin.

" 35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”
    --Those who continue to commit sin will not have eternal life. Those who no longer commit sin will have eternal life.

Evidently you believe in a different gospel.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:54
    Then there's reality. Most of what Romans has written here is untrue.

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

From what I gather, Romans advocates for a different gospel, but is unable to reasonably refute what I post. As such, Romans stoops to deceit. Romans may well be the most deceitful poster on this forum.
    Well say what’s untrue and what isn’t. You’ve been asked by several posters numerous times if you believe God exists and you refuse to answer.

You’ve falsely said Jesus was just a man and that one cannot commit a single sin and enter the Kingdom of God.

If you’ve changed your position on those matters or are now willing to say you believe God exists, that’s great. Just say it.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 22:56
    According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, it's about abiding in and keeping His word and no longer committing sin.

John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    --Those who commit sin are slaves.

" 31 ...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disci ...[text shortened]... longer commit sin will have eternal life.

Evidently you believe in a different gospel.
    We’ve been over this before. Not interested in rehashing what’s already been responded to and proven to be out of alignment with your false doctrines.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 23:03
    Well say what’s untrue and what isn’t. You’ve been asked by several posters numerous times if you believe God exists and you refuse to answer.

You’ve falsely said Jesus was just a man and that one cannot commit a single sin and enter the Kingdom of God.

If you’ve changed your position on those matters or are now willing to say you believe God exists, that’s great. Just say it.
    It's not like I haven't corrected you before. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

This is what you do. You do it with rajk999 also.

You are what you are. You're free to change that at any time.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 23:05

Why do Christians constantly ask others to judge whether or not they will be in the Kingdom of God.

Here is what I said again:
    Faith + Works is what = Eternal life in the Kingdom of God
    Faith alone is Dead

Jesus Christ will judge people.

Not once did I make any comment about myself
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 23:071 edit
    We’ve been over this before. Not interested in rehashing what’s already been responded to and proven to be out of alignment with your false doctrines.
    Once again, then there's reality. My post was directed toward leil.

You've "proven" nothing. That's why you stoop to these repeated ad hom attacks.

If you could reasonably refute what I post, I imagine you would. But you can't, so you don't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree