1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 14:35
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Dodge number 18. If you don't even know where to begin, how can you tell that person A loves person B?
    I have answered your question, despite its weak and juvenile manufacture. And if my last dodge was number 4, how could this one be number 18?!

Good god, you can't even do basic math.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:001 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I have answered your question, despite its weak and juvenile manufacture. And if my last dodge was number 4, how could this one be number 18?!

Good god, you can't even do basic math.
    You said explanation number 18 so by your count that must be 18 dodges. You have yet to tell me how you can tell whether person A loves person B.

By the way, saying that love is so much more than being kind to someone, showing them goodwill, turning the other cheek and not wishing them harm, does not tell me how you know whether person A loves person B.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:48
    You said explanation number 18 so by your count that must be 18 dodges. You have yet to tell me how you can tell whether person A loves person B.

By the way, saying that love is so much more than being kind to someone, showing them goodwill, turning the other cheek and not wishing them harm, does not tell me how you know whether person A loves person B.
    Your question is inane. Who is person A and person B? Are they enemies?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 18:42
    Your question is inane. Who is person A and person B? Are they enemies?
    No just two random people, person A and person B. What would you consider as evidence that they love one another?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 19:36
    No just two random people, person A and person B. What would you consider as evidence that they love one another?
    Okay, concentrate now.

I have no idea if one person loves another person. I'm simply asserting that if they are 'enemies' then there is no genuine love there. I can't say it any simpler than that. (Though i'm sure you'll misread it and come back with something completely unrelated to what I have said).
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 20:12
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I agree, which is where faith comes in.
    Faith is just a filler for real understanding. Faith REQUIRES you to curb your curiosity, your creativity, intelligence and critical thinking. You start thinking critically in some countries and you end up dead.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 20:13
    Okay, concentrate now.

I have no idea if one person loves another person. I'm simply asserting that if they are 'enemies' then there is no genuine love there. I can't say it any simpler than that. (Though i'm sure you'll misread it and come back with something completely unrelated to what I have said).
    Yet you can tell if a Christian were following Jesus' command on loving
    enemies, how is it you know what one feels and not the other? Having
    an enemy doesn't mean both hate each other, unless you have some
    reason to say that once someone hates you, we automatically hate
    them too. Is love that weak, and hate that strong in your opinion?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 20:35
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Yet you can tell if a Christian were following Jesus' command on loving
    enemies, how is it you know what one feels and not the other? Having
    an enemy doesn't mean both hate each other, unless you have some
    reason to say that once someone hates you, we automatically hate
    them too. Is love that weak, and hate that strong in your opinion?
    Again, you are told to love 'your' enemy, not people who view 'you' as an enemy.

If 'you' view someone as 'your' enemy I do not believe, irrespective of your faith, that 'you' can love them. The best you can do is show them goodwill.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 21:13
    Again, you are told to love 'your' enemy, not people who view 'you' as an enemy.

If 'you' view someone as 'your' enemy I do not believe, irrespective of your faith, that 'you' can love them. The best you can do is show them goodwill.
    What is the difference? If someone wants to kill me is my enemy, my feelings for them
    doesn't matter! This is a different how? Your judging everyone by your standard to the
    point of denying there could be something different than what you think.

My actions towards everyone is a reflection of my heart, it doesn't mean that
    someone couldn't pretend to love by doing good...if that is what they are doing then that
    should show us this is what love looks like when it is on display.
  10. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 21:20
    don't forget all the aliens that have visited Earth !!
    and some are still watching us develope !
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 03:532 edits
    Okay, concentrate now.

I have no idea if one person loves another person.

Thank you finally the truth. So if they do love each other there would be no way for you to either confirm or deny it.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 07:20
    [b]I have no idea if one person loves another person.

Thank you finally the truth. So if they do love each other there would be no way for you to either confirm or deny it.[/b]
    How is taking one snippet of what i wrote and ignoring the rest the truth? How about addressing the actual point of what i wrote?

"I have no idea if one person loves another person. I'm simply asserting that if they are 'enemies' then there is no genuine love there. I can't say it any simpler than that."
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 07:23
    How is taking one snippet of what i wrote and ignoring the rest the truth? How about addressing the actual point of what i wrote?

"I have no idea if one person loves another person. I'm simply asserting that if they are 'enemies' then there is no genuine love there. I can't say it any simpler than that."
    But if you are saying that there is no genuine love there you are contradicting yourself because just before that you said you have no idea if one person loves another. You can't have it both ways, either you know or you don't. So which is it?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 07:31
    But if you are saying that there is no genuine love there you are contradicting yourself because just before that you said you have no idea if one person loves another. You can't have it both ways, either you know or you don't. So which is it?
    There is no genuine love if the 2 people are enemies. Which part of that are you not getting?!

Trying to divert in to a discussion about 2 random people who are not enemies and whether or not they love each other 'really' is a strawman argument. My comments are solely in regards to loving an enemy.

If you really don't understand that, bog off.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '17 08:10
    There is no genuine love if the 2 people are enemies. Which part of that are you not getting?!

Trying to divert in to a discussion about 2 random people who are not enemies and whether or not they love each other 'really' is a strawman argument. My comments are solely in regards to loving an enemy.

If you really don't understand that, bog off.
    How do you go about loving an enemy who just killed your child?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree