1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:46
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Well sincere beliefs don't mean truth, our issues being many, have among them what we use to understand and measure what is truth. Another one of many issues are we can listen to teachers that tell us what we want to hear, this colors everything to suit what we want to see.
    But to them it is not just a case of sincere beliefs; the level of their conceptual and non-conceptual knowledge is so high that transcends faith the way it is conceived at this thread. To them, there is no "insanity of faith" but direct experiencešŸ˜µ
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:50
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Not so much.
    Therefore faith belief?
    Love is foundational as far as I am concerned. We live by faith no matter how we butter our bread.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:52
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Would you say then that IF God had actually worked through me that this would be miraculous?

I can't say I can disagree. All glory belongs to God.
    No I am saying that your claims about yourself are utterly ludicrous.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:52
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    But to them it is not just a case of sincere beliefs; the level of their conceptual and non-conceptual knowledge is so high that transcends faith the way it is conceived at this thread. To them, there is no "insanity of faith" but direct experiencešŸ˜µ
    So they can not be wrong? Because they feel so strongly that they are right?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:531 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    They are not about myself, they are about God.

Without him I'm nothing.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:56
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Not so much.
    Therefore faith belief?
    Love is not rational and faith is not rational.

Both are related. If you love someone you typically place your faith in them. No matter the evidence or those who may talk about them, you side with them because you love them and believe in them.

Problem is, we are wired with love. Without love our lives are essentially meaningless and empty, yet it is irrational.....at least, in our limited minds.

Go figure.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:58
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    I don't believe faith is insanity I believe we all live by it, people can be insane, faith not so much.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 19:081 edit
    What do you think of this American woman who was recently sprayed in the face with Acid in France?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-sprayed-acid-marseille-forgives-103212293.html

A woman who, along with three friends, was sprayed at with acid while on holiday in Marseille, has posted a message of forgiveness on Facebook for her attacker.

Courtney Siverling was targeted by “psychologically disturbed” attacker in Marseille’s main railway station yesterday in an attack which left two of her friends with facial burns.

Although she was uninjured, she was treated for shock.

The young woman wrote on Facebook: "Thank you so much to everyone who has reached out to see if I'm ok and/or has been praying for us. I did not receive any injuries from the attack in Marseille this morning and we are all safe. The French police and the U.S. Consulate have been wonderful and we are so thankful for that.

"I pray that the attacker would be healed from her mental illness in the name of Jesus and receive the forgiveness and salvation that can only come from Him.

"'This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.' Psalm 91:2".

Michelle Krug, who was also targeted in the attack, asked for her Facebook friends to pray for the attacker.

She wrote: "I want you all to know that my friends and I are doing okay. To fill in those who have not heard, three of my friends and I were attacked this morning at a Marseille train station by a woman suffering from a mental illness. She threw a weak solution of hydrochloric acid at us from a water bottle, which got in one of my eyes and one of my friend's eyes. We were all treated at a local hospital and are anticipating a quick recovery.

"I ask that if you send thoughts and prayers our way, please consider thinking about/praying for our attacker so that she may receive the help she needs and deserves. Mental illness is not a choice and should not be villainized.

"I'd like to thank the US Consulate, French police, and all of the wonderful people who helped us today and made us feel safe.

"Looking forward to continuing this incredible opportunity to live and study in France!"

The four women were Boston College juniors in their early 20s taking part in study abroad programmes, with three in the French capital and a fourth based in Copenhagen, Denmark.

They were named by their university as Courtney Siverling, Charlotte Kaufman, Michelle Krug and Kelsey Kosten.

The director of the Boston College's Office of International Programs, Nick Gozik, said the women have been released from the hospital and "it appears that the students are fine, considering the circumstances".

Police arrested a 41-year-old woman immediately after the attack at about 9am local time, judicial sources said.

She was said to have a history of mental illness and a police record for theft. The victims, in their early 20s, were rushed to hospital and discharged later in the day. One suffered a partial loss of vision in one eye.

The assailant, who reportedly used a canister of cleaning fluid containing hydrochloric acid, told detectives that she herself had been attacked with acid when she was younger.

She stayed in the station after the attack and showed photographs of herself with burns, La Provence newspaper reported.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 21:49
    They are not about myself, they are about God.
    What complete nonsense. You have claimed you personally have a magical ability to "love those who hate you and want you dead" based on some exceptionalism that you insist your superstious beliefs confer upon you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 21:50
    What do you think of this American woman who was recently sprayed in the face with Acid in France?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-sprayed-acid-marseille-forgives-103212293.html

A woman who, along with three friends, was sprayed at with acid while on holiday in Marseille, has posted a message of forgiveness on Facebook for her attacker.

Courtney Siv ...[text shortened]... n after the attack and showed photographs of herself with burns, La Provence newspaper reported.
    What does any of this have to do with you?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 23:40
    What does any of this have to do with you?
    Nothing, which is why I brought it up.

You obviously don't believe a word I say, so what do you think of this lady's story? Do you think this woman really forgave this person or is she lying as well?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 23:42
    What complete nonsense. You have claimed you personally have a magical ability to "love those who hate you and want you dead" based on some exceptionalism that you insist your superstious beliefs confer upon you.
    What I said is that love is a choice. You have the option of rendering evil for evil, or not rendering evil for evil and praying for them. I've done this in the past ONLY because of my faith In Christ. Why is this so hard to believe?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '17 00:03
    Nothing, which is why I brought it up.

You obviously don't believe a word I say, so what do you think of this lady's story? Do you think this woman really forgave this person or is she lying as well?
    The story has nothing to do with you. I am tackling you on your preposterous claims to have some magical capacity for love.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '17 00:05
    What I said is that love is a choice.
    I told you why I don't think it is.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '17 00:11
    You have the option of rendering evil for evil, or not rendering evil for evil and praying for them.
    And is all the hateful scorn you heap upon people you disagree with something you believe your god figure tells you to do when you pray?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree