the insanity of faith

the insanity of faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Was that 'another' specifically an enemy?
Jesus laid His life down for us, I know of others who have laid their lives down for family and friends. To limit this to love do you acknowledge that as love?

Moves
20 Sep 17

If a mutual enemy told me they loved me, I wouldn't believe them. (As such a love is not humanly possible). A non-enemy telling me they loved me may be genuine or may not be genuine.
How do you know that it's not humanly possible for everyone? Surely if someone felt love for an enemy you wouldn't be able to tell since it would be something they feel and not you.

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
You are still dodging the question, how can you tell whether or not person A loves person B?
Ghost bump.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Jesus laid His life down for us, I know of others who have laid their lives down for family and friends. To limit this to love do you acknowledge that as love?
Sorry, but your two examples don't help us answer the question of whether it's possible for a human to love an enemy.

Your first example references Jesus/God which gets us no where in understanding human limitations when it comes to love fuelled sacrifice. Your second example references family and friends, not enemies. - I personally would lay down my own life for family and friends, precisely because I love them. I do not believe I would sacrifice myself for an enemy, and to be blunt, I doubt you or anyone else would either. (Excluding Jesus).

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Sep 17
1 edit

Ghost bump.
Don't bump me sir. You're so tedious in your posting you're fortunate if I respond to you at all.

(And the question is exceptionally tedious and pointless).

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Sep 17

How do you know that it's not humanly possible for everyone? Surely if someone felt love for an enemy you wouldn't be able to tell since it would be something they feel and not you.
Please provide your evidence that it is possible to love something you hate.

Moves
20 Sep 17

Don't bump me sir. You're so tedious in your posting you're fortunate if I respond to you at all.
Well it's quite obvious that answering the question would not support your position, and neither would ignoring it. Catch 22.

Moves
20 Sep 17

Please provide your evidence that it is possible to love something you hate.
You obviously don't love the person you hate. The natural response is to hate your enemy, yes, but God can turn hate into love when you pray for your enemies and when you do good to those that persecute you.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 Sep 17

You obviously don't love the person you hate. The natural response is to hate your enemy, yes, but God can turn hate into love when you pray for your enemies and when you do good to those that persecute you.
God is asking you basically to show goodwill to your enemies. In His omniscience, even God knew it was impossible for man to love his enemies in any meaningful sense.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 17

Sorry, but your two examples don't help us answer the question of whether it's possible for a human to love an enemy.

Your first example references Jesus/God which gets us no where in understanding human limitations when it comes to love fuelled sacrifice. Your second example references family and friends, not enemies. - I personally would lay d ...[text shortened]... yself for an enemy, and to be blunt, I doubt you or anyone else would either. (Excluding Jesus).
I can't get you past emotional feelings, we are a far cry from loving even family let alone enemies by definition.

Moves
21 Sep 17

God is asking you basically to show goodwill to your enemies. In His omniscience, even God knew it was impossible for man to love his enemies in any meaningful sense.
Do you think the fact that you cannot seem to love your enemies means that no one can?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Sep 17

Do you think the fact that you cannot seem to love your enemies means that no one can?
As stated, I do not believe it is possible to love what you hate. Still waiting for you to evidence that the contrary is true.

Moves
21 Sep 17
1 edit

As stated, I do not believe it is possible to love what you hate. Still waiting for you to evidence that the contrary is true.
What would you accept as evidence? Nothing I guess. What in your mind would be evidence that person A loves person B?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 17

It isn't loving what we hate, it is loving our enemies, which we do not have to hate even if
they are our enemies. They can hate us, it does not follow we have to hate them.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Sep 17

Originally posted by @rbhill
You should've added verse 19.
Destroy the wisdom of the wise? You figure that is a good thing? That is exactly what I talk about, the denigration of human intelligence and creativity putting mankind on such a low plane nothing they say is worth anything even though it was humans wrote the bible and no god was needed for that. EXACTLY like L Ron Hubbard wrote the Scientology bible and no god was needed for that.