The god who burns people alive for eternity

The god who burns people alive for eternity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
You make the claim he does not exist, and your claims are just that, your claims.
I prefer to capitalize 'He' when referring to God. (Even the fictional ones).

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
14 Sep 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
...but what about the female ones?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Sep 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I typically do for God, not just any ole gods, but didn't that time my bad.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
Hell is described and stated clearly in scripture, but like many other scriptures if anyone refuses to take the words on face value they find themselves in error.
Sonship and SecondSon appear to hold a different view to your interpretation where non-Christians will be burnt alive forever.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Your inability to pick up the “gauntlet” thrown down in my OP is noted.

Your disgraceful doctrine describes a Jesus who overseas the eternal burning alive of non-Christians in Hell.

Deny it, prove me wrong.

So you wish to taunt me and thereby give me some self vindicating incentive to argue with you some more?

I thought you ev ...[text shortened]... ect of the Gospel.

What did you think of my thread on "Eleven Reasons for Assurance" ?
Your inability to pick up the gauntlet while posting another hollow bunch of jazz-handed nothingness is noted.

You believe that Jesus will be overseeing the eternal “burning alive” (yes those exact words) of non Christians.

Don’t again ever imply that I’m lying about this.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@secondson said
This is my preliminary reply. I know you're passionate about this topic, so I want to give it serious thought and consideration before attempting a reply.
At the earliest it will be later tonight. I have a wedding to attend today, (not my own) and some things to do now.
Hopefully we can arrive at an understanding and lay this question to rest.
I look forward to reading your serious considered thoughts, which I hope will at the very include your unequivocal stance on the challenge in the OP.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

If a loving God truly exists my friend, nobody is in danger of eternal torment.

Nobody.

Why did Jesus say of the one who betrayed Him, that it would have been good for him to have never been born ? Is it because Jesus had no love ?

"The Son of Man is going away, even as it is written concerning Him, but woe to that man ...[text shortened]... f." (Matthew 26:24,25)

Jesus was not a God-man of love, manifesting no love?
Are you going to actually address the challenge in the OP?

Or are you hoping this thread will become so stifled that the reason the OP exists will be forgotten?

You challenged my integrity about saying that you believed that Jesus will be in Hell overseeing the eternal “burning alive” of non Christians.

Either put up a counter argument or apologise.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Thank you for sharing your personal experience there.
Obsequious stroking of other poster is not going to get you off other hook sonship.

The challenge in the OP is going to be there forever. All you have to do is demonstrate that I was wrong in positioning your belief as Jesus burning people alive for eternity.

I’m waiting.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
I asked Dive to demonstrate that death meant non-existence in the Bible. He never did it to my recollection.
You love slip these little hypocritical gems into your long waffle posts hoping people won’t see them.

Never mind what I have or haven’t demonstrated, this there is about YOU and your lack of integrity, your lack of balls to stand up an openly declare and defend the disgraceful doctrine about the Lord Jesus Christ.

SecondSon is the same.

JellyKay is the same.

The three of you believe that the Lamb will be literally in Hell with his angels overseeing the eternal burning alive of non Christians.

Prove me wrong.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
Revelation 20:15
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 23:33
You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Matthew ...[text shortened]... ere the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Yes yes yes.

What not directly and unequivocally give a response to the challenge in the OP. The OP is about WHAT you believe not WHY you believe it...

...which is your endless chining of “because is says so in the bible, it’s plain to read, it can’t mean anything else except what I believe it says”

Come on JellyKay toughen up, face me down. Talk to me instead of sulking in your bedroom like a prepubescent youth.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
You asked for scripture you got it, Jesus is casting people into the lake of fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels. So everyone cast into the same place as the devil and his angels are going to end up in hell, where it is said that, "... they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." Disappearing after a little suffering isn't being tormented day and n ...[text shortened]... ere the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
“It’s what the bible says, it’s what the bible says, it’s what the bible says”

“It’s all literal”

“Multi headed beasts like the ones in Jason and the Argonauts they are literal too, I saw one once in chips section of Walmart”

Pathetic.

F

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
You make the claim he does not exist, and your claims are just that, your claims.
Aren't your claims just that, your claims, too?

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
Your error is that you cherry-pick the traits of what you think God should be. If God only behaved like you would if you were God. All the while, ignoring all there is about God to grasp who He really is. God is more than just love, He is good, just, righteous, with all of that and more! God is Holy, keeping all aspects of His nature in total agreement, complete harmony!

...[text shortened]... ision that was denied, or ignored. The suffering is the place designed for the devil and the angels.
You believe that Jesus will be in Hell overseeing the eternal burning alive of billions of non Christians because that failed to believe that he LOVED them so much that he came and died for them.

What utter nonsense.

Prove me wrong...

Moves
15 Sep 19

@kegge said
christians going at eachother's throats. What's not to like?
It’s called contending for the truth, it happened in the old and new testaments. If you want to comment in here you really ought you know what you’re talking about.

Moves
15 Sep 19

@secondson said
That logic doesn't pass muster.

It is not logical to assign definition and meaning to a fictitious God, in the first place, and in the second, if God, in the truest sense of the term, actually exists, you wouldn't know, in and of yourself, how to define His nature.

It works like this. If I give a description of "God", His nature and character, whatever I said would be ...[text shortened]... t was based on what "God" said relative to who and what He is.

Can you not see the sense of that?
I’m still looking forward to hearing your serious and considered response to the challenge in the OP.