The Garden of Eden

The Garden of Eden

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Oct 14

Originally posted by lemon lime
You didn't see me saying my faith was undermined by divegeesters' OP... why do you persist in misrepresenting and misquoting me?
Why don't you just be clear then? You said he "undermines the faith of other Christians". Which Christians are you referring to? What evidence do you have that their faith has been undermined? It's a claim you have made and you ought to substantiate it.

F

Moves
18 Oct 14

You and divegeester aren't clever enough to undermine my faith. I think you may have done a splendid job of fooling yourselves into thinking it doesn't take much to fool the average Christian. But that mistake rests entirely on you, and so I don't feel any remorse for calling you on it.
But it is you who has claimed he undermines the faith of other Christians. And when asked about it you can't say who it is you are referring to or what the issue of faith was. You need to explain whose undermined faith you were talking about.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
Why don't you just be clear then? You said he "undermines the faith of other Christians". Which Christians are you referring to? What evidence do you have that their faith has been undermined? It's a claim you have made and you ought to substantiate it.
No, I said, "Oh please, since when are Christians supposed to undermine the faith of other Christians?"

It was a rhetorical question. I didn't say he undermines the faith of other Christians, and I would not say that because frankly I don't believe he is clever enough to pull it off.

So what about you? Do you intend to keep going with your own deceptive practices?

F

Moves
18 Oct 14
2 edits

No, I said, "Oh please, since when are Christians supposed to undermine the faith of other Christians?"
So you believe he undermines the faith of other Christians? Or... now you are saying you don't think he undermines the faith of other Christians? Which is to be? You can't be saying both.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester (OP)
Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
Genesis 2:8

I'm inviting speculation or theology.

What did the soil in the garden consist of?
Genesis 3: 17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life. 18 “Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field; 19 By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return.”

In the pristine environment of the Garden of Eden God provided soil which was perfectly fertile without thorns and thistles.

F

Moves
18 Oct 14

So what about you? Do you intend to keep going with your own deceptive practices?
So when divegeester said this: "I am already a vocal Christian and have been for about 25 years, so what are you talking about?"

And you replied:

"Oh please, since when are Christians supposed to undermine the faith of other Christians? Show me in the Bible where it says you should be doing that."

...this was you saying you don't think he undermines the faith of other Christians? Really? It seems a little odd because you say one thing and then you pretend you meant the opposite of what you said.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
So when divegeester said this: "I am already a vocal Christian and have been for about 25 years, so what are you talking about?"

And you replied:

[b]"Oh please, since when are Christians supposed to undermine the faith of other Christians? Show me in the Bible where it says you should be doing that."

...this was you saying you don't think h ...[text shortened]... ttle odd because you say one thing and then you pretend you meant the opposite of what you said.[/b]
"You didn't see me saying my faith was undermined by divegeesters' OP, so why do you persist in misrepresenting and misquoting me?"

"You and divegeester aren't clever enough to undermine my faith. I think you may have done a splendid job of fooling yourselves into thinking it doesn't take much to fool the average Christian. But that mistake rests entirely on you, and so I don't feel any remorse for calling you on it."

F

Moves
18 Oct 14

I am one the most forthright posters here. That's why some people get bent out of shape. You can't find any examples of me lying in any of the conversations you and I have had.

F

Moves
18 Oct 14

You didn't see me saying my faith was undermined by divegeesters' OP, so why do you persist in misrepresenting and misquoting me?
Well if it's not your faith he's undermined, whose faith are you claiming he has undermined? And can you give an example or two of his posts where you are claiming his intent was to undermine a fellow Christian's faith?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Oct 14

[b"You and divegeester aren't clever enough to undermine my faith. [/b]
Implicitly suggesting that there is someone
who is clever enough to undermine your faith.
😀

A psychological slip?

Moves
18 Oct 14
3 edits

It was a rhetorical question. I didn't say he undermines the faith of other Christians, and I would not say that because frankly I don't believe he is clever enough to pull it off.

Actually, I'm going to come right out and say it; you are a bare faced liar.

I've been chasing you down on this since you posted it and you lacked the balls to face me on it. You have deliberately avoided every reply I've made to you on this accusation and I'm not going to let you get away with it. You are a coward and a liar - and based on this evidence there is no way you are a "Christian".

Here is the exchange:

originally posted by divegeester
"I am already a vocal Christian and have been for about 25 years, so what are you talking about?"

lemon lime replied
"Oh please, since when are Christians supposed to undermine the faith of other Christians? Show me in the Bible where it says you should be doing that."

lemon lime, you are a liar and a coward.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
19 Oct 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Actually, I'm going to come right out and say it; you are a bare faced liar.

I've been chasing you down on this since you posted it and you lacked the balls to face me on it. You have deliberately avoided every reply I've made to you on this accusation and I'm not going to let you get away with it. You are a coward and a liar - and based on this evi ...[text shortened]... the Bible where it says you should be doing that."

lemon lime, you are a liar and a coward.
Attacking (and attempting to discredit) Christians and key aspects of Biblical teaching doesn't make you a Christian. So if you didn't tell anyone you were a Christian, how would they know?

Moves
20 Oct 14

Attacking (and attempting to discredit) Christians and key aspects of Biblical teaching doesn't make you a Christian. So if you didn't tell anyone you were a Christian, how would they know?
I have accused you of being a bare faced liar and stated my reasons why; are you able to refute my claim?

Moves
20 Oct 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
In the pristine environment of the Garden of Eden God provided soil which was perfectly fertile without thorns and thistles.
The Tree of Life was "planted" in this soil, according to the text.

Do you believe the Tree of Life was a real Tree with roots for absorbing nutrients from the soil and leaves for photosythesis, or do you believe the Tree was sybolic as it is shown to be in the Revelation of Jesus Christ?

Read a book!

Moves
20 Oct 14

Originally posted by divegeester
The Tree of Life was "planted" in this soil, according to the text.

Do you believe the Tree of Life was a real Tree with roots for absorbing nutrients from the soil and leaves for photosythesis, or do you believe the Tree was sybolic as it is shown to be in the Revelation of Jesus Christ?
Come on, folks, instead of quibbling over tree roots and microbes, here's a better question:

If mankind, here in the 21st century, were given another chance to choose between immortality in
a carefree world, or knowledge accompanied by pain and suffering, which option would we select?

I say the latter.. in a heartbeat. Long live Original Sin!