1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:42
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Why do Christians constantly ask others to judge whether or not they will be in the Kingdom of God.

Here is what I said again:
    Faith + Works is what = Eternal life in the Kingdom of God
    Faith alone is Dead

Jesus Christ will judge people.

Not once did I make any comment about myself
    Does works without faith (works alone) = Eternal life in the Kingdom of God?

Based on your previous claim that atheists go to heaven, I have to believe your answer is, “Yes.” That (obviously) means you think works are more important to God than faith, which is unBiblical and utter garbage.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:43
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Once again, then there's reality. My post was directed toward leil.

You've "proven" nothing. That's why you stoop to these repeated ad hom attacks.

If you could reasonably refute what I post, I imagine you would. But you can't, so you don't.
    Your psychological projection is at DEFCON 5 levels.

Please leave me out of it.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:45
    It's not like I haven't corrected you before. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

This is what you do. You do it with rajk999 also.

You are what you are. You're free to change that at any time.
    You’ve avoided and ignored literally dozens of questions in the recent past so I’m not surprised you’re still doing it.

Why you’re so reluctant to admit you’re an atheist is beyond me as this forum has quite a few.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Does works without faith (works alone) = Eternal life in the Kingdom of God?

Based on your previous claim that atheists go to heaven, I have to believe your answer is, “Yes.” That (obviously) means you think works are more important to God than faith, which is unBiblical and utter garbage.
    No the answer is not automatically yes. Christ will judge people.

Christian Saints are called to a higher standard of conduct that nonChristians These are the elect of God and the Saints that will rule with Christ. There are the Christians with Faith + Works. Faith and the Holy Spirit does NOT necesarrily mean good works will follow .. thats a pile garbage.

There are people who will still be in the Kingdom of God based on Romans 2

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another😉 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. (Romans 2:14-16 KJV)

The doctrine that nonChrsitians will automatically be cast out is another piece of church nonsense.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 02:53
    No the answer is not automatically yes. Christ will judge people.

Christian Saints are called to a higher standard of conduct that nonChristians These are the elect of God and the Saints that will rule with Christ. There are the Christians with Faith + Works. Faith and the Holy Spirit does NOT necesarrily mean good works will follow .. thats a pile ga ...[text shortened]... doctrine that nonChrsitians will automatically be cast out is another piece of church nonsense.
    <<Faith and the Holy Spirit does NOT necesarrily mean good works will follow .. thats a pile garbage.>>

There you go again, denying the power of God’s Holy Spirit and contradicting the Bible. No surprise there.

And you’re reading a meaning from that Romans’ passage that doesn’t exist.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 02:58
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<Faith and the Holy Spirit does NOT necesarrily mean good works will follow .. thats a pile garbage.>>

There you go again, denying the power of God’s Holy Spirit and contradicting the Bible. No surprise there.

And you’re reading a meaning from that Romans’ passage that doesn’t exist.
    Ok your opinion is noted and filed for future reference.
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    28 Mar '18 03:30
    Why do Christians constantly ask others to judge whether or not they will be in the Kingdom of God.

Here is what I said again:
    Faith + Works is what = Eternal life in the Kingdom of God
    Faith alone is Dead

Jesus Christ will judge people.

Not once did I make any comment about myself
    That's a good response. I will only add, as a side on your first question, that a lot of Christians seem quite willing to tell others whether or not they will be in the Kingdom of God, based on how they read the gospels. And maybe only a fool would listen to them. Good response though. Thanks.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    28 Mar '18 03:321 edit
    According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, it's about abiding in and keeping His word and no longer committing sin.

John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    --Those who commit sin are slaves.

" 31 ...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disci ...[text shortened]... longer commit sin will have eternal life.

Evidently you believe in a different gospel.
    I believe in everything that Jesus says. I just don't believe that what you say it means is right. Especially when you have to add footnotes "explaining" what Jesus must mean even though he doesn't say just that. I don't believe that your sinless. And remember that Jesus said that every sin would be forgiven but the sin against the Holy Spirit. I will rely on Jesus, not you.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Mar '18 11:29
    Originally posted by @leil
    That's a good response. I will only add, as a side on your first question, that a lot of Christians seem quite willing to tell others whether or not they will be in the Kingdom of God, based on how they read the gospels. And maybe only a fool would listen to them. Good response though. Thanks.
    Ok. People will come in all types before Christ. Some with faith, some with both faith and works and some with works alone.

From the teachings of Christ and the Apostles it is my view that works is the greater of the two. Of course perfection is faith + good works. But I would say that a man with works alone would fare better than the man with faith alone. This is clearly supported by the Bible. Unfortunately many Christians of today preach and believe in a doctrine which supports faith alone without works. They proclaim falsely that good works automatically follow faith with is not correct and not supported in the Bible.

Do you have an opinion on that?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '18 14:211 edit
    Originally posted by @leil
    I believe in everything that Jesus says. I just don't believe that what you say it means is right. Especially when you have to add footnotes "explaining" what Jesus must mean even though he doesn't say just that. I don't believe that your sinless. Originally posted by @leil
    [b]I believe in everything that Jesus says. I just don't believe that what you ...[text shortened]... every sin would be forgiven but the sin against the Holy Spirit. I will rely on Jesus, not you.
    I believe in everything that Jesus says.I just don't believe that what you say it means is right. Especially when you have to add footnotes "explaining" what Jesus must mean even though he doesn't say just that.

The "footnotes" are about as straightforward as can be. If you believe that my "footnotes" substantively deviate from the text I quoted, then by all means delineate exactly where and how. If you can't, then I submit to you that you don't "believe in everything that Jesus says" as you claim. You just like to think that you do.

John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    --Those who commit sin are slaves.

" 31 ...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
    --Those who are true disciples of Jesus are freed from the slavery of committing sin and are no longer slaves.

"36So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
    --Jesus reemphasizes that his true disciples are indeed made free from committing sin.

" 35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”
    --Those who continue to commit sin will not have eternal life. Those who no longer commit sin will have eternal life.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '18 10:38
    It speaks volumes about a religion that does agrees on every detail.
    It means that they are mindless devotees.

So to prove your point can you tell me of any religion which does not have a multitude of sects and subgroups.

I know the major ones, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, have them by the hundreds.
    Buddhism has them as well but less.
    I don't suppose that the sects and factions of any religion agree on all the details. But arguing over getting the central tenet right (faith or works or both, for example) is peculiarly Christian, as this thread amply demonstrates.

It seems to me that the question who is going to make it to heaven was clearly established long ago: one enters only through God's grace, and only God knows who will be graced. Nothing, absolutely nothing, you can do, think, say, or believe guarantees that God will show you grace on your day of judgement.

Someone once asked the prophet Mohammed whether he would go to heaven. He answered that he did not know, only God knew that. Now that's humility.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Mar '18 11:071 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    I don't suppose that the sects and factions of any religion agree on all the details. But arguing over getting the central tenet right (faith or works or both, for example) is peculiarly Christian, as this thread amply demonstrates.

It seems to me that the question who is going to make it to heaven was clearly established long ago: one enters only ...[text shortened]... e would go to heaven. He answered that he did not know, only God knew that. Now that's humility.
    This what you said : It seems to me that the question who is going to make it to heaven was clearly established long ago: one enters only through [i]God's grace, and only God knows who will be graced. Nothing, absolutely nothing, you can do, think, say, or believe guarantees that God will show you grace on your day of judgement.[/i]

1. Nobody goes to heaven. The righteous enters the Kingdom of God
    2. One enters through Gods grace - Correct
    3. Only Gods knows who will be graced - Correct. Althought there are times when a person is told.
    4. Nothing you can do etc will guarantee that God will show grace - WRONG.

Faith is no guarantee. Following Christ is a guarantee. Jesus said:
    My sheep hear my voice
    They follow me
    I give them eternal life.

That to my ears is a guarantee otherwise Jesus is a liar.
    Following Christ is the only sure way to enter the Kingdom of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree