1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 15:46
    @kellyjay said
    Revelation 20:15
    And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
    No torment there. The bible states that only the beast, false prophet and Satan face eternal torment. Apparently nobody in your church can read. Do you attend a church for the retarded?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 15:49
    @rajk999 said
    No torment there. The bible states that only the beast, false prophet and Satan face eternal torment. Apparently nobody in your church can read. Do you attend a church for the retarded?
    You fail to connect the same place the devil and His angels are to be send those cast in are also going to same place, there is no distinction and the fate will be the same. You were given plenty of scripture for this, you can choose to deny it, but it was given.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 15:50
    @rajk999 said
    Matthew 5:22
    But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 16:001 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Matthew 5:22
    But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
    You fool. You are not my brother, not biologically and not spiritually. My brothers spiritually promote and preach following the commandments of Christ. You are a product of Satan. fool.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 16:43
    @rajk999 said
    You fool. You are not my brother, not biologically and not spiritually. My brothers spiritually promote and preach following the commandments of Christ. You are a product of Satan. fool.
    You know Jesus told a story about brothers, you should read that. It is how we are to treat everyone else not just those we like.
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 16:53
    christians going at eachother's throats. What's not to like?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 16:56
    @kellyjay said
    Your error is that you cherry-pick the traits of what you think God should be. If God only behaved like you would if you were God. All the while, ignoring all there is about God to grasp who He really is. God is more than just love, He is good, just, righteous, with all of that and more! God is Holy, keeping all aspects of His nature in total agreement, complete harmony!

...[text shortened]... ision that was denied, or ignored. The suffering is the place designed for the devil and the angels.
    Yes, If I were a loving God I wouldn't torment people, even bad people, for all eternity. I give no apology for that.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 16:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If a loving God truly exists my friend, nobody is in danger of eternal torment.

Nobody.
    That logic doesn't pass muster.

It is not logical to assign definition and meaning to a fictitious God, in the first place, and in the second, if God, in the truest sense of the term, actually exists, you wouldn't know, in and of yourself, how to define His nature.

It works like this. If I give a description of "God", His nature and character, whatever I said would be of no value unless it was based on what "God" said relative to who and what He is.

Can you not see the sense of that?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 17:021 edit
    @secondson said
    That logic doesn't pass muster.

It is not logical to assign definition and meaning to a fictitious God, in the first place, and in the second, if God, in the truest sense of the term, actually exists, you wouldn't know, in and of yourself, how to define His nature.

It works like this. If I give a description of "God", His nature and character, whatever I said would be ...[text shortened]... t was based on what "God" said relative to who and what He is.

Can you not see the sense of that?
    'IF' a loving God exists, I do not consider it logical that such a loving God would torment people for all eternity.

As a human, I have a thorough understanding of the terms 'loving' and 'eternal torment' and enough logic to ascertain that the two are not compatible.

(Probably the weakest post I have read from you in this forum).
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 17:22
    God just likes to play around
    sometimes He'll drown ya
    sometimes He'll burn ya
    I guess He does play dice
    isn't that nice
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 18:03
    @divegeester said
    Ok this thread is specifically calling SecondSon and Sonship to the platform to discuss precisely what it is we all need to know about Jesus and his alleged oversight of the burning of people in Hell for eternity. I’d include JellyKay but he’s got me on ignore as usual.

Why am I starting this thread? Both of the protagonists mentioned are keen to highlight the l ...[text shortened]... what you believe about it, please feel free to step in and correct my understanding.

Thank you.
    No, no; don't bother them; it all makes perfect sense.

Their God feels the bizarro-love for all humans. It is the quality of making sure that a person endures infinite suffering for the flaw of not loving God back.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 19:30
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes, If I were a loving God I wouldn't torment people, even bad people, for all eternity. I give no apology for that.
    I gave that to you, you don't like God because He doesn't behave as you would with that you know. That sort of leaves out what do you not know that He does?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 19:361 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said
    No, no; don't bother them; it all makes perfect sense.

Their God feels the bizarro-love for all humans. It is the quality of making sure that a person endures infinite suffering for the flaw of not loving God back.
    Not loving is a flaw; one of the biggest there is, as part of the two greatest commandments. So God, who is love, creates the universe, and it is called very good. He sets up the world, so love can be expressed and experienced, which can only be done by those that can either love or not. God gives us everything we need for life; life at the beginning was all set up to flourish and create more life. When we introduced selfishness into our world, we did die, and immediately things started going bad fast brother murdering brother was one of the first. A lack of love right out of the box!
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 20:13
    @kellyjay said
    I gave that to you, you don't like God because He doesn't behave as you would with that you know. That sort of leaves out what do you not know that He does?
    I know that He does not exist.

With respect, that's more than you know.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 20:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I know that He does not exist.

With respect, that's more than you know.
    You make the claim he does not exist, and your claims are just that, your claims.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree