1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 02:53
    To believe in this concept, is ridiculous. It would be like saying, "today" I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. And tomorrow I can do whatever I want, because I am "saved". Doing whatever I want, to commit all manner of sin, but look I am a child of God.

Has know one ever read, where Jesus is talking about those at judgement. You faithful come here. And those left behind saying, "Lord we cast out demons in your name, we healed people in your name." Then the Lord said to them, "Away from me, I never knew you".
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 03:05
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    To believe in this concept, is ridiculous. It would be like saying, "today" I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. And tomorrow I can do whatever I want, because I am "saved". Doing whatever I want, to commit all manner of sin, but look I am a child of God.

Has know one ever read, where Jesus is talking about those at judgement. You faithful co ...[text shortened]... e, we healed people in your name." Then the Lord said to them, "Away from me, I never knew you".
    That was not the original idea of the saying. However, you are right, that some people interpret it as you did. If Jesus saves a person, do you really think that person could be unsaved?

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 03:591 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If Jesus saves a person, do you really think that person could be unsaved?

The Instructor
    No because Jesus does the saving, we don't. And someone who is saved isn't going to go out and deliberately said. It would be because they are being oppressed and dwelling on sinful thoughts from the enemies of God. If you could lose your salvation why get saved?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 06:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No because Jesus does the saving, we don't. And someone who is saved isn't going to go out and deliberately said. It would be because they are being oppressed and dwelling on sinful thoughts from the enemies of God. If you could lose your salvation why get saved?
    Oh would you get over your differences and get on with the business of saving sorry-ass souls?
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 06:19
    Not this debate again. Expect 300 more posts of distinction-without-a-difference. Why? Because the OSAS crowd will always say 'a Christian who acts too evilly was never really saved in the first place', rendering the whole discussion moot.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:05
    But the whole concept of being saved is about being saved despite your sins -essentially you are saved not because you are good, but because you have found a loophole.

So whats your version? Can you never be saved until after you die, or once you are saved can you be unsaved, or once you are saved are you incapable of sin.

PS. I am not a theist, I just like poking holes in the ridiculous logic you theists come up with.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:091 edit

Has know one ever read, where Jesus is talking about those at judgement. You faithful co ...[text shortened]... e, we healed people in your name." Then the Lord said to them, "Away from me, I never knew you".
    As ridiculous as it may seem to you, there is nothing you can do to achieve salvation as it is a gift of god that no one may boast. Your inability (or mine) to comprehend this does nothing to nullify god's grace. The alternative view is that we get our salvation for DOING something, lose it for DOING something and then errr...what, we get it again for DOING something.

People confuse the freedom of salvation with the lack of discipleship and absence of god's discipline. Consider David, the man after god's heart, also of the root of Jesse and typification of Jesus Christ and yet he committed murder so he could commit adultery with the victim's wife. God dealt with him but never cut him off, never did he say "today you have become an orphan." ?

Look at Moses, led by god to abandon his position of wealth and power, chosen to be the leader of the people of Israel and the lawgiver and yet while god was bringing him out he committed murder. Did you see god say to him:
    "err sorry Moses but you've badly screwed up their old chap so unfortunately the plan is off and I'm afraid you're going to prison and probably death - it was fun while it lasted but you didn't quite make the cut".

To tell someone that god loves them and his completed work of salvation can be accessed through the faith (he has given you) and tell them "ah actually you had a cigarette and a beer and you looked at that woman in a lustful way, so I'm sorry but you're out of the family, and back into hell. Yeah, tough love but gods like that - he hates sinners."

Ridiculous indeed.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 08:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As ridiculous as it may seem to you, there is nothing you can do to achieve salvation as it is a gift of god that no one may boast.
    So does everyone receive this gift, or is it dished out at random?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 10:49
    As ridiculous as it may seem to you, there is nothing you can do to achieve salvation as it is a gift of god that no one may boast. Your inability (or mine) to comprehend this does nothing to nullify god's grace. The alternative view is that we get our salvation for DOING something, lose it for DOING something and then errr...what, we get it again for DO ...[text shortened]... d back into hell. Yeah, tough love but gods like that - he hates sinners."

Ridiculous indeed.
    Good post divegeester..
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 11:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So does everyone receive this gift, or is it dished out at random?
    Why ask questions you already know the answer to.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 12:25
    Why ask questions you already know the answer to.
    How could I know the answer to it? I can't read your mind. I thought most Christians believe that salvation was dished out in return for believing in Jesus, but you clearly said that there is nothing you can do to achieve salvation.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 12:442 edits
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 13:101 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Not this debate again. Expect 300 more posts of distinction-without-a-difference. Why? Because the OSAS crowd will always say 'a Christian who acts too evilly was never really saved in the first place', rendering the whole discussion moot.
    OSAS crowd will always say ..

Really ? That has not what I have noticed.
    Are you sure you're not generalizing ?
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 16:06
    Originally posted by sonship
    OSAS crowd will always say ..

Really ? That has not what I have noticed.
    Are you sure you're not generalizing ?
    I'll tell you what. I'm going to wait for it to happen in this thread. When it does, I will point it out to you.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 16:37
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'll tell you what. I'm going to wait for it to happen in this thread. When it does, I will point it out to you.
    But how could you truly lose something that God freely gives?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree