The Garden of Eden

The Garden of Eden

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Oct 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
I think the lot that finds itself on God's bad side, will not be at peace.
Kelly
Can you explain what you mean by "god's bad side"?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Oct 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Can you explain what you mean by "god's bad side"?
It's the side you seem to have found yourself on.

This is just a suggestion (no one is telling you what to do) but you might want to move over to his good side sometime before you croak... because after that all bets are off.

But like I said, it's only a suggestion... do as you will*

*freewill

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
It's the side you seem to have found yourself on.

This is just a suggestion (no one is telling you what to do) but you might want to move over to his good side sometime before you croak... because after that all bets are off.

But like I said, it's only a suggestion... do as you will*

*freewill
I am already a vocal Christian and have been for about 25 years, so what are you talking about?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Oct 14

I am already a vocal Christian and have been for about 25 years, so what are you talking about?
Oh please, since when are Christians supposed to undermine the faith of other Christians? Show me in the Bible where it says you should be doing that.

What you and FMF appear to have in common is the same spirit of self deception. You two seem to consistently be on the same side in opposition to Christians and Christianity in general, but then expect any real Christian to be fooled into thinking otherwise. Or maybe you're just fooling yourselves, I still haven't worked that part out yet...

So... are you two well aware of what you have been doing, and assume Christians are stupid because of what they believe?

evidence works to narrow down options

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Oct 14

Oh please, since when are Christians supposed to undermine the faith of other Christians? Show me in the Bible where it says you should be doing that.
Can you explain how I "undermine the faith of other Christians?"

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Oct 14
1 edit

I don't have any problem believing the "vocal" part of that statement, but the very first time I talked with you (it was some time ago) I commented on your avatar (the bright blue angry looking face) and asked why you chose an intimidating looking avatar. I was also wondering why atheists here didn't disagree with you, and it was wolfgang59 who answered me... he said your theology is sensible. He didn't say Christian theology is sensible, he said your theology is sensible. Am I now supposed to believe that wolfgang59 thinks Christian theology is sensible?

I prefer thinking for myself, but I'll suspended disbelief for a moment and ask you to tell me what to believe. What is it about your theology that atheists find agreeable? The reason I'm asking is because I have never seen an atheist agree with Christian theology, unless the Christian espousing that 'theology' has first agreed with atheism.

F

Moves
15 Oct 14

I was also wondering why atheists here didn't disagree with you, and it was wolfgang59 who answered me... he said your theology is sensible. He didn't say Christian theology is sensible, he said your theology is sensible. Am I now supposed to believe that wolfgang59 thinks Christian theology is sensible?
wolfgang59 disagrees with divegeester's beliefs all the time. As for why on one occasion he described divegeester as "sensible" compared to some other Christians, why aren't you posing that question to wolfgang59?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Oct 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
wolfgang59 disagrees with divegeester's beliefs all the time. As for why on one occasion he described divegeester as "sensible" compared to some other Christians, why aren't you posing that question to wolfgang59?
...why aren't you posing that question to wolfgang59?

Why are you answering, was I posing that question to you?

F

Moves
15 Oct 14

[b]...why aren't you posing that question to wolfgang59?

Why are you answering, was I posing that question to you?[/b]
I am commenting on your post. It's seems you should be posing your question about 'why wolfgang59 used the word sensible once to describe divegeester' to wolfgang59 himself. The validity of divegeester's claim to be a Christian cannot be determined by what someone happened to say to him once. If you believe there is some genuine significance in wolfgang59's use of the word "sensible", then it is him you should be asking about it.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Oct 14

You two seem to consistently be on the same side in opposition to Christians and Christianity in general, but then expect any real Christian to be fooled into thinking otherwise.
A Christian and a non-Christian agreeing !!! And against you!!!!

They should be burnt at the stake.

But of course divegeester cannot possibly be a real Christian because he doesn't agree with you!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Oct 14

I was also wondering why atheists here didn't disagree with you, and it was wolfgang59 who answered me... he said your theology is sensible. He didn't say Christian theology is sensible, he said your theology is sensible. Am I now supposed to believe that wolfgang59 thinks Christian theology is sensible?

I prefer thinking for myse ...[text shortened]... n theology, unless the Christian espousing that 'theology' has first agreed with atheism.
For the record I do not agree with divegeester's theology.
(That should be obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense!
He is a Christian and I am atheist)

But I said his theology was sensible:- it is cohesive, moral and
seems based on rational interpretation of the bible. (I shall probably
come to rue those words in a later debate!!) BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY
I THINK HE RESPECTS THE VIEWS OF OTHERS, IS WILLING TO DEBATE
AND DOESNT DICTATE WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIAN

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Oct 14

I don't have any problem believing the "vocal" part of that statement, but the very first time I talked with you (it was some time ago) I commented on your avatar (the bright blue angry looking face) and asked why you chose an intimidating looking avatar. I was also wondering why atheists here didn't disagree with you, and it was wolfgang59 who answered m ...[text shortened]... n theology, unless the Christian espousing that 'theology' has first agreed with atheism.
Firstly, can you explain how I "undermine the faith of other Christians?"

If you are going to throw out an accusation like this you really ought to have the courage to back it back it up with something substantial.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Oct 14

I don't have any problem believing the "vocal" part of that statement, but the very first time I talked with you (it was some time ago) I commented on your avatar (the bright blue angry looking face) and asked why you chose an intimidating looking avatar. I was also wondering why atheists here didn't disagree with you, and it was wolfgang59 who answered m ...[text shortened]... n theology, unless the Christian espousing that 'theology' has first agreed with atheism.
So let me get this straight, you are extrapolating one comment by Wolfgang and an avatar to me not being a Christian, is that correct?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Oct 14

So let me get this straight, you are extrapolating one comment by Wolfgang and an avatar to me not being a Christian, is that correct?
divegeester:
Apologies if I have condemned you to hell. I shall
apologise in person when I meet you there!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
I am commenting on your post. It's seems you should be posing your question about 'why wolfgang59 used the word sensible once to describe divegeester' to wolfgang59 himself. The validity of divegeester's claim to be a Christian cannot be determined by what someone happened to say to him once. If you believe there is some genuine significance in wolfgang59's use of the word "sensible", then it is him you should be asking about it.
"Do as I say, not as I do", eh?