1. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 14:11
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The verse that you talk about was put into the forum by someone else not me.

I had never seen that verse in my entire life until that day.

In fact I steer clear of such verses, but I did make a comment that the translation was poor.

The verse found its way into the forum to incite conflict and to agitate.

Now what am I going to do to these peopl ...[text shortened]... om my Muslim bothers we shall remove more violent verses from the Quran.

Is this a good idea?
    One thing is obvious about you. You lack the ability to place yourself in the shoes of others.

You steer clear of verses you find offensive.
    Moderate and peaceful Muslims will steer clear of verses they find offensive.

Yet you want to kill and exterminate them.

You are an extremist and it is those like you that need to removed from the planet so that peaceful people can co-exist.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 14:20
    The verse that you talk about was put into the forum by someone else not me.

I had never seen that verse in my entire life until that day.

In fact I steer clear of such verses, but I did make a comment that the translation was poor.

The verse found its way into the forum to incite conflict and to agitate.

Now what am I going to do to these peopl ...[text shortened]... om my Muslim bothers we shall remove more violent verses from the Quran.

Is this a good idea?
    And what if they refuse?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 14:58

...The verse found its way into the forum to incite conflict and to agitate.
    That is incorrect. I posted that verse in the forums to demonstrate to you that even your Vedas had parts of them that were dark in nature, which nullifies your objections to the dark parts of the Koran (or bible). - If you do not follow every part of the Vedas yourself, why assume every Muslims follows every part of the Koran to the level of the extremists.

And an apology isn't genuine if it is only done to 'reset' the forums. You said some pretty nasty stuff.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 15:401 edit
    Dear forum.

I thought for a moment I had a month to vacation but it was not to be.

Because I have time on my hands at home due to my health issues, I shall take it easy and practice posting with my new found persona.

I have an appointment with the pain clinic on the 8th and am looking forward to some improved pain relief on that date.

So in the ...[text shortened]... help me with this, but allow me to be the free spirited Krsna advocate as usual.

Hare Krsna.
    "Ok help me with this,"

OK Dasa, are you being helped by the reactions so far? If so, how, and if not, what would be helpful?

I hope your pain subsides.

Edit: I have been to a pain management class. It convinced me that others deal with far more pain than mine.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 15:50
    Hey, I deleted that very long post because I thought it was far too long and confusing.

I am trying to be apologetic for something that is hard to be apologetic for.

Look at the headlines in the media every day.
    Depends a lot on what media you follow, as they all have biases some of which are quite extreme. For a balanced view, you should use multiple sources. Try Al Jazeera for a while, maybe a splash of RT. When a story interests you, check it out on the web, find the sources that the media are (very often) distorting or selectively editing to fit their agenda. And anytime you find yourself thinking that all people of one persuasion, religion, race, nationality, gender, or any other grouping can be categorised in a particular way beyond that grouping, slap yourself in the face and understand that you're wrong.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 23:04
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    One thing is obvious about you. You lack the ability to place yourself in the shoes of others.

You are an extremist and it is those like you that need to removed from the planet so that peaceful people can co-exist.
    But if we don't remove the violent verse's from the Quran, someone might read it and blow up a school bus and slaughter many kids.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 23:09

HEY...............I don't want to kill anyone nor anything, but there are people out there reading books that tell them to seek martyrdom through blowing up people.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 23:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    That is incorrect. I posted that verse in the forums to demonstrate to you that even your Vedas had parts of them that were dark in nature, which nullifies your objections to the dark parts of the Koran (or bible). - If you do not follow every part of the Vedas yourself, why assume every Muslims follows every part of the Koran to the level of the ext ...[text shortened]... pology isn't genuine if it is only done to 'reset' the forums. You said some pretty nasty stuff.
    I said some pretty honest stuff as well.,,,,,,,,but the verse you submitted to the forum is not part of my Veda nor any Veda I would put in my favourite's list.

Actually It is a verse from an unknown source........meaning its translation is of an unknown source.

In the Vedas there are many things I have no interest in, for example needle-point and ball-games.

Here are all the different translations of Bhhadaranyaka Upanishad, and could you tell me which translation was used by yourself to translate the verse about the women.

Max Müller, Sacred Books of the East (1879)[68]
    Radhakrishnan, Sarvapalli (1994) [1953], The Principal Upanishads, New Delhi: HarperCollins Publishers India, ISBN 81-7223-124-5
    R. E. Hume (1921)[69]
    Purushottama Lal, (1974) ISBN 81-7595-400-0
    Swami Nikhilananda (1987) ISBN 0-911206-14-0
    Swami Madhavananda, Advaita Ashrama, Kolkata 1934, 4th edition 2004 Online
    Krishnananda Saraswati The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad: English translation, and commentary, Published by Divine Life Society.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 23:51
    HEY...............I don't want to kill anyone nor anything, but there are people out there reading books that tell them to seek martyrdom through blowing up people.
    You have several times called for the death of all muslims, they are filthy this filthy that and only interested in taking over a government and installing sharia law. We can put the exact post you said those things if you wish.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 00:07
    But if we don't remove the violent verse's from the Quran, someone might read it and blow up a school bus and slaughter many kids.
    And if you dont remove several passages from the Vedas people might go about raping women and think it is acceptable.

Rape is as an abhorrent act as terrorism.

Do you want me to quote of some rape stats from India .. the people who follow the Vedas?

Trust me .. its not nice.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 00:19
    Here are all the different translations of Bhhadaranyaka Upanishad, and could you tell me which translation was used by yourself to translate the verse about the women.
    Where did you get the translation you offered from?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 01:111 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Well, let me give you some figures.

According to last census, there were just over 2.7m Muslims living in the UK.

Do you know how many people have been killed by Muslim extremists in the UK in the last 10 years?

This attack involved 2 people.

Given that you think Muslims are all motivated by the desire to gain eternal life, virgins etc ...[text shortened]... m Muslims in the UK are doing?

Peacefulness of the majority is not just a given, it's a fact.
    I think your figures are a little wonky.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 01:16
    I think you figures are a little wonky.
    Then give us the true story of muslim terrorist kills in the UK.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 01:251 edit
    And if you dont remove several passages from the Vedas people might go about raping women and think it is acceptable.

Rape is as an abhorrent act as terrorism.

Do you want me to quote of some rape stats from India .. the people who follow the Vedas?

Trust me .. its not nice.
    Indians do not follow the Vedas.

Who told you Indian's follow the Vedas,

I don't even follow the Vedas., but I do follow the spiritual instructions found in the Vedas because those instructions are the most high.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '16 01:26
    I don't even follow the Vedas.
    If you did follow the Vedas, would you desist from your call for genocide?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree