The month has expired early.

The month has expired early.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
31 Mar 16
5 edits

Originally posted by Dasa
A very good honest question asked nicely without innuendoes.

We must respond to the enquiry in stages, being careful not to make a mistake with the answer, because the answer is dependendant on the teachings of Islam.

Ok, but we must look at the entire Islamic teaching's to be able to actually answer the question properly

Do you have any opposition to ...[text shortened]... for all the current questions and the future questions.?

It will take some time (a long time)
You said what you would do to Muslims that took up arms in one sentence.

You said what you would do to Muslims who renounced their faith in one sentence.

What would you do to Muslims that do not take up arms but do not renounce their faith?

I am not interested in your view on the teachings of Islam. Some Muslims will be follow it strictly, others won't. Muslims will have many interpretations of different passages.

I just wanted to know what you would do to a Muslim who does not want to kill anyone, does not want to rape anyone, lives peacefully and who wants to carry on studying the Quran in peace. Which is the overwhelming majority of practising Muslims.
It is a simple and honest question, and you continue to avoid answering it.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider

You said what you would do to Muslims who renounced their faith in one sentence.

What would you do to Muslims that do not take up arms but do not renounce their faith?

I am not interested in your view on the teachings of Islam. Some Muslims will be follow it strictly, oth ...[text shortened]... practising Muslims.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16
3 edits

I am not interested in your view on the teachings of Islam. Some Muslims will be follow it strictly, oth ...[text shortened]... practising Muslims.

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

I have apologized in the forum, so we all can reset the forum and move on. Someone has to step forward and reset the forum, because otherwise the forum will descend into a self-annulling catastrophe. The forum needed to be reset because it had been going berserk for 48 hours non stop. What do I mean by saying it went berserk non-stop? I mean that there were about six or seven posters who were constantly attacking everything I posted, and it was not nice and I wanted it to end. Each poster had their reasons to post the way they did, as did I have my reasons as well. Can we just all agree that it was a good move to reset the forum by an apologetic offering.

You have apologized for your behaviour. That's good. And your behaviour-problem is reset, fine by me. The opinions you expressed, however, will only get "reset" as and when you retract them, if necessary, or explain them frankly (and without resorting to personal abuse). The views you revealed yourself as having and the calls to action you made are most certainly not "reset"; they are very much still on the table, as are - I'm sure - the views of all the people that confronted you for your behaviour/ideology during the last week or so.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16

Ro

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

Ok, this is going to be an interesting state of affairs because the leopard will not change his spots.

I have apologized in the forum, so we all can reset the forum and move on.

Someone has to step forward and reset the forum, because otherwise the forum will descend into a self-annulling catastrophe.

The forum needed to be reset because it had been go ...[text shortened]... e questions.?

It will take some time (a long time)

HOW am I to respond to rank outsider's
I don't need to change my spots. My question is a reasonable and honest one. We have recorded a number of examples of posts of yours where you advocate genocide.

So you can just answer my question and stop playing these silly and futile little games. The fact that you don't simply demonstrates my point and that your new persona is not an honest one.

I am asking you how you would behave towards someone. There is no need to interpret Islamic text to explain this. You do not adhere to the Quran. Your behaviour is not determined by it.

I'll make it easy for you. You don't need to tell me everything you would do.

But imagine a Muslim who does not want to kill anyone, does not want to rape anyone, lives peacefully and who wants to carry on studying the Quran in peace.

Would your actions towards them involve any act of violence or threat of violence?

I think it would. If not, you can simply clarify this and we can move on to what it would actually involve later.

Edit: I see you have now deleted your post.

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by Rank outsider to Dasa
Edit: I see you have now deleted your post.
If you look at my previous post (in response to Dasa) you can see [quoted] part of what he was saying. I sense he's trying to dilute his apology and shift the responsibility for what happened, in part at least, away from himself.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

Ok this is the crux of it...........you have just asked what would I do to a Muslim who didn't kill or rape and was peaceful right.?

But how can a Muslim be peaceful if the religion is not peaceful.

This is a very crucial point I am making.

Islam is instructing the followers (well it says it in black and white )

That black and white is saying to strike terror in the hearts and slay them where you find them)

We also see and observe many conflicts perpetrated by Muslims.

So I am not observing peaceful Muslims.

And you are requesting me to take peacefulness as a given.

I need to see and observe a reduction in the many violent clashes that are observed and reported over the media everyday throughout the world, then I can embrace the religion and not before..

This is just the way things are and they are sadly not very nice (I wish they were)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16

Hey, I deleted that very long post because I thought it was far too long and confusing.

I am trying to be apologetic for something that is hard to be apologetic for.

Look at the headlines in the media every day.

F

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

I am trying to be apologetic for something that is hard to be apologetic for.
What seems to be "hard" for you now ~ one day on ~ is how to inject the degree of equivocation and hedging into your apology that [after some reflection] you apparently desire and feel you need. 😛

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

We also see and observe many conflicts perpetrated by Muslims. So I am not observing peaceful Muslims. And you are requesting me to take peacefulness as a given.
So, if you don't mind me asking, if you admit - as you now seem to be indicating - that you don't know anything about how the vast majority of peaceful and law abiding Muslims live, why on earth are you calling for them to be killed?

Ro

Moves
01 Apr 16

Ok this is the crux of it...........you have just asked what would I do to a Muslim who didn't kill or rape and was peaceful right.?

But how can a Muslim be peaceful if the religion is not peaceful.

This is a very crucial point I am making.

That black and white is saying to st ...[text shortened]... before..

This is just the way things are and they are sadly not very nice (I wish they were)
Well, let me give you some figures.

According to last census, there were just over 2.7m Muslims living in the UK.

Do you know how many people have been killed by Muslim extremists in the UK in the last 10 years?

This attack involved 2 people.

Given that you think Muslims are all motivated by the desire to gain eternal life, virgins etc through the killing of non-Muslims, and are willing to become martyrs to do so, what do you think the other 2.7m Muslims in the UK are doing?

Peacefulness of the majority is not just a given, it's a fact.

Ro

Moves
01 Apr 16
5 edits

That black and white is saying to strike terror in the hearts and slay them where you find them)
If you stopped and thought for one second about this, you would see what nonsense you are talking.

Only a few days ago you posted a passage from the Vedas that appeared to support rape.

You then said it was a bad translation and provided you own.

We said it still supported the concept of rape.

You then said it needed to be read in context, but did not provide that context.

Does it never occur to you in your blind hatred that the paragraphs you are referring to in the Quran can also be interpreted in a different way/context?

The Bible is littered with violent verses.

From these the Westboro Baptists (Christians) believe and support the reintroduction of the death penalty for gay people.

Yet Suzianne (another Christian) proudly boasts about her church accepting gay people into their community.

The same Biblical texts, there in black and white. Yet two groups of the same faith reach precisely opposite conclusions.

Muslims around the world do not read the texts you cite and see it as a call to arms to start war against non-Muslims. You must know this, as there are 400,000 Muslims in your country and I will wager you have never met one that threatened violence against you.

Billions of Muslims all around the world not killing or hurting anyone.

What are you going to do to these people?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16

If you stopped and thought for one second about this, you would see what nonsense you are talking.

Only a few days ago you posted a passage from the Vedas that appeared to support rape.

You then said it was a bad translation and provided you own.

We said it still supported the concept of rape.

You then said it needed to be read in context, ...[text shortened]... all around the world not killing or hurting anyone.

What are you going to do to these people?
The verse that you talk about was put into the forum by someone else not me.

I had never seen that verse in my entire life until that day.

In fact I steer clear of such verses, but I did make a comment that the translation was poor.

The verse found its way into the forum to incite conflict and to agitate.

Now what am I going to do to these people/Muslims....l you ask.

First of all (because this is the start of the new lets be friendly week) I am going to ask all the Muslims to come together and make a decision to remove from the Quran the verse that says (strike terror in their hearts and slay them where you find them)

Then with the help from my Muslim bothers we shall remove more violent verses from the Quran.

Is this a good idea?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So, if you don't mind me asking, if you admit - as you now seem to be indicating - that you don't know anything about how the vast majority of peaceful and law abiding Muslims live, why on earth are you calling for them to be killed?
No..........I have posted to you above in the thread just there.